help with buying battery

if your car didn't have an AGM battery as standard, don't fit one .

Would there be a problem with the different type of battery?

I got a Bosch S5 096 battery for my 2010 VRS CR. Its been great.

Here you go this is what you want, both Bosch and Varta are made in the same factory:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-77AH-096-Varta-Silver-E44-Heavy-Duty-Car-Battery-5-Years-Warranty-Audi-BMW-/190629403586

My Octavia and wifes Seat Altea XL have them and there have been no issues since, a bargain at £70!

Edited by billywhiz040480
  • Like 1

Would there be a problem with the different type of battery?

I got a Bosch S5 096 battery for my 2010 VRS CR. Its been great.

I was referring to the type of battery not the make, nothing wrong with a Bosh.

Skoda tend to be a bit tight when fitting batteries to their cars-they use lower capacity ones than Seat. SWMBO's 1.9pd Altea has a 72ah battery in it which is still going strong after 7 years so as long as its the correct type and will physically fit there's no problem fitting a higher capcity battery when the OE one dies.

if your car didn't have an AGM battery as standard, don't fit one .

There is nothing wrong with fitting an agm or gel battery if your car has a lead acid one as standard.

I didnt have an agm battery but now im running 2 xs power agm batteries without a single issue

• Like 1

...There is nothing wrong with fitting an agm or gel battery if your car has a lead acid one as standard...

+1 with one priviso. If the battery is DEEP discharged, you will shorten it's life if you don't charge it with a smart battery charger before using it again.

Donnt get me wrong but Bosh is not on that good reputation like few years ago...

I changed on my VRS last year stock battery with Excide Premium (think it is 74 Ah). Fitted perfectly and runs like a gun ;)