Written off.

Wanted it back to break tbh got a few decent bits on. Im in no doubt its saved me from a lot tbh! Very impressed with how its held up! Civic was close, not sure how close but he hit me very hard! But im alive and well! So i cannot complain! Cheers again fellas!

Must be civic drivers! Some guy up here stuffed his civic up the arse of my mates starion!luckily hes been able to repair the starion. After a search for a bumper.

Ouch...that car is not coming back from the Skoda grave...

Glad you are ok buddy . that's all that counts.

Agree with the point that micra drivers are idiots, Most I have seen are either young numpties or too old folks that both forget to indicate or check mirrors.

Someone in a micra just flew his door open as i was driving up to pass down my street and i nearly took his door off.

I won't share what i said ******* .

• Like 1

Well you are ok, that is the main thing.

Any thoughts about a camera, in the replacement, could save lots of hassle if ( when ) the micra driver contests their actions & ties up the insurance for months ( the video could also save the police some investigation time).

• Like 2

Well you are ok, that is the main thing.

Any thoughts about a camera, in the replacement, could save lots of hassle if ( when ) the micra driver contests their actions & ties up the insurance for months ( the video could also save the police some investigation time).

One of the main reasons I invested in a Road Hawk camera, too many people driving like silly b*****ers, cutting in /pulling out without warning etc.

Glad you all walked away fine.  That is the important thing.  I have a BlackVue 400HD just incase.  Caught a few sillies from other drivers on it.

Interesting kink on the nearside behind the rear door (2/3rds of the way up).

• Like 1

Again, thanks for all the replies guys! I really appreciate the well wishes! Im considering a camera in the next car i get. For things like this! Yeah theres quite a few kinks in the rear quarters. I Think maybe its because i was breaking so hard, and the car behind may have gone under me at a funny angle?! Im no expert so cannot say. Car goes away tomorrow for the assessors to tell me its a total loss. Fingers crossed that i get s chance to get it back. If not then its on a modified policy and they know what I've spent and what its worth etc.

Aw man hard luck bud! I'm lucky where i am from, no dual carriageways or motorways, but it's stall amazing how people can't use mirrors as they're there for a reason! Not just ornaments!

Should go the whole Russian way and make it a legal requirement to have an on board camera! Seen so many mad crashes on the tube just from them!

All that matters though is you're okay bud! :) you can replace a car but you can't replace your life! All the best! :)

• Like 1

Again, thanks for all the replies guys! I really appreciate the well wishes! Im considering a camera in the next car i get. For things like this! Yeah theres quite a few kinks in the rear quarters. I Think maybe its because i was breaking so hard, and the car behind may have gone under me at a funny angle?! Im no expert so cannot say. Car goes away tomorrow for the assessors to tell me its a total loss. Fingers crossed that i get s chance to get it back. If not then its on a modified policy and they know what I've spent and what its worth etc.

Sorry the car's messed up.

Good job the Octavia's built like a tank!

My Dad's just got himself a small camera unit.

It just sits on the dash like a TomTom.  He loves it.  Loves pointing at it when someone who's driving in the wrong is giving him "signals" at bad roundabouts etc.

Think I might get one too.  I don't like the sound of having to prove you're in the right because someone says they signaled when they didn't.

• Like 1

Same sentiments as everyone else, glad you walked away ok! Just be thankful of all cars you were in the Octy. Nice big safe car. Hope everything gets sorted sharpish!