Pet hates - Car related

People with no spacial awerness...for example when there is a car parked at the side of the road with a car comin towards you whoch has moved over so that there is plenty room too squeeze through but nooooo the car infront of you has to slam the brakes on suddenly because they think their daewoo shoe box cant fit through a gap big enough for a jumbo jet

• Like 2

As far as i am aware you have to give way to buses / let them out?

Thats what i do anyways. Dont know if its law or whatever. Just common courtesy really

But they don't always indicate...so how do you let them out? :blush:

Psychic powers? :wall:

• Like 1

I had such a row with the service manager at my work over the consistent wonky rear numberplates on the new cars - he actually called me a Pedant, that one morning I screwed a number plate to the middle of his desk.

They are all straight now funnily enough!

• Like 1

But they don't always indicate...so how do you let them out? :blush:

Psychic powers? :wall:

No one is saying you are expected to have psychic powers now are they? :D Obviously if they dont indicate and just pull out they are a prize ***** and will be sacked within a few months after numerous complaints and accidents. 

Edited by matt1chelski

Cars that park on/right next to junctions, it's illegal, it's dangerous and if it was my car I wouldn't want to put it in any more risk than necessary.

And people that double park so there's no room between them, especially when both sides of the road have driveways!

And people that don't indicate on roundabouts when there's cars that could use the information.

Or people that don't indicate until they're almost at the road junction, I mean I'm sat waiting to pull out, this car's coming along the road, there's another few cars behind him, if I knew he was pulling in then I would easily have time to pull out but as it is I can't pull out because he is too close, but no, he gets almost to the junction and indicates, then pulls in, then by that time the second car is almost at the junction and I can't pull out. To the people that do this, screw all of you.

• Like 2

Number plate issues:

5) Drivers who, for some unknown reason, think it looks cool to have a Black & White number plate on a post 1973 car (the law changed in 1973 to reflective plates).

Stupid question. Does that apply to bikes as well?

The numberplate in the window is because it is apparently 'cool' to have a smooth numberplateless front end.... Apparently

I don't know how bad it is in the UK. But over here you almost have to keep the plate in the window or some ****** will nick it. I've had my current car since early October and I'm on my fourth set of plates.

As for my pet hate. People who have adjusted their windows washers. Its fine if you're doing 60. But if you wash you windows at a red light, you'll wee wee on the car behind you. Every freaking time I just washed my car I meet one of these morons.

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 1

The people that pull out in front of you, then don't get up to speed, but just sit there doing 40 in a 60, when there's nothing behind you. Why?!

People that pull into the space I was leaving to the car in front on a 2/3 lane road, and then get cross when you don't immediately brake so you're not in their boot. They take all of your space/safety zone, and then expect you to slam the brakes on so you're not right behind them... 

People that have to overtake you, only to go no faster than you were (seems to be 1series and Golfs mostly)

All seem to happen a lot more in the 330d than any other car I've owned too. :(

• Like 3

Guest BigJase88

Stupid question. Does that apply to bikes as well?

I don't know how bad it is in the UK. But over here you almost have to keep the plate in the window or some ****** will nick it. I've had my current car since early October and I'm on my fourth set of plates.

As for my pet hate. People who have adjusted their windows washers. Its fine if you're doing 60. But if you wash you windows at a red light, you'll wee wee on the car behind you. Every freaking time I just washed my car I meet one of these morons.

I do like one thats directed towards the pavement so you can soak passers by or people with roofs down in convertibles ;)

Tw*ts who park right up on the pavement so hardly any room for pedestrians to pass. Back in the day you would be nicked for this (causing an obstruction). It appears to be par for the course now though.

• Like 2

Tw*ts who park right up on the pavement so hardly any room for pedestrians to pass. Back in the day you would be nicked for this (causing an obstruction). It appears to be par for the course now though.

Or park on drop kerbs.

• Like 1

All the thoughtless, inconsiderate, selfish FOLKS who park on the opposite side of the road from my driveway.

It's only the narrowest bit of the street with no pavement on either side, yet they see the space and abandon their cars without regard and I'm left to go knocking on doors when I can't get out.

Yeah, see my car has secret VTOL capability, NOT!

I do like one thats directed towards the pavement so you can soak passers by or people with roofs down in convertibles ;)

Also works against cyclists that lean onto your car at red lights.

Middle lane hoggers!]

As you should be able to notice by now this motorway has 3 lanes it is certainly not a dual carriageway.

Just like Ludacris says - Move bi*ch get out the way.

God only knows what a bus driving biker would be like.

Awesome in my experience. ;)

Especially ones who also drive a white van AND an Audi. :finger:

• Like 2

Smokers who discard the remnants out of the window especially when on the move only for it to bounce on your car!

Forgetting your in an auto and banging head on windscreen as a reminder.

Certain group of folk who have insurance freephone number stickers plastered all over their bumpers who appear to make sudden braking maneuvers.

Heavy traffic when I'm dying for a pee.

• Like 1

All the thoughtless, inconsiderate, selfish FOLKS who park on the opposite side of the road from my driveway.

It's only the narrowest bit of the street with no pavement on either side, yet they see the space and abandon their cars without regard and I'm left to go knocking on doors when I can't get out.

Yeah, see my car has secret VTOL capability, NOT!

I'm with you on this one.  People park over our drive on a regular basis.  It's a dropped curb, has a single white line across it and normally has at least one car on the drive.  For some reason they think it's okay to pop off to the shops for a while and don't even consider that we may need to get out and about ourselves.  They also seem confused, surprised and sometimes upset when I go out and point out the error of their ways.  I've been late for work, appointments, collecting the children from places and all because these people don't have any consideration for anyone but themselves. 

:wall:

• Like 1

Middle lane hoggers!]

As you should be able to notice by now this motorway has 3 lanes it is certainly not a dual carriageway.

Just like Ludacris says - Move bi*ch get out the way.

SWMBO hates me for this but I'll often move from lane 1 to three, pass them then go back to lane 1. Surprising how many folk realise their error and go to lane 1 when I check the mirror :D

• Like 3