tweenster's S2000

tweenster

Why don't you stick a black/white line around the car? The front sticker looks... alone.

It's a bit Marmite I know but Mrs T likes it as it is so that is fine by me. Personally I'm not a big fan of stripes; shouts 'Boy Racer' to me, which I am certainly way too old for!

• Like 1

Another 280 miles put on the car today, most of which was on the A1 and in some seriously horrendous weather. The car performed brilliantly but I was particularly impressed with the Avon ZZ5 tyres; they coped with everything without a slip or a squirm and inspired confidence even when hitting standing water. Yes, they are almost new so have the full tread depth available but they cleared the water instantly ensuring the car never lost contact with the road. Very happy with my choice of tyre, and reasonably priced as well.

I have at last got round to dipping a finger in the exhaust and it is black but not oily. Is this a good sign?

And just to add to the confusion, after putting in a litre of oil over just 200 miles that led to my statement that it had started become an oil user, it has now not used any in over 700 miles! Got to love these engines!

I've used the same can of oil for almost the whole year (Mobil 1). It's gone through 5.3 litres in 8646 miles but a whole litre of that was in just 200 miles, so not consistent at all.

Another update. Car was serviced this morning and it seems there is evidence of an oil leak. Needs to go back in for further investigation so may not be an oil burner after all!

• 2 weeks later...

Another bad news day.

Large crack in windscreen appeared today. Mrs T has no idea how it happened!

I guess that will be an insurance phone call tomorrow.

Were you a fast Ford fan previously?

Just curious as you have matching ST and RS plates.

Yes, I have come from Fords to Skoda. The RS plate though was bought specifically for the Fabia. My lad has my wife's old car that is KA07 MAP - can you guess what car he drives?

Yes, I have come from Fords to Skoda. The RS plate though was bought specifically for the Fabia. My lad has my wife's old car that is KA07 MAP - can you guess what car he drives?

Something not very good?

• Like 1

Anyway, back on topic ...

The Fabia developed a crack in the windscreen last week. Mrs T doesn't recall a stone hitting the screen or anything like that but noticed the crack (about 12 inches long) when she got in the car to go to work one day. Autoglass came out on Friday but the replacement screen appeared to have a fault (a white blemish about an inch in diameter on the lower black portion of the screen) so I rejected it. They came out again yesterday to fit the new screen and all was well until the fitter noticed that the bulb warning light was on. After checking the lights we confirmed that the interior light and rear lights were out and narrowed it down to a blown fuse (number 20 from memory but don't quote me). The Autoglass guy was great; phoned his boss and arranged to go to my wife's work today with a replacement fuse, which they did. They replaced the fuse and checked all the lights were working (they were) but the fault light stayed on. However, by the time Mrs T got home this evening the light had gone off. 

So, a bit of a drama but all sorted now.

Has anyone else experienced fuses blowing whilst having a screen changed? I suspect he shorted something out whilst re-fitting the aerial that is in the front screen into the fitting behind the interior light.

re post #110

Mention of maybe a possible Oil leak.

Any update on that, was there an oil leak, and from where, and what have they done about it?

Any leak is usually from a Service & there not being a New Sump Plug or Crush Washer Fitted,

or a Oil Filter not on correctly.

Edited by goneoffSKi

re post #110

Mention of maybe a possible Oil leak.

Any update on that, was there an oil leak, and from where, and what have they done about it?

Any leak is usually from a Service & there not being a New Sump Plug or Crush Washer Fitted,

or a Oil Filter not on correctly.

Car was in the garage today to investigate the oil leak. Seems that oil is leaking from the crankshaft oil seal so the car is being kept in for some TLC; we have been warned that it will probably be Wednesday before we see it again. I believe this is quite a large job??? If so, thank goodness for the extended warranty!

The dealer will also be contacting Skoda and recommending that they do the oil pipe breather mod whilst they have it.

No mention of it; we shall see what Skoda have to say after the garage have spoken to them. 

Edit: He simply mentioned breather pipe mod, but didn't specify whether it was the old or new one.