VCDS coding for rear plate led

I've recently replaced my rear plate bulbs with LEDs and have coded them correctly.

I wanted to dim them slightly as they look too bright. Am I correct in thinking that I would just need to change the value in channel 6 ((6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 - Dimmwert AB 25) to something like 80 (I've currently got it at 127), or is there another way to change the brightness of the LEDs for the rear plate?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Stroeng5

• 2 months later...

I doubt that, it's more likely the error free bulbs tried weren't right.

These ones - http://www.ledperf.co.uk/leds-pack-white-6000k-license-plate-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4949.html

Got those but unfortunately they don't work on my 2016 vRS even after trying all the coding variations mentioned in the thread. 

Rob

Rob - did you do a soft reset on the controller?

Also make sure your lights are turned to off and clear the error codes from 09 from within the controller using VCDS

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. How do you do a soft reset? I have cleared the error codes.

Rob

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness? Would really like to tone down mine just a bit:

IMG_0149%20nr2.jpg

Is this the correct way?

I wanted to dim them slightly as they look too bright. Am I correct in thinking that I would just need to change the value in channel 6 ((6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 - Dimmwert AB 25) to something like 80 (I've currently got it at 127), or is there another way to change the brightness of the LEDs for the rear plate?
Edited by BGB

• 6 months later...

Just went for it today on my 2013-Octavia-Combi-Elegance with my eBay 12.12.0 vcds cable + sw
but no such options under adaptations " (1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25 " or " (6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 - Dimmwert " on channels selection drop-down list :speechless: :wondering:

• 6 months later...
On 7.4.2016 at 21:56, andyvee said:

Rob - did you do a soft reset on the controller?

Also make sure your lights are turned to off and clear the error codes from 09 from within the controller using VCDS

I did this today on my octavia III combi Vrs (my14), did it exactly like It says In the vcds index but we got the broken bulb fault everytime. Tried changing the "Lasttyp 25" to "41" and other options but didn't do the trick.

ONLY after trying the soft reset and clearing the error codes did it work.

Andyvee, you could update the sticky thread, with info of the soft reset etc.

Btw I used:

skoda rapid OEM led-light modules 

Part: 000052110

9.90€/ for 1 at your skoda - stealership.

IMG_7242.thumb.JPG.4acbcc11d8384d4cff265cea5f822a10.JPG

just cut these plastic "wings" and they will fit the right way.

16 minutes ago, maxxxi said:

I did this today on my octavia III combi Vrs (my14), did it exactly like It says In the vcds index but we got the broken bulb fault everytime. Tried changing the "Lasttyp 25" to "41" and other options but didn't do the trick.

Btw I used:

skoda rapid OEM led-light modules 

Part: 000052110

9.90€/ for 1 at your skoda - stealership.

IMG_7242.thumb.JPG.4acbcc11d8384d4cff265cea5f822a10.JPG

just cut these plastic "wings" and they will fit the right way.

Without wanting to re-ignite the great "which way around" debate for these, the correct way seems to be the way without the wings being cut.

The light is more than sufficient and this orientation seems to be the same as used by VW group cars with the LEDs from factory.

See the posts in this thread, page 2:

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Without wanting to re-ignite the great "which way around" debate for these, the correct way seems to be the way without the wings being cut.

The light is more than sufficient and this orientation seems to be the same as used by VW group cars with the LEDs from factory.

See the posts in this thread, page 2:

So which way is the "right" way? I just followed the  instructions here from the threads and cut the damn "wings" off.

I fitted them with the black "lip" facing inwards and the lights facing outwards. That's how I've seen them on most pictures.

1 hour ago, maxxxi said:

So which way is the "right" way? I just followed the  instructions here from the threads and cut the damn "wings" off.

I fitted them with the black "lip" facing inwards and the lights facing outwards. That's how I've seen them on most pictures.

The black strip on the light should face inwards - so sounds like you have it the correct way, but you likely didn't need to cut the wings for it to fit this way. People cut the wings because they thought the opposite way around was the correct/better way, but it would only fit this way by making the modification.

FLNPLED.PNG

FLNPLED2.PNG

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, maxxxi said:

Err, no.

If you can explain to me why you would expect a light to work when you have fault codes logged against it I'm all ears.

It goes without saying that fault codes need to be cleared.

6 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Err, no.

If you can explain to me why you would expect a light to work when you have fault codes logged against it I'm all ears.

It goes without saying that fault codes need to be cleared.

Umm,

because It did not work until we did tick the soft reset box.

I understand you must first clear the fault codes, and this we did, but It kept logging fault codes despite clearing all codes -> then coding -> then turn off ignition.

Maybe everything about coding with the vcds goes without saying to YOU, but what about everyone reading the sticky and coding for first time? 

Read In the threads of many who did not succeed coding and then resolved to crappy resistors or canbus error free leds instead of OEM. 

Maybe they just needed to clear the fault codes and do a soft reset. 

... and maybe you need to realise you are following instructions from a 5 year old thread, when that thread was compiled VCDS didn't even have the option to perform a controller reset :)

The sticky refers to the original threads (if there was one), and any updates, comments, changes can be quite happily documented by the community in those threads. I haven't maintained the O3 VCDS thread for almost 2 years, and don't intend to either - at the time it was compiled it was correct, and the majority of it was compiled over 4 years ago.

As stated in the sticky - VCDS is entirely at your own risk. It is common sense that fault codes have to be cleared.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...