vRS TDI fuel range

Hi

As I awaiting for my delivery (next month) of my vRS TDI DSG estate. Can any one give me an idea of the touring range I can expect??

Many thanks

Steve

I got about 450 on a trip from Plymouth to Germany, I have the hatchback VRS DSG, but I did get stuck in traffic for about an hour, do I would guess between 450 and 500 on a full tank

• Like 1

Only done 2000 kms so far in the 2 weeks I've had it and is getting 49 MPG, so with 50L that's 500+ miles easy. The fuel light comes on at around 450.

Manual and only using normal mode as don't like the noise/steering weight in sport mode. Don't use auto stop either, PIA.

Summer here though so whether that makes a difference as seems better than most? 

Bit of trivia for Skodaphiles, did 450kms (280miles) yesterday relatively quickly (5 hours) mostly on non motorway roads to go mountain biking. My mates Fabia VRS just about used a whole tank, 2 up and bikes on roof, me following him only used half a tank so.......

Edited by snala

50 liter tank on the Vrs, I can get almost 380 out of my tsi. Thought the diesels would have been closer to high 500

Agree with you ,my TSI consistently returning 390 ish best was 415 and I would have expected the TDI to be up at the top end of 400 into 520 ish.

Dont really know how much you actually get from the tank,but now iv done 1500 miles with my tdi vrs,and not really driven it gently from new, I get a steady average of 54-58 mpg on a mixed/mway run,i fill the tank after about 100 miles,use the same pump if I can,iv experienced the same filling issues that the doctor has,i let it click wait about ten secs then put a bit more in till it clicks again,use that as my datum,not an exact science,i call 4.7 litres a gallon, in the end its about 8 mpg more economical than my mk2vrs tdi

Dont really know how much you actually get from the tank,but now iv done 1500 miles with my tdi vrs,and not really driven it gently from new, I get a steady average of 54-58 mpg on a mixed/mway run,i fill the tank after about 100 miles,use the same pump if I can,iv experienced the same filling issues that the doctor has,i let it click wait about ten secs then put a bit more in till it clicks again,use that as my datum,not an exact science,i call 4.7 litres a gallon, in the end its about 8 mpg more economical than my mk2vrs tdi

think 4.7 is not correct .think it'smore like 4.53

Since refuel.....

I could easily get that with a steady speed drive on a reasonably flat road. 65mpg on the A19 south of York, on a 20 mile trip, but north of York, A64 is low 50s, presently 47.9 long term

Edited by fireftrm

They get alot better with miles.

I remember my mk6 Golf 2.0 TDi 140 being v disappointing when new, early 40's was good going.

Towards the end it'd get late 50's no matter how driven; early 60's if driven v sensibly.... wife once managed 72.1mpg out of it on a gentle motorway run, something I never managed!

That picture was taken on Friday after a week worth of commuting from Ystrad Mynach in the valleys to the Portbury dock in Bristol, about 45 miles each way. The warmer temps have helped as has the fact the car's done just over 13k miles.

My last car was a FL Octy Greenline so I used to hypermile that everywhere, not so much the VRS, it gets driven as it should the majority of the time.

I've driven the VRS elsewhere and have arrived at the conclusion that my commute is very sympathetic to the mileage.

• Like 1

I'm averaging 40-42mpg per tank full

All depends how I drive, best so far I got was 53mpg on a 30 mile ride..

If I drive like old person.. I might get a better mpg.... :giggle:  

• Like 1

Many thanks for your info.

The reason I ask you like minded vRS owners is, my new vRS is to replace my old Alhambra, which was used as will be the vRS on regular trips to France, 90% is motorway. We own a barn in France, which is 400 miles door to door. My old Alhambra (140 TDI) had a fuel range of over 600 miles. My wifes 1.4TDI roomster has done a lot better than the Scenic which replaced it - around 500 miles. I have also taken my new Monte to France last week, and I had to refuel on the way down (but it was well loaded!!). On the way back it managed it, about 450 miles to the tank .

FYI best mpg for our trips to France:-

Roomster - 61mpg (diesel)

Monte - 55 mpg (petrol)

Alhambra - 45mpg (diesel)

Again many thanks for your help, I will report back, once I have taken delivery and taken it on its maden trip to France - which should be mid May.

Again many thanks for you updates, and keep them coming please

Steve

Did a 250km round trip last week and filled the tank again afterwards and it averaged just shy of 59mpg. It's a Leon FR 184 so a smidgen lighter but that wasn't really trying hard and the octavia shouldn't be far off it.

What I have noticed is the tank says there's a lot less left than there is in reality. I have cracked 800km/500 miles a few times and by the amount the tanks taken 600 miles is possible driven carefully on a long run.

The smaller tank though on the newer MQB cars does mean filling up more often though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by EoinM