2015-model

3 months eh!

First offence?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I wish. I make it the 14th offence! Just wish i knew what id done wrong :rofl:

Mine aren't auto dimming, but mine is a launch weekend car so it is a little odd spec wise compared to the brochure :)

Didnt think mine were auto dimming. I know the rear view mirror is auto dimming, but didnt think wing mirrors were. About a November build mine is.

Edited by JungleJames

vRS has rear parking sensors as standard.  The only way to get front ones on the 2014 model was to order park assist.  It would appear that for the 2015 model you can either order park assist (cost of which has gone up) or you can order just front+rear sensors.

It's worth noting that park assist also has side sensors (that's how it scans for a parking sensor) as well as front+rear.  That's why I'm sticking with park assist on my order rather than trying to change to just front+rear sensors and saving a bit of money.  May use the actual parking assist functionality once to try it out, but can't see me using it regularly.

• Like 1

Are they auto dimming on the Elegance?

In my defence, I have been away for 3 months, so havent seen the car in that time. With it being fairly new when i left it, I'll need to re familiarise myself when i get back!!!

No they arent auto dimming as standard on an Elegance, just folding with boarding spots.

Auto dimming is a £100 option but can only be had (and is a madatory option) with Electric seats.

Auto dimming mirrors have a little band all the way around the mirror which is the contact for the electrochomatic panel in the mirror glass.

Edited by pipsyp

No they arent auto dimming as standard on an Elegance, just folding with boarding spots.

Auto dimming is a £100 option but can only be had (and is a madatory option) with Electric seats.

Auto dimming mirrors have a little band all the way around the mirror which is the contact for the electrochomatic panel in the mirror glass.

I have the whole package (folding, dimming, boarding spots) without Electric seats. Standard on Elegance. Could be this configuration is not available in UK though...

I have the whole package (folding, dimming, boarding spots) without Electric seats. Standard on Elegance. Could be this configuration is not available in UK though...

Its not for sure. Our Elegance gets folding mirrors with boarding spots as standard, only way to get dimming is to option the electric seats.

Im going to make myself sound stupid now, but hey, so what.

What exactly are boarding spots?

Ive heard the term, and ive obviously seen it as advertised on the Elegance etc, but I cant see what they are. All i see is a folding in wing mirror.

So thankyou in advance to anyone that wants to explain it to the stupid one

Im going to make myself sound stupid now, but hey, so what.

What exactly are boarding spots?

Ive heard the term, and ive obviously seen it as advertised on the Elegance etc, but I cant see what they are. All i see is a folding in wing mirror.

So thankyou in advance to anyone that wants to explain it to the stupid one

They are small light spots under the mirror that illuminate the ground by the doors, so that it's easier to see when boarding the car :-) my wife was very fond of this feature one pitch black night where it illuminated a puddle she could avoid ;-)

They are small light spots under the mirror that illuminate the ground by the doors, so that it's easier to see when boarding the car :-) my wife was very fond of this feature one pitch black night where it illuminated a puddle she could avoid ;-)

Oh those. Thats what they are on about. Dunno what i ever called those lights, but never realised they were boarding spots.

Admit they are good.

Thankyou very much :thumbup:

• Like 1

Maybe not as the order would have to be placed with Skoda by the 28th to get the previous pricing.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

My dealer confirmed order is in and price will be honoured , lucky day to order then , now have the wait, wife pleased about getting cruise control also thrown in

...chrome window surrounds are back....

TP

I hope these are available as an accessory also, I really think they set the car off nicely. Probably be twice the price an a accessory though.....

Its not for sure. Our Elegance gets folding mirrors with boarding spots as standard, only way to get dimming is to option the electric seats.

Ah, clever auto dimming leaves the mirrors set how you want them and moves you in the seat so you are not dazzled!

• Like 1

So folding and dimming mirrors are now available on the vRS......shame you have to spec elec seats, leather and seat heating as well.....minimum £1600 combined option price!! Mental!!

• Like 1

So folding and dimming mirrors are now available on the vRS......shame you have to spec elec seats, leather and seat heating as well.....minimum £1600 combined option price!! Mental!!

But can you actually have electric seats in the vRS? I'd be surprised....

Apparently so unless SUK have royally messed up the configurator again...heated rear seats available this time too.

I suppose when you're paying that sort of money to have vienna heated leather on a Golf its actually not such bad value for money but you'd really want to have the mirrors and leather to justify that cost.

Edited by pipsyp

My dealer confirmed order is in and price will be honoured , lucky day to order then , now have the wait, wife pleased about getting cruise control also thrown in

You've been lucky, it has gone the other way before for some people!

And folding mirrors are on there as a £100 option.

Huzzah! :love:

(edit: but to select them, you have to also add electric seats, and to add them you have to add leather, and if you add leather you have to add heated seats. So total cost is £100+£700+£600+£200 = £1600!). Boo Hiss.

Folding mirrors on RS are extra £100?

Will enquire if available for Australian market! I will pay!

Neil, new brochure states that electric seats can be had on the vRS if ordered with full leather.

Hmmm.... Interesting, still alot of money though and the quality of the faux leather isn't amazing....

I just added electric seats and folding mirrors on my order from January. Was at build week 34, waiting to hear if that has affected it :/

I pouched about ACC again, but definitely a no. The radar unit is 'only' £434, but he reckons the labour and other ancillaries to retro fit would make it cost prohibitive.