Fly-eye VS Lamin-X - what are people using?

Wanting to smoke my headlights soon whilst doing my widemouth bumper but I am unsure of which tint to use  :think:  I dont want the lights massively dark as I think it can look tacky if you go too dark, especially as mine's a black car anyway....

So the question is, what are people using? Any pics or links would be great  :rock:

Cheers

fly eyes on mine gets through mot fine too

My astra H was going to fail MOT with fly eyes on, had to peel it off to save a faff having to go back for a re-test.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the cheaper films found on eBay? Thinking of doing mine soon.

Just for info, straight from the MOT manual. Films will pass, as long as the light output isn't reduced:

Reason for failure

5. An obligatory headlamp:

a. inoperative, excessively damaged or
      deteriorated or has a product on the lens or
      light source so that the light output is well
      below that required to illuminate the road
      ahead
Edited by mushtafa

Just waiting to fit the fly-eyes on mine the car came with the rears already done.

I did experiment with yellow tint on the front lights 

scw469.jpg

Looks good on black cars but not on the silver, this was a cheap Chinese tint so needed a lot of heat to get it on. Hoping the fly-eyes isn't as much of a hassle.

• Like 1

Im more pushed towards the lamin-x, think Rob's sporting the tint Im looking for!

When I mot cars with tint films on I just note it as an advisory, never failed 1 because of film.... tinting spray however is a different story lol

I've had Lamin-X on and seen fly eyes up close and personal. It is down to personal preference as they are obviously different, but Lamin-x for me every time.

Be warned though that anything more than subtle tint will diminish your light output. Not a problem around town but a pita when light is at a premium

My octavia and my old LCR,

Both with fly eyes,I've removed them from my octavia during the winter as the was light rubbish!

Going to go down the lamin-x route next time,as I don't like the look close up of the fly eyes.

post-96020-0-11408500-1393709560_thumb.jpg

post-96020-0-06545500-1393709589_thumb.jpg

with standard H4 bulbs, yeah, light output no matter what is pretty crap.

but, stick some uprated bulbs - OSRAM Night breakers or Philips extemes - in and waaaay improved.

Though i think the longevity on the Philips aint that great? could be wrong though..

I have Osram NB's for 18months - best €20 i ever spent on bulbs!

Just fly-eyed the fronts and fitted bi-xenons so no reduced output for me 

oqd7v7.jpg

the beam pattern is good and height adjusters working so I'm not dazzling on coming traffic.Very pleased with today's progress.

Edited by chrisw4266
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I just looking in the wrong place, or can you not get an octavia specific lamin-x kit? Where are people buying theirs from?

Just order the universal kits bud measure your headlights to make sure you buy enough that includes your indicator lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk