Headlights

After bumping the car today I need to order new headlight, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hand on a set of Devil eyes that are legal in the uk

post-111225-0-64321900-1399485375_thumb.jpg

yes that's the same ones, but work out slightly cheaper off carparts comes in just under 200 delivered... so u think these fit ok?

Assuming you mean these http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/SALE/headlight-Daylight-Skoda-Octavia-Typ-1U-Yr-01-04-black.html?campaign=froogle/uk&nsctrid=v01MTMyMTExMjExMTExMTExMTAxNDI1NjAwMDAwMDAwMTM5OTQ5NjQ3MGNzZW1sdWsyMDE0MDUwNzIzMDEwOTEzMTg1MTg2NVgxMTI1NTdDMTA3MTEyMTExMFRTR180ODkyMTA3NzcxOQ&gclid=CPe0hs_amr4CFTHItAoddD4AKA I don't know to be honest as there is a lack of info in that respect on that website hopefully someone on here will have some and be able to advise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm too late :(

I ordered mine from FK (carparts) and they never arrived... so... I hope they turn up but don't hold you're breath. I ended up filing a PayPal dispute and then buying another set from German eBay.

Anyway, they will definitely be LHD and therefore illegal in the UK - I've tried to convert them but it's impossible. You will need some Eurolights to change the beam pattern and make them legal, but that's up to you ;)

The O/S lamp is a struggle to fit as the rear of the lamp pushes up against intercooler --> throttle body pipe. If you've got a standard pipe then it should be fine with a bit of a wiggle. If you've got a silicone pipe, then you might have a spot of bother.

:sweat: oh god the wife is gonna kill me lol £200 mistake don't think she be happy with me.. Do you still have these on your motor? and if so how do you get round the mot?

:sweat: oh god the wife is gonna kill me lol £200 mistake don't think she be happy with me.. Do you still have these on your motor? and if so how do you get round the mot?

You might get lucky. When I ordered them, they told me they were out of stock, even though the website said "high stock level" or something similar. If they don't arrive after 2 weeks, make sure you get a refund and don't take any crap from them.

I've still got mine on - I had my MOT in January and just put the OEM ones back on. You can get around it by sticking tape on them, but like hell was I going to do that on £200 headlights! It only takes 10 mins to swap them over, once a year, so it's not really a problem.

Where I'm only driving around town at the mo, I'm just sticking my fog lights on and leaving the dipped beams off (still lights up the road nicely). Once I can get round to it, I'll be aligning the dipped beams properly, then bending them with some Eurolites :p

You can see more details about my ones here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/284126-project-punisher-tacticals-octavia-mk1-vrs/page-9 (scroll down near the bottom)

All I can hope is they get lost in transit, as they already been sent out with tracking lol, I just moted the car so I got 11 months..

Thanks for the advice and if you ever manage to convert them let me know

• Like 1

fitted, and these comes with adjusters for using in the uk or abroad

Out of interest, where are the adjusters? Mine are exactly the same as yours (right down to the embossed stamps) so seems odd you have them and I don't :S

Looking good though ;)

yea I found that out, but I am a firm believer in google and been looking into how to change the kick up, gonna have a closer look tomorrow and will let you know lol

Yeah I've got those adjusters and have tried figuring out a way to convert to RHD. However, it looks as though the reflectors are responsible for light direction, so the only way to change them would be to open the headlights up and somehow fit custom ones to convert them.

I could be wrong though... but I got bored of trying in the end :P

ok so I had a good look today, pulled one out and discovered that in this one if you take the bulb out and look into it you can see the kicker plate, and there is pretty not much anything you can do to move it, and even when you get inside the kicker plate cant be turned round due to it having a curved shape..  so I no intention of just giving up lol, I going to get hold of a replacement headlight to replace the broken one and stick the old ones back in... I plan to retro fit these headlights and will take step by step pics when I do, 200 quid for lights that wont pass an mot! I think not llf :giggle:

• 4 weeks later...

changing them is not for the light hearted lol, I heated them up in the oven to soften the seal round the glass and pulled it apart, the projector that's in it can be removed and I bought a universal projector for low beam uk from ebay and after a bit of trimming to the mount in the lights, these dropped right in..

as for the dim function this came from my old daytime running lights and I just wired the controller in lol

post-111225-0-13296600-1402300655_thumb.png