Damo's Superb : Project Ginormica (aka Susan)

Damo

:D

Well, got car back after the seat repair on Friday.

As much as I liked the Yeti, it was nice to get back in mine, just feels so much more special to drive.

The Yeti could really do with better seats IMO, ones that you sit in, rather than perched on, but other than that it was a nice motor.

The seat cover seems fine, nice and tight and obviously is brand new. Colour match is fine, but does highlight a little that the Drivers cover isn't new. 

Hopefully the aerial they did is now sorted, and its the last time it needs to go in other than service work.

As compensation they put me £20 of diesel in, and waived the hire car fee... pretty poor compensation I feel, as I worked it out that Im about £150-160 out of pocket with the 5 trips back there, fuel costs in mine, fuel in the hire car and fee, clocking out of work and standing to the time off as well as cancelling things and the inconvenience :(

Wrote an email to the dealer principal (who conveniently wasn't there when I was in) saying how I feel, and also how disappointed I was with the salesman who sold me the car. At least twice he saw and recognised me but never spoke to me, instead hurried off elsewhere. A simple apology from him for all the hassle would have sufficed on his part in my eyes. When I was buying the car, he couldn't do enough for me, but different story once you've bought it as usual.

Anyway, got home and removed the winter steels and put my alloys back on. Just couldn't run them, as they made the car about 25mm lower, which was just enough to catch on speed bumps around my kids school. Thought the extra rubber would have compensated for the loss of 19's to 16's but not enough :(

So, Simbo (Simeon) Simeon has bought them, and I am meeting him later for some coding doing. Shame really, as it would have been the first time I would have had the luxury of running winters and saving my alloys from the harsh winter roads.

As for the coding, Hopefully enabling HHC and XDS, OZ big MPH and Cruise control reading on dash. All depends on ABS Pump model I have whether it will work on mine or not.

Does look a million times better with the Alloys back on, and hopefully the Carbon Ceramics Platinum wheel sealant will provide enough protection from the salt

Will report back later regarding the coding... fingers crossed I can have those options done

Cheers

Damo

• Like 2

Nice one Damo

I know what you mean about salesmen...All over you when buying..Then thats it

Call in for a wash on your way back from Simeons if you get the chance and I'll add some more winter protection on it too

Please dont forget my Charity month ;)

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I want to get back for the F1, so can't hang around. Plus Im meeting him at The Old Post Office not his gaff.

John, I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess at how much a decent winter tyre would be in 19" form :D

Glad you got every thing sorted out damo. Hopefully get to enjoy the car from now on. Reading bits of yours and wavey davey s build threads I think I need a few more vcds adaptations lol

Ha yes mate.

Big thanks to Simbo for activating Hill Hold and XDS for me, as well as big MPH readout and the easy entry/exit setting

About time Dave got a VCDS cable, as he'd be perfect with him being a techno geek!

• Like 3

Glad it all went to plan, Damo. Result! :thumbup:

I've got the winters on now & alloys on the wheel tree. Took over an hour... Uh! I'm knackered!!

I'll drop you a p m about some more changes to my superb like activating xds if fitted

You should have come & put them on for me... I could have sat on the stool & supervised! :D

Adam, if you mean me... I'm Simeon, not Simon. How long have we known each other? :P Gimme a yell, can meet up & have a tinker. :thumbup:

Lol its the blooming tablet like to assume what I'm going to say. I'll drop u a message and sort summat out cheers Simeon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a viewing a weekend again.

64 watchers on eBay at minute too.

Keep having thoughts about keeping it now tho lol

Without a doubt best car I've had

I'm viewing a car at the weekend too...so mine may be next to go...if I get a good price for it!!

• 3 weeks later...