Dealer activated optional features

I will be taking delivery of my new Superb Elegance 1.8 dsg model later this month, and want to know what features can be activated by the dealer prior to taking delivery e.g audible lock/unlock etc. Alternatively what options can be activated by vcds.

Any suggestions would bebe appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

QuoteMultiQuoteEdit

A good dealer will sit you in the car and get you to deal with options in the Maxidot and satnav/radio/CD depending what you have so that you see how it works. One thing you might appreciate is to have the coming home lights changed so that the fog lights come on instead of the dipped beam. Personally, as I live in a well lit town, I have turned them off (which can be done from Maxidot)

• Like 1

I wouldn't want that option doing tbh

I love it when the xenons fire up in the dark, looks so classy

And before anyone starts saying about bulb life reducing, I have mine set to 30 secs which is long enough to fire the engine up and the lights stay on.

Likewise when Im parking up in the dark, I always open the door a tad, just before switching the engine off and the lights stay on for coming home feature too.

Way better than the fog light option IMO

• Like 2

As 100andthirty says any decent dealer should go through this prior to delivery and if they don't insist on it. A lot of options can be activated / deactivated in the MFD such as interior lighting/footwells, window and door closing.

Best if luck with the new car and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd recommend reading the manual, and afterwards try to find a Briskoda member with VCDS or Vagcom near to you.

Lots of options can be selected, some of them no dealer will touch. No harm can be done if used with care, and ask to have an autoscan done before and after the modifications, so you can always return the car to it's pre-modded state. I do it myself over here in Belgium, I charge 10€'s for my time. About 3-4 cars every week, and I have never had complaints so far :giggle:

List of possible vcds mods;

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-superb-3t.php

The most popular with me are;

Columbus hidden menu, map update (duh) and DVD-on-the-go.

Coming and Leaving Home using the fogs instead of the xenons (highly recommended)

Enable brake assist, XDS (if you have it)

Disable seatbelt warning bong (you can still have the red warning light if you want)

Close/open the electric boot from gearstick button, keyfob and softtouch button

Enable hill-hold (if you have it, even possible on a manual car!)

Change the "highway indicator" from 3 to anything between 1-5 (I have 5 myself)

Needle Sweep

Disable teardrop wipe

etc.

• Like 2

In the old days you could change the "speed threshold for DVD reader" from 4km/u to 255km/u with VCDS. Not so easy now...

You need to have the "secret menu" enabled on your Columbus (another VCDS-only trick), then "enable SW downgrade"

Then download THIS file by Berto89, burn it to a CD-R. Then open the car, but dont put the key in. Leave the car off, put the disc in, turn on the radio with the power button and reboot it with <> and the star/sun/moon/micro key (most right button on the top row) It will then overwrite the 4 value to 255, and you can watch a DVD all the way to 255!

I'm telling you, best find a local member with VCDS who can do the entire thing for you, including maybe the latest Columbus firmware update, latest map update (should be 8084), lots of little tweaks using VCDS, and the VIM (Video In Motion) thingie.

• Like 1

Just curious, how do u Vagcom the seat belt indicator to be on but remove the chime?

When I disable it via instrument, both indicator and chime are removed.

Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers

Change the country of the instrument cluster. It's either on ROW (Rest Of World) or UK. One of the other options has it, at least on some cars (depends on the instrument cluster version)

Tear drop wipe, When you wash the screen the wipers sweep 3 times ( I think ) then wait for about 10 seconds then does a single sweep to remove any water left/dribbled on the screen.

The rear wiper can be set up to do the same

Brake assist, that the wife shouting STOP

Tear drop wipe, When you wash the screen the wipers sweep 3 times ( I think ) then wait for about 10 seconds then does a single sweep to remove any water left/dribbled on the screen.

The rear wiper can be set up to do the same

Brake assist, that the wife shouting STOP

LOL

I like the sound of the Tear Drop wipe feature.

Edited by EyghonUK

Curious, what are brake assist and teardrop wipe?

Brake Assist: When drivers perform an emergency stop they often do not press hard enough on the brake pedal to reach maximum stopping potential (i.e. just on the border of activating anti-lock braking).  Other drivers will panic when the brake pedal starts to vibrate (when ABS activates) and then release brake pressure.  Brake assist detects an emergency braking situation (by things like how quickly/suddenly the brake pedal is pressed) and applies a full braking pressure even if the driver has not pressed hard enough to do this.  It deactivates if the driver releases most of the brake pedal pressure.

I played with it on a defensive driving course and it definitely activates.

In the old days you could change the "speed threshold for DVD reader" from 4km/u to 255km/u with VCDS. Not so easy now...

You need to have the "secret menu" enabled on your Columbus (another VCDS-only trick), then "enable SW downgrade"

Then download THIS file by Berto89, burn it to a CD-R. Then open the car, but dont put the key in. Leave the car off, put the disc in, turn on the radio with the power button and reboot it with and the star/sun/moon/micro key (most right button on the top row) It will then overwrite the 4 value to 255, and you can watch a DVD all the way to 255!

I'm telling you, best find a local member with VCDS who can do the entire thing for you, including maybe the latest Columbus firmware update, latest map update (should be 8084), lots of little tweaks using VCDS, and the VIM (Video In Motion) thingie.

Hi "Too Tall" you mention do not put key in ignition, how does this work with "Kessy"?

Ah, excellent question...............I have no idea, since I do not have Kessy :giggle:  in a car with a normal key you unlock it, open the door, and that's it. Don't turn on the ignition. Surely with Kessy you can do the same, no? Unlock it using the fob in your pocket and touching the indent on the doorhandle, open the door, and that's it.

How you you turn on the ignition without starting in a Kessy-equipped car? Touch the start button once? Then to start the car press deeper?

Brake Assist: When drivers perform an emergency stop they often do not press hard enough on the brake pedal to reach maximum stopping potential (i.e. just on the border of activating anti-lock braking). Other drivers will panic when the brake pedal starts to vibrate (when ABS activates) and then release brake pressure. Brake assist detects an emergency braking situation (by things like how quickly/suddenly the brake pedal is pressed) and applies a full braking pressure even if the driver has not pressed hard enough to do this. It deactivates if the driver releases most of the brake pedal pressure.

I played with it on a defensive driving course and it definitely activates.

Yeah I read that after I posted, I believe that is standard on my car anyway.

I'd recommend reading the manual, and afterwards try to find a Briskoda member with VCDS or Vagcom near to you.

Lots of options can be selected, some of them no dealer will touch. No harm can be done if used with care, and ask to have an autoscan done before and after the modifications, so you can always return the car to it's pre-modded state. I do it myself over here in Belgium, I charge 10€'s for my time. About 3-4 cars every week, and I have never had complaints so far :giggle:

List of possible vcds mods

Thanks!

Seems like I have some settings to configure. :-)

BTW: Is it possible to connect a backing camera to the colombus-screen?

BTW2: With kessy, you dont turn the engine on if you press the start button without a foot on the brake.