Damo's Superb : Project Ginormica (aka Susan)

Damo

OMG... Thats uncanny!

Look like the same wheels too!

Ive only seen mine on one other car before as they are not the usual make people go for

At least I know what the chrome grille would look like black now (I still prefer the black/chrome personally) and glad I went for the Combi

Sorry twin door boys, I prefer the Superb in Combi form thats all...

We all like what we like, each to their own etc.

Jeez... dont be so touchy lol

• Like 3

Well, thanks to enabling the hidden menu (and my good mate WaveyDavey and his fountain of tech knowledge ;)) I found out that the Columbus in my car was previously used by Noah on his Ark (actually a 2008 model)

Wasn't too happy as you can imagine, having bought a 12 plate car and having a 2008 HU, with a 30 instead of 40GB HD, LCD instead of LED Screen etc

I couldn't install the latest maps and software, including POI and speed camera alerts

Can only guess it was stolen (but then it should have been replaced by a new unit surely?) or developed a fault prior to me buying it and they whipped one out of a car in stock?

Anyway, after contacting the dealer and complaining, they are going to fit me a new one :)

Make sure you check the new one too! :)

FOC mate

They know they shouldn't have sold me a car with a stereo from a 4 year older car.

Like Dave said, the HD has 4 years more wear, and they don't last forever

When I first phoned them, they told me to contact Skoda Customer Care, which I don't know why they said to do that, but I did.

SCC agreed yes, that shouldn't have happened and the dealership should sort it you. If they won't contact them again and they'll get involved.

Looks like I won't have to now (unless they put an 8 track in instead lol)

Well, thanks to enabling the hidden menu (and my good mate WaveyDavey and his fountain of tech knowledge ;)) I found out that the Columbus in my car was previously used by Noah on his Ark (actually a 2008 model)

Wasn't too happy as you can imagine, having bought a 12 plate car and having a 2008 HU, with a 30 instead of 40GB HD, LCD instead of LED Screen etc

I couldn't install the latest maps and software, including POI and speed camera alerts

Can only guess it was stolen (but then it should have been replaced by a new unit surely?) or developed a fault prior to me buying it and they whipped one out of a car in stock?

Anyway, after contacting the dealer and complaining, they are going to fit me a new one :)

Being a geek does have it's uses every so often. :)

Glad you got it sorted fella. Let me know when it's in so we can check if it needs the new maps etc....

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm going for the H&R's Too Damo, they gave very nice handling on the Fabia.

How noticeable are they over stock springs for comfort.

Would someone getting in your car from a stock Superb really notice much increased harshness?

Finally... Thanks to WaveyDavey I managed to copy the images of my car he took at the National meet onto SWMBO's phone and upload them to photobucket.

As promised a couple of pics

Cheers

image_zps3fca97ef.jpg

image_zpsf99996c4.jpg

Love it...!!!! looks great and very tidy..!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest mod for my Superb...

Custom kerb mark  :'(

20140913_141200_zps177f38bf.jpg

20140913_141152_zps06bfb2fa.jpg

Devastated doesn't even come close to how I felt

Anyway, I know a local guy who runs his own smart repair business, so gave him a call.

Sanded, filler applied, smoothed and primed

20140919_151136_zps2d440721.jpg

Sprayed

20140919_154630_zpsf4847efb.jpg

Clear coat applied

20140919_160951_zpse6d8f054.jpg

Its an excellent colour match, and you would never be able to spot it in the flesh

Very happy again :)

Just need to wait for it to dry, and reapply some more Carbon Ceramic Platinum Wheel sealant to the refurbed area.

By the way, the wheel sealant is absolutely amazing, and everyone who cares about their cars should have it on their alloys. It really does keep brake dust and tar off, can't praise it highly enough.

Next up is a brand new Columbus unit fitting, as the dealer has now phoned to say its in. Just got to arrange a time for fitting.

Cheers

Damo

• Like 4