Is it an SE ?

Hello everyone, just bought a 9 month old "Roomy Skodsta" in metallic muscovado from a dealer in Colne, the car wasn't actually in stock at the time so kind of bought it blind. So far I like it a lot

It was sold as an SE 1.2 tsi 85, however, reading through the specs in the current brochure it says it should have a 3 spoke steering wheel but mine has the 4 spoke, not a major problem but it got me wondering if its a genuine SE, it has the tsi badge on the back but no other badge.

Apparently it was a demonstrator if that makes a difference.

What do you think ?

Yes its got the sun roof and parking sensors, they are a genuine Skode dealer so probably wouldn't try to pull the wool over my eyes but they are sales people so I naturally don't trust them lol.

Mine didn't have the curved storage thingy in the boot either and when I asked about it he said they are an optional extra, again, not that important but just another curious thing.

I have the curved boot thingy with mine, it was standard on the SE. I believe they call it "storage tray in boot" in the brochure.

Actually mine is flat because I haven't used it......

Enjoy your next conversation with your Salesman!!

Yes the storage tray curved thingy was standard on my Fabias so I see no reason why it isn't standard on the Roomster.  Someone seems to be telling porkies.

No reason why it shouldn't be an SE. With regards to the steering wheel it's a recent change from 4 spoke to 3 spoke as standard (assuming you're reading the May 2014 brochure?). I'm currently driving a 63 plate with 4 spoke wheel........ oh and boot 'thingy' 

Looks like the dealer will be ordering a curved storage tray, or 'borrowing' one from another car!

I bet that's how it went missing in the first place

What should there be in the tool/repair kit ? (Those brochures confuse me, especially if they don't cover the 2013 models)

Is the curved storage tray the bit that the Fabia also has so you can keep bottles upright when shopping?

In effect a flexible bit of perforated plastic than has little hooks on each end to make a half circle shape on the right side of the boot.

Feel better that its what its supposed to be, to be honest, I'm not that bothered about the 'boot thingy' probably more hassle than its worth. I just hope I can get my and my partners mountain bikes in there easily enough ( stood up without taking any wheels off ) anyone experience of bikes in the back?

Feel better that its what its supposed to be, to be honest, I'm not that bothered about the 'boot thingy' probably more hassle than its worth. I just hope I can get my and my partners mountain bikes in there easily enough ( stood up without taking any wheels off ) anyone experience of bikes in the back?

I would go ahead and get that boot thingy, if you don't think the dealer will supply one then the one linked above is pretty cheap. It's very useful when you've only got a bit of shopping, esp. with bottles or milk jugs, and you don't want them sliding all over the place. Just a very practical useful accessory, like the clip for holding the parking slips.

Maybe I'll pick one up but its not a priority, what I did get was a full size spare wheel, which it says are not standard in the brochure, were they standard on the 2013 models ?

Maybe I'll pick one up but its not a priority, what I did get was a full size spare wheel, which it says are not standard in the brochure, were they standard on the 2013 models ?

No.  Haven't been standard for 3 or 4 yrs.  Even my 2010 Octavia didn't have one.

That's good then. I find it strange that even space savers are an optional extra these days but then again it is 10 years since I bought a new car, just hope Roomy is as reliable as my Suzuki Ignis that it replaces

On the spare wheel thing...our new pre-reg Scout (16" wheels with 205/45R16 tyres) came with a spare and I was surprised to see it is a 15" steel wheel with a 195/55R15 tyre - i.e. a "full size" spare, not a pram wheel.

OK, so it's not the same size as the other four, but it is within <1% the same overall diameter and in fact would be the standard size for an SE.  Much better than I was expecting.

Nevertheless if has a "temporary use/max 50mph" yellow sticker on it. 

Have you hoiked yours out and looked at it?  I bet it's the same...must be what Skoda describes as " temporary spare steel wheel/"Space Saver" steel wheel ".

EDIT - all is explained here, and in an earlier thread linked from it...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/311512-07-roomster-full-size-spare-wheel-and-tyre-speed-restricted/

Edited by Manatee