Bagged and smooth mk2 fabia vrs (pic/video heavy) now sponsored :)

Ant-Vrs

On your airbox mode, could you do me a favour please if you don't mind. On a day when it's raining cats and dogs and you will do few hours of driving, could you open the filter box and let me know if you find your air filter bone dry or wet? 

I am asking as I think this baffle is to prevent the air filter getting wet. There was evidence inside my air box and I can also see it in your pictures of water entering the airbox - lots of spatter at the back wall directly where incoming air is hitting it. That is why there is water drain in the airbox.

On your airbox mode, could you do me a favour please if you don't mind. On a day when it's raining cats and dogs and you will do few hours of driving, could you open the filter box and let me know if you find your air filter bone dry or wet? 

I am asking as I think this baffle is to prevent the air filter getting wet. There was evidence inside my air box and I can also see it in your pictures of water entering the airbox - lots of spatter at the back wall directly where incoming air is hitting it. That is why there is water drain in the airbox.

yeah I can do that for you buddy. I don't think it'll be a issue, if I had a the itg induction kit with the filter at the side of the engine like on the polo gti 6r. There isn't a hole for the water to get away if they was some.

Ant

yeah on air ride buddy. It's awesome ride low park lower haha.

Im looking at coilovers for mine but dunno yet! airride is expensive but worth it! Dunno which to get tbh and what about your warranty isnt that void due to all the mods on your car??

no fella I've had a new engine when the airride was fitted

So doesnt the airride void your warrenty then?? Or has your warrenty ran out?? As i was told with mine been a 6e plate that what ever i do to the car say i changed the suspension, then the warrenty would be void for that part, isnt yours??

So doesnt the airride void your warrenty then?? Or has your warrenty ran out?? As i was told with mine been a 6e plate that what ever i do to the car say i changed the suspension, then the warrenty would be void for that part, isnt yours??

to be fair they dint say anything to me about it. Just lefted them a note on how to work it and any problems to ring me. Also I took extended warranty out aswell.

to be fair they dint say anything to me about it. Just lefted them a note on how to work it and any problems to ring me. Also I took extended warranty out aswell.

Oright asif! As they told me any modifications would void the warrenty thats all

looking good in winter mode ant looks sick

cheers Adz  

Oright asif! As they told me any modifications would void the warrenty thats all

no nothing was said, under warranty I had fitted - new engine, new badges, new side repeater, the vinyl on the door pillars done twice and new door rubbers. The car was in show mode with the Split rims, airride, smooth front end.

Today I've fitted some crap hids. Not that happy with them I would waste my time and money on them again unless they was awesome which they ain't. Had 100w rally bulbs in before which are giving nearly the same light output.

20141111_092112.jpg

20141111_183223.jpg

20141111_183241.jpg

20141111_183252.jpg

20141111_183309.jpg

they don't look to blue there but when your driving everything is blue to me.went for the 35w 6k ones.

you may not appreciate it, but i do ;) I was looking at these, think I will stick to the high power bulbs, got some high output phillips ones in, and they seem to work really well, transfered tyem from my old fabia too, so god knows how old they are, but still going strong!

cheers Adam. Somebody was telling me the other day that you can get airride in credit now. Well the Schmidts rims have gone now.

No problem mate, can you? Might have a look into it see how much it would be.

Have they? I think I saw them for sale on facebook? We're they yours?

Do higher power output bulbs produce more heat? I've read somewhere about people melting their headlights or is it some sort of urban myth?

well I ran the 100w rally ring bulb for about a year and no melting the wires. I am not sure about the 55w hid ballasts if they get hotter but I am only putting the 55w hid bulbs on to the 35w ballasts.  

I think it's a myth, awesome car btw. I've got hids in mine and are 1000% brighter than those look in the pictures

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

cheer dude. What kit did you put in yours? Where I took the pictures the road dropped away from me
  • Like 1