VW key upgrade done.

The key is kind of massive (coming from a Renault Laguna which had a credit card ) I have Keyless on mine, can anyone who has taken the key apart advise if it's a really silly idea to rip the electronics out of the key put them in some other kind of protection and put them in a wallet? Since the actual key is not required

The key is kind of massive (coming from a Renault Laguna which had a credit card ) I have Keyless on mine, can anyone who has taken the key apart advise if it's a really silly idea to rip the electronics out of the key put them in some other kind of protection and put them in a wallet? Since the actual key is not required

If you have have a flat battery in either the remote or the car you'll need the key to manually unlock it.  So yes it's a silly idea, plus the keys are well over £100 to replace.

• Like 1

Ordered from ebay. Arrived next day. In my opinion it's amazing how a small thing makes it feel a lot more special .....sad I knowattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sad, yes! Absolutely correct, Yes! 

It really does make a whole lot more than £10 difference to the look and feel. Money well spent.  :sun:

• Like 2

They are currently available for £10 with free P&P on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351043352508

Just received item from ebay seller. Ordered in anticipation of VRS delivery in a couple of weeks time. Small price to pay for a classy key fob. Just need buy the T6 torx bit to fit. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Done both my keys as well. Really good. Makes a nice difference.

Tips# Use a handle of a plastic spoon to flip off the battery cover and a T6 torx bit.

Q8UICbQ.jpg

I did mine the other day, looks a lot nicer. Not bothered doing my girlfriends though as then it makes it easier to differentiate between them which is good when the car will magically remember our seat / mirror settings :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted one to each of my keys and was called a "sad git" by my wife for the trouble!

I think it looks much better, so I'm happy!

My Mrs said something similar! They just done appreciate the effort we make at times!

My Mrs said something similar! They just done appreciate the effort we make at times!

Typical… bet they'd be full of positive comments if you filled the back seats with cushions and a nice throw!

• Like 1

Typical… bet they'd be full of positive comments if you filled the back seats with cushions and a nice throw!

Or if you bought a "lavender and elderflower springs sensations" plug in diffuser!

Cracking post Neily03. I'll be ordering one today. Briskoda forum is fantastic for sharing great tips. Keep them coming.

• Like 2