poor dealers

Are there any good Skoda dealers out there. I have been looking for a car for some time and left my details with a few dealerships of which only two came back to me. I finally found a car I like and have paid a deposit but need to confirm when the car can be collected. I have phoned the dealers on 4 occasions and they have taken messages but not once has the call been returned. Thankfully this is not my local dealer but it does give me concerns if I have a problem with the car what type of service I can expect.

They have  not even taken all my money off me yet and the dealer wont return calls, god knows what they will be like once I have paid them!!!!

Hi Andy, I recently collected my Superb from Listers Coventry, absolutely excellent from the first day on ghe telephone through to collection. I dealt with a young sales guy ( Paul Kennedy ) who could not have been more accommodating.

RECOMMENDED.

• Like 1

Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield (Now the owners of Bickerton Skoda in Sheffield) are good.... Currently in the process of buying my second car from them so hopefully they'll keep up the good work done the previous time and then this second time around so far.

Cheers

Dave.

Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield (Now the owners of Bickerton Skoda in Sheffield) are good.... Currently in the process of buying my second car from them so hopefully they'll keep up the good work done the previous time and then this second time around so far.

Cheers

Dave.

when do you pick up your new motor dave

Are there any good Skoda dealers out there. I have been looking for a car for some time and left my details with a few dealerships of which only two came back to me. I finally found a car I like and have paid a deposit but need to confirm when the car can be collected. I have phoned the dealers on 4 occasions and they have taken messages but not once has the call been returned. Thankfully this is not my local dealer but it does give me concerns if I have a problem with the car what type of service I can expect.

They have  not even taken all my money off me yet and the dealer wont return calls, god knows what they will be like once I have paid them!!!!

I've had many Skoda models over the last few years (that doesn't sound quite right) and because I will always ring round to find the best deal I've had contact with many different dealers and found them all to be very good in terms of contact and service. 

I have, however, noticed that, with time, some dealers have taken their eye of the ball and become very slack, particularly my local dealer, DM Keith given the brand's increased popularity.  DM Keiths won't even entetain me now if I would like a test drive as oen salesman admitted to me that I take cars for test drives and never buy a car!

I test drive at my local dealers and ALWAYS give them first crack of the whip but they are NEVER competitive with their pricing, often by thousands, so it's a no-brainer for me to buy elsewhere - 9 cars that DM Keiths have missed out on!

My positive experiences are:-

Bickertons

Mitchells

Capitol

Hayseldens

Alex Lawrie

Progress

The one in Bristol, whose name escapes me!

D.M Keith in York, speak to Alan Sheriff... fantastic to deal with, did me a good deal on my new Superb which will be here soon :)

They look after my current Seat Exeo and my Ibiza, Steve in the service is also excellent to deal with for after sales

Stu

I had a few bad experiences with DM Keith in York so no longer use them.

Another vote here for Rainworth in Mansfield (where we bought our Octavia Scout) and yet another vote for Paul Kennedy at Listers in Coventry (where we bought our Superb).

Preston Motors in Forest Gate certainly renewed my faith in car dealers.  Don't put their distance from you put you off, they will arrange delivery to anywhere in the UK.  Very competitive and definitely the first place I'll be calling when it's time for a change. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I must have just got a poor dealer or salesman. I have been trying to buy the car from Johnsons in Birmingham. Will never use them again.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I must have just got a poor dealer or salesman. I have been trying to buy the car from Johnsons in Birmingham. Will never use them again.

Andy. Not too far from you.........Faintree Garage in Telford.

Family run business. A friend and I both bought from them in the last 12 months. Excellent, and up for a deal.

• Like 1

Thanks Kev. I phoned Johnsons for the 5th occasion this morning and I am still awaiting a response. Tomorrow I will directly phone the sales manager if I can get hold of him!!!! I would be tempted to cancel the deal altogether but just love the car I have seen and can't wait to pick it up.

• Like 1

I purchased from Colbournes back in 2010 when they were still in Woking & have used them until now. Just got price for variable service - told it only needs oil & filter change (I did fuel & air filter which was due at 60k miles) "that'll be £302.00 then". They must be having a laugh!!!!   Tried to justify the cost by saying the oil is very expensive & it takes a long to thoroughly check the vehicle.  Have just booked with Garland for a lot less £££s.  Think I'll be using them from now on.

I notice the OP is in Sandbach.  That makes Robert Eardley in Crewe his local dealer.  I've used Eardleys for about the last 15 years or so since I first got a Skoda.  They're a very good dealership and as a bonus the sales team are very laid back, you can safely enter the showroom without fear of thumb screws being forced on you to buy.

I find dealers to be a tale of two halves. They are great pre sale, they are poor after sale.

Yup.

My main dealer is adamant that the winking fog lights cannot be turned off....even though they apparently can according to one knowledgeable member in here.

On Saturday they said they'd ring Tech Service on Monday and get back to me.

Needless to say....................................  :notme:

Got your money, now sod off and stop bothering us  basically.

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 3

Yup.

My main dealer is adamant that the winking fog lights cannot be turned off....even though they apparently can according to one knowledgeable member in here.

On Saturday they said they'd ring Tech Service on Monday and get back to me.

Needless to say....................................  :notme:

Got your money, now sod off and stop bothering us  basically.

Have you not had the hammer at them at this stage :)  :)   Keep on to the dealer, it can be deactivated of course, its not the first time it has been done on lots of VAG cars.   Might even consider it myself although its not my biggest bugbear but I see where you're coming from!

• Like 1

Have you not had the hammer at them at this stage :)  :)   Keep on to the dealer, it can be deactivated of course, its not the first time it has been done on lots of VAG cars.   Might even consider it myself although its not my biggest bugbear but I see where you're coming from!

Well I've just got back from seeing my very own personal Skoda techie who's being doing some work on my Fabia, and he has also confirmed that it CAN be done.

It's just knowing the right codes or something.

He's kindly offered to do it for me anyway.  :kiss: