Fabia mk1 1.8T RWD

benjen

Glad it's coming along well Ben, I so look forward to you starting this up for the first time and showing the finished product! Given your workmanship and the effort put in I'm sure it'll be first class!!

Cheers Steve it should start to come together a little quicker very soon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How many valves is this again? Regardless, that head is just carnography.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

How many valves is this again? Regardless, that head is just carnography.

1.8 20valve.

As the image above, the two silver at the bottom and the 3 black areas per cylinder, so 20 :)

1.8 20valve.

As the image above, the two silver at the bottom and the 3 black areas per cylinder, so 20 :)

My bad. Getting this mixed up with the other thread with the 16v diesel conversion. Too distracted by the shiny shiny [emoji14]

managed to make a start on modding the intercooler so i can 'V' mount it along with the rad. Been a while since i have welded ally.....

WP_20160607_14_08_19_Pro_zpswim1ydaw.jpgWP_20160607_14_51_00_Pro_zpsqf8nsuua.jpg

• Like 2

more progress.....WP_20160608_20_20_12_Pro_zpsvqynut7j.jpgWP_20160608_20_20_34_Pro_zpsxgoufvys.jpg

WP_20160608_20_20_44_Pro_zps3jbplqjm.jpg

Doing away with all the original slam panel and plastic rad pack/headlight bracket and going for a tubular frame front end allowing more cooling and ducting for mounting the cooler which will be mounted 60 degree from the rad in a 'V' formation   

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've seen this thread. You've really cracked in with this. Some serious engineering there! I'll make sure I'm at a track day when this is about.

• Like 1

its taking shape slowly, sold the TD05 16g turbo over the weekend, had a change of heart before i finish the manifold and going for something bigger to support 400+ bhp without running it upto its limit and something that boosts in the higher rev range which will be more sorted for track. Currently looking at some of Owen Developments turbos and go from there a GT3071r would do the job nicely or something similar 

Edited by benjen
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all, unfortunately this project is now drawing to an end and being divided up and sold off as parts. Life has simply taken over with being a full time single parent since December last year, which is a fantastic thing but means any spare time or energy for this project simply is not there anymore. The car was supposed to moving into a shared workshop earlier in the summer so i could press on and make good use of the little spare time i have, but as you can see that never materialised. Being out in the elements is making progress fairly none existent which is annoying so i believe this is the right move to make with the car. If anybody is interested in the shell which has a large amount of the fabrication work already completed then please contact me. Everything is now up for sale and will be listed shortly on here and else where.  

Shame mate but as said understandable, I've got mine up for sale too :(

just seen mate sure you will be back same as i will be when the time is right

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 22/08/2016 at 20:52, benjen said:

Indeed it will, just right now isn't the right time

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm sorry to hear that you stopped working on this project.
I just wanted to know what engine, transmission, and rear end was used?