I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

On 07/12/2017 at 17:34, kenfowler3966 said:

I rarely use this feature as more often than not, having dipped the mirror does not return to normal position.

Had the same problem with last Yeti, so seems to be a design fault.

Like on all VAG cars with this feature, the mirror will go back to the normal position once you have moved forward again and go over 5mph. It certainly doesn't stay in the dip position forever!

7 minutes ago, 900000 said:

Like on all VAG cars with this feature, the mirror will go back to the normal position once you have moved forward again and go over 5mph. It certainly doesn't stay in the dip position forever!

Well it did on mine, very jumpy in operation on last car and often only manual intervention got it to come back.

2 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Well it did on mine, very jumpy in operation on last car and often only manual intervention got it to come back.

Not sure how old your Yeti's were but if they were in warranty then surely the dealer would have been responsible for getting the mirror to operate properly? 

I found some issues with the dipping mirror on my SEAT, however I found that it had been set up strangely from new, so a couple of minutes spent setting it up properly solved this.  This meant putting the selector in the left mirror mode, engaging reverse, then adjusting the mirror to where I wanted it to be dipped to.  This needed to be done separately with each ignition key in the car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expatman said:

Not sure how old your Yeti's were but if they were in warranty then surely the dealer would have been responsible for getting the mirror to operate properly? 

2014 one, I complained to the dealer at the 18k service, nothing changed. Too much hassle to take the car back so as I rarely used the facility just lived with it when needed knowing about 50% of the time I would have to manually reset it afterwards.

2107 car usually works but has occasionally not come up again. However this one has a rear camera so hardly need it

1 hour ago, weasley said:

I found some issues with the dipping mirror on my SEAT, however I found that it had been set up strangely from new, so a couple of minutes spent setting it up properly solved this.  This meant putting the selector in the left mirror mode, engaging reverse, then adjusting the mirror to where I wanted it to be dipped to.  This needed to be done separately with each ignition key in the car.

Yes did all that. You could tell the mirror was faulty as it kept sticking and jerking as it moved. WAsn't worth the time to get it back to the garage, and was a company lease car anyway.

On 24/11/2017 at 14:27, Rustynuts said:
On 24/11/2017 at 11:14, WFM said:

Here's a thing..... If I start my Yeti then try to rev it hard before I have pulled away there is a rev limiter at 2500, even with foot to floor it won't go over 2500.

Turn the TCS off and it'll rev out.

Only if you're in gear and have the clutch depressed.  In neutral it still won't go above 2,500rpm even with TCS off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heated Front Windscreen operation.

Having just had the chance to test this properly -

Is it normal for there to be a gap in the heating down the centre (vertically) of a few centimetres ?

Edited by rarrar

1 hour ago, rarrar said:

Is it normal for there to be a gap in the heating down the centre (vertically) of a few centimetres ?

Not on either of my Heated Screen versions. Think there must be a partial element failure.

Bill :)

2 hours ago, rarrar said:

Nope, not on our heated screen.

Edited by TruckbusUK

Thanks guys, will raise the issue with my Skoda Dealer before the lease expires ; will get a photo as evidence.

Not too concerned as in practice it doesnt make much difference and the 90 miles round trip and a 1/2 day in Carlisle is a bit of a pain.

Think this is the first time since new its ever been needed.

18 hours ago, rarrar said:

There is a slight gap in the centre of mine but the gap is because of a gap in the elements, all elements work fine.

Slightly off topic but..

Is it much of a job/expense to retro fit a heated windscreen?  I see my windscreen has the heating elements but not the controls.

The heated screen was an optional extra and it seems weird that there is no switch fitted to use it.

17 minutes ago, dodger21 said:

Slightly off topic but..

Is it much of a job/expense to retro fit a heated windscreen?  I see my windscreen has the heating elements but not the controls.

Are you sure there is not a switch, strange to have a heated screen not wired up especially if it has been replaced.

On 05/02/2018 at 22:31, rarrar said:

Thanks guys, will raise the issue with my Skoda Dealer before the lease expires ; will get a photo as evidence.

Not too concerned as in practice it doesnt make much difference and the 90 miles round trip and a 1/2 day in Carlisle is a bit of a pain.

Think this is the first time since new its ever been needed.

Some elements are definitely not working !

heated windscreen2.JPG

heated windscreen3.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dodger21 said:

Slightly off topic but..

The heated screen was an optional extra and it seems weird that there is no switch fitted to use it.

I think this one is very easy to explain. Your car had had a windscreen replacement and someone ordered the wrong windscreen and decided to fit it regardless. The Yeti has many front windscreens - with no rain sensor, with sensor, with rain sensor and heating, etc.

You could probably wire it to a separate "secret switch" somewhere but I suspect without the associated VCDS changes the car won't know the windscreen is there to make it work.

• Like 1

I bet it is more difficult than that as there will be no wiring to the screen to connect to, no relay or switch fitted or associated wires in harness etc. And probably needs to be coded to car for switching off after a set time impact on charging and more.

Thanks for the responses, Hmm bit of a mystery then.  I bought it from a dealer at 6 months old, it was a demonstrator so they’ll know the history.
There is certainly no switch and I can’t see any terminals for cables (guess they’d be behind the pillars anyway) If it is feasable it sounds complicated and expensive.  

Just looked at rarrar’s photo and his elements are vertical and wavy, my elements are just visible if the screen is misty but run horizontally approx. 2” spacing.  Have I got it totally wrong and making a fool of myself?  

1 hour ago, EP90 said:

my elements are just visible if the screen is misty but run horizontally approx. 2” spacing.  Have I got it totally wrong and making a fool of myself?  

Are you talking about the rear screen, that describes it to a T?
If the front screen could you post a picture?

Edited by Urrell