My brother is a idiot PT 2

XLBaconDoubleCheese

Well, indicators andn mirros are for pussies anyway. Real men dont need stuff like that. Only weaklings.

Yes, save them for your wheelchair

I know this suggestion will probably go flying over his head due to its subtlety -

- See if you can get hold of an Organ donor card , fill it in with all his details & put it in a very cheap condolences card & present to him.

Keep us updates as this would make a good script for a film  :) 

Actually :bandit:

I hardly used the mirrors on my bike, they were tiny and you could see feck all in them.

However taking into account the disparaging comments you've made about your brother I doubt he's doing his life-savers either.

I still do them in the car 10yr later.

• Like 2

you should make a list of the suggestions here and make a point of using a new one every time you see him.

"Tulips or roses?" - "HUH?" ... "For your funeral, do you prefer tulips or roses on your coffin?"

"Did you fill out that organ donor card I gave you yet?"

"You know there is a serious lack of organ donors, right? I'm really impressed you're doing something about it."

"Have you thought about depositing in a sperm bank?" - "HUH?" ... "If you die without reproducing, the Darwin awards may run out of material in the future ..."

"Good news: I wont bother you about those wing mirrors any more, I now have a black suit ready"

• Like 1

I just hope PT3 isn't you scraping him off some tarmac after a car failed to see any sign of direction intention. :(

Unfortunately, I think this is highly likely to be the direct result. I just pity the other driver involved in the eventual accidentwho, through no fault of their own, has to live with the consequences of your brothers stupidity. :wall:

you should make a list of the suggestions here and make a point of using a new one every time you see him.

"Tulips or roses?" - "HUH?" ... "For your funeral, do you prefer tulips or roses on your coffin?"

"Did you fill out that organ donor card I gave you yet?"

"You know there is a serious lack of organ donors, right? I'm really impressed you're doing something about it."

"Have you thought about depositing in a sperm bank?" - "HUH?" ... "If you die without reproducing, the Darwin awards may run out of material in the future ..."

"Good news: I wont bother you about those wing mirrors any more, I now have a black suit ready"

:rofl: :rofl:

Agree with all of you

I have no mirrors or indicators or rear subframe or passenger pegs on mine - its how they came from factory!

I don't mind the indicators that much but I will be installing at least one mirror. Might stop my head twisting like an owl when I'm out and about.

*I should mention mine is a dirtbike and spends most of the time off roading, where these novelties aren't necessary. 

I know a lot of bikes designed to be used off road are not fitted with mirrors and indicators. You are clearly a sensible rider who knows they could do with seeing behind them every now and then and spend the majority of your time off road on that bike. My brother however spends 75% of his time going between here and the Ace Cafe and the other 25% doing wheelies down there. 

At a wild guess, both indicators now run at double speed give or take?

Yup!

I know this suggestion will probably go flying over his head due to its subtlety -

- See if you can get hold of an Organ donor card , fill it in with all his details & put it in a very cheap condolences card & present to him.

Keep us updates as this would make a good script for a film   :)

Good idea! Might give it a go see if it makes him think a little. 

Actually :bandit:

I hardly used the mirrors on my bike, they were tiny and you could see feck all in them.

However taking into account the disparaging comments you've made about your brother I doubt he's doing his life-savers either.

I still do them in the car 10yr later.

Yeah, in fairness the mirrors he had were perfect, you could see quite well with them. He thinks he is invincible though I think. 

I forgot to add earlier, he has put tinting film over his rear light but it's so dark you cant see it during the day. I also spoke to him on sunday, the magneto (think it's like an (< did I get it right clunkclick?) alternator for a bike) is broken. This means it doesnt charge the battery so he take it off and charges it himself at the moment, in the mean time to give him longer before killing it he has pulled the fuse for the headlights when he rides in the day. :D Idiot. 

Get him to type 'motorcycle abrasion injury' into

google images (or you could do it for him as he's clearly a fkwit)

If that doesn't put him off his one way trip to an early death then 

nothing will. 

Get him to type 'motorcycle abrasion injury' into

google images (or you could do it for him as he's clearly a fkwit)

If that doesn't put him off his one way trip to an early death then 

nothing will. 

Wont work :( He came off at very low speed a few months back. Wasnt doing anything stupid surprisingly, some diesel or oil dropped on the road exiting his mates house. Dropped the bike at low speed but due to no gear scuffed and removed the skin from his arm & hand. No sense no feeling, went out a bought some gloves, fabric ones?! Like winter gloves but they are a cool make so all good, that'll help when he is sliding down the road on his palms at 80mph

Edited by matt1chelski

Wont work :( He came off at very low speed a few months back. Wasnt doing anything stupid surprisingly, some diesel or oil dropped on the road exiting his mates house. Dropped the bike at low speed but due to no gear scuffed and removed the skin from his arm & hand. No sense no feeling, went out a bought some gloves, fabric ones?! Like winter gloves but they are a cool make so all good, that'll help when he is sliding down the road on his palms at 80mph

Doubt he'll slide on his palms, it's more common for the palms to stick to

the road (think spider man) and cause a tumble which will start with broken wrists.

ultra-lookwell-sps-system-knox.jpg

Not many gloves come with certified palm sliders (mine do, scaphoid protection ftw)

and even fewer short cuff summer gloves do.

I bought a pair of Weise Daytona gloves for summer, not cheap at £70 but I make my

living with my hands and am a keen guitarist and drummer. My hands are worth that.  

• Like 1

I am taking it that when they gave out brains, he let you into the line a second time for his portion?

The more you type about him, the more I think that his single solitary brain cell is lonely and has decided to try to end it quickly.

This is a topic close to my heart. My best friend was killed on a bike when he banked around a corner without doing his lifesaver. He had no mirrors. Another bike came on the inside and wiped him out. He was wearing full protection but all that did was keep everything together unfortunately.

I have stopped a few people on bikes to tell them how they should be dressed, or how dangerous a rider they are. Our local ambulance and fire service do a display every valentines day involving twisting a car and a bike into each other, usually with a message along the lines of ' make sure you get home to your valentine tonight. '

I go by the motto. "You can be the best driver/rider in the world...its the other c**ks on the road you need to worry about." Although that could be changed to "its people like your brother everyone needs to worry about"

Agree with all of you

I know a lot of bikes designed to be used off road are not fitted with mirrors and indicators. You are clearly a sensible rider who knows they could do with seeing behind them every now and then and spend the majority of your time off road on that bike. My brother however spends 75% of his time going between here and the Ace Cafe and the other 25% doing wheelies down there. 

Yup!

Good idea! Might give it a go see if it makes him think a little. 

Yeah, in fairness the mirrors he had were perfect, you could see quite well with them. He thinks he is invincible though I think. 

I forgot to add earlier, he has put tinting film over his rear light but it's so dark you cant see it during the day. I also spoke to him on sunday, the magneto (think it's like an (< did I get it right clunkclick?) alternator for a bike) is broken. This means it doesnt charge the battery so he take it off and charges it himself at the moment, in the mean time to give him longer before killing it he has pulled the fuse for the headlights when he rides in the day. :D Idiot. 

So basically his bike is totally unroadworthy.

That's a big old fine if one the road, possibly a without insurance if the copper wanted to be nasty.

Just saying, like. (But better than dead)

So basically his bike is totally unroadworthy.

That's a big old fine if one the road, possibly a without insurance if the copper wanted to be nasty.

Just saying, like. (But better than dead)

The temptation is there to make a confidential call to the local constabulary to report the bike as being in a dangerous state and not roadworthy.

Would imagine a stop from them with a look at the condition of the bike would result in at least a fine.

As you allude to, I would also be surprised if the bike is actually covered by the insurers as it is normally a condition of insurance that the vehicle is kept in good working order and roadworthy or words to that effect. If he hasn't notified them of the various alterations, then he is basically riding without insurance.

Doubt he'll slide on his palms, it's more common for the palms to stick to

the road (think spider man) and cause a tumble which will start with broken wrists.

ultra-lookwell-sps-system-knox.jpg

Not many gloves come with certified palm sliders (mine do, scaphoid protection ftw)

and even fewer short cuff summer gloves do.

I bought a pair of Weise Daytona gloves for summer, not cheap at £70 but I make my

living with my hands and am a keen guitarist and drummer. My hands are worth that.  

I hit a large pothole on an mountain bike and landed like the lower image. Knackered shoulder = bone graft and screws. That was at about 15mph.

I hit a large pothole on an mountain bike and landed like the lower image. Knackered shoulder = bone graft and screws. That was at about 15mph.

Owch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is another somewhat annoying factor. He keeps getting pulled! He was pulled shortly after he came off and had broken clutch leaver, the copper looked his bike over, gave him a tell off about his lack of safety equipment, and sent him on his way. He was then pulled again a few weeks back for the black and white plate, they looked the bike over, no comment on the lack of mirrors or indicators or anything else. Baited him about his chicken strips on his tyres (more on that later!) to get him all riled up and arsey with them. They argued for a bit then he went on his way (plate less). Now why did they not get at him about the stuff missing rather than try taking the **** about his tyres (that were legal at the time).

He is running the bike on a shoestring budget. He buys part worn tyres then runs them until they are bald. I think the best thing for him to do is get pulled over by a copper that knows his ****, book him for the lot and make him retest. Might get him thinking about his actions a bit more. 

• Like 1