On board speed warning

seboni121

Hi folks just wondering if there is something on the market that pings you when you get to a certain speed i.e 40 in a 40 and warns you when you reach it , like a tom tom but will let you know when you need to slow down , I know I've got a speedo but an audible ping that lets you know rather than getting a speeding ticket :)

Ah right im with you. Yes id actually like the same as you.... and swmbo would like one that stops her going over 30 in a 30, over 40 in a 40 etc. Second ticket in MY car. Dread to think what she like in hers.. never mind the bikes.

You cannot rely on the SATNAV to warn you, local councils are always messing with speed limits and if your unit has an update from before the latest change, you wont get a warning. My local council keep adding an 100 meters to the various 30 and 40 limits every year, so the satnav is always "off" on what speed I should be doing.At some points the 60 mph zone between villages is down to a few hundred meters :-(

I have Igo and that does it, I have it set at 110% then a nice lady says I am over the limit. I agree though you need to ensure your maps are up to date.

John

Igo is Nav software, you can get it for a smart phone or as I have the changed head unit that runs windows mobile 6 Though I use the Android version when on my bike (though I am surprised it does not just give up telling me)

John

I don't want to start generation issues, but when I learnt to drive, observation of hazards ahead was high on the list, and today I keep an open eye out for highway robbers, AKA  SCP vans and cameras. Perhaps if all learnt to look out for hazards, to wallet and to safety, then road safety might be higher on the drivers agenda.

Is road angel still on the go?

They used to do a box that picked up speed cameras and laser traps but I'm sure it also used to warn you about current speed limits.

Hi folks just wondering if there is something on the market that pings you when you get to a certain speed i.e 40 in a 40 and warns you when you reach it , like a tom tom but will let you know when you need to slow down , I know I've got a speedo but an audible ping that lets you know rather than getting a speeding ticket :)

New audi and vw have one, but you set the limit only once.

If you pay extra on a range of cars the can read road signs and will ping while you are over that speed.

^^ i know that you mean mate.

Its easy to gradually speed up without noticing in a modern, smooth, quiet car though isnt it

Never really had that problem,even in semi decent hire ones. One function I did like to last hire was a digital speed option.