2.0tsi vrs oil issue?

Had my vrs a few months now and after about the first month I got the check oil light to find nothing on the dipstick. I blames the dealer and topped up with 3L of oil. Then today the same thing happend oil light on and hardly any oil on the dipstick so topped up with just under 2l. No sign of a oil patch where I park the car or from looking at engine . Will get underneath it at the weekend to look further . Just wondering if this is a common problem? Had a civic type R years ago that was hellish on oil but that was because of vtec ?

Well known for oil usage, 1l per 1000km is the acceptable limit as far as VAG is concerned. Just a characteristic of the engine.

It's recommended to keep a 1l top-up bottle in the boot.

In AUS 500ml/1000km is the accepted max after the engine has done 5000km.  If you believe the oil consumption is >500ml/1000km & you;ve done >5000km then the dealer will carry out an oil consumption test & depending on the results either re-ring the engine or fit a short or long engine.

The OP hasn't actually said how many km he's doing between top-ups so it's hard to tell if there's a problem.

1L/1000km would drive me insane - that would be 24L/year in oil top-ups.  You wouldn't have to get any services done - just change the filter twice a year.

Tfsi engines are notoriously thirsty, some more than others. Yours sounds like it's close to being an Oiloholic ! My advise would be to get into the habit of checking your oil level every time you fill up with fuel. It takes 30 seconds to check. If you use as much oil as your saying and letting it run that low every time, then sorry but it will only be you to blame when your engine is seized or running like a bag of hammers due to neglect !

I've never had a car use oil like it ! Within the month l would likely have only done about 300 miles ? It's used a 5L drum of oil in a month or 2 can't be that thirsty . I've had a Sierra cosworth with an oil leak and it didn't even use that much oil . Had 2 mk1 vrs and they didn't use much oil nor did my focus ST ? Really can't be right that I need to top up oil every week ??

My car has done 30K miles now, got it at 10K - it's had 2 services and midway between them,I topped up with 1 litre of oil. Now have a 1 litre bottle (actually the originlal bottle but refilled from a 4 litre bottle for economy) in the boot ready to use if ever needed!

Mine seems to be quite frugal wth oil - which is nice!

If your looking to change the PCV you might be better off replacing it with a nice BSH PCV Delete Kit. This will never go faulty unlike a new standard PCV unit can. It's an upgrades part, put it in and forget about it ! Look in the for sale section !

I bought mine at the end of January (60 plate DSG) with 36,700 miles on the clock.  It has now just topped 40K and needed less that 0.5l. My daily commute is a 60 mile round trip, mostly dual carriageway with weekend 'enthusiastic' use. 

It uses less that my previous Golf GT :smirk:

The car overnights in a centrally-heated garage - maybe this is reducing oil usage due to fewer 'cold' starts.  Perhaps I'm spoiling it!