My new Citigo. Wow!

scgf

I took delivery of my new Citigo Elegance 60ps 5dr Greentech on Monday. You can't beat the experience of picking up a brand new car.

Drove home - a journey of around 30 miles. Took it steady, around 60mph and kept the revs low. Will do that for a few hundred miles.

My experience? Wow!  I previously had a 2012 Toyota Aygo. The Citigo feels bigger, it pulls better - even though it has the same size engine - it's more controlled, the steering is very nice and it hugs the road round bends better. On the motorway it is completely at ease. There's a couple of long inclines on the M6 and I didn't find myself slowing down like in the Aygo. The Citigo maintained its speed without me having to change down to 4th gear. I don't understand the way reviewers slag off small engined cars for any driving outside the city.

I've ordered the variable boot floor from my local VW dealer and have purchased a generic waterproof, padded boot liner for carrying my bike. It fits in with both wheels off. In fact I tried that out last night when I had to pick up my road bike from Decathlon Coventry where it had been having a warranty repair done. No problems, except for me cursing while trying to get the rear whee back on again, lol!

post-111988-0-28819800-1397634816_thumb.jpg

post-111988-0-01338600-1397634817_thumb.jpg

Nice car and sounds like you are really enjoying it

I've had mine six months just over 6000 miles and still brilliant fun to drive.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbup: :clap:

Ahh that new car smell.... keep the bike out of it until it fades :D

they are great cars, i have to be honest, i love driving the wifes one around town,

and the couple of spins we've taken it for out of town are pleasure too.

Small engine cars are always great fun to drive though,

my first car was a 1.1l Getz, when they came out first in 03 -  twas my mothers, i just drove it everywhere,

and it was great fun too :)

Cool. Thanks.

One thing I forgot to mention - the stop/start feature is excellent. I've read a few comments from people saying that the restart is a bit crude on the up!/Citigo/Mii, noisy etc.. Nothing of the kind.

I think some people see 'city car' and 'small engine' and come out with strange pre-conceived notions about a whole range of things.

• Like 1