air con help

looking for a bit of guidance during this spout of hot weather I decided to pop the aircon on but its not working atall no drop in revs when turned on. It has gas in as I checked with a aircon regass canister from a previous car, The next problem is that it says that its overfilled. I have heard that the system will not start if there is no gas but does it work the other way round overfilled???

christian

looking for a bit of guidance during this spout of hot weather I decided to pop the aircon on but its not working atall no drop in revs when turned on. It has gas in as I checked with a aircon regass canister from a previous car, The next problem is that it says that its overfilled. I have heard that the system will not start if there is no gas but does it work the other way round overfilled???

christian

Nope! Urmm evap sensor? Does the compressor thingy work? Might be worth a VCDS scan to see which faults are brought up!

Oh yes, if the pressure is too high it will not run.

Thing is, why has it become too high?  Had you tried dumping a can of gas in before this time? You should take it to an AIR CAN place, or get a local mobile guy to come to you.

thanks for the reply's no I have never done anything to the aircon on this car only had it about a year, the can of gas was for my dads old car that no gas in the system I only used the car for the gauge. Just plugged her in and theres no faults coming up which module does it come under just to make sure im going for the right thing  

Is the AC light illuminating on the dash when you press it? If not have you tried it on speed 4? The AC only works with the fan on so if the resistor doesn't work, it won't come on at lower speeds.

Failing that, check that the wiring to the compressor and (engine) fan controller are okay, though if it wasn't I'd imagine vagcom would throw an error. Note that you don't usually detect a drop in revs when engaging the aircon in the fabia

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yes the button illuminates, tried on different speeds no luck still. had a look at measuring blocks

the compressor load sits at around 82% when on and 0 when off

4.0 bar of Refrigerant

compressor shut off ??? is at 6.0 when off and goes to 0.0 when on

temperature (g263) evaporator stayed at 280 oc

but is says coolant fan stage 1 and 2 off ??????

hope this makes sense

christian

Stick your head out the window you should hear the compressor clutch click into action when you press the button . If not you might have some gas but not enough to charge . It will not run if too low pal

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Can't hear anything but another note to add is that the rad fans are not kicking in either I was told that one should run when the aircon is on all the fuses look ok too

Correct, it does run without the engine radiator fans working, I can confirm that. After you turn on the AC, you should notice the RPMs going up from the 800s to 1100s.

Edited by Alexandru

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, had the same problem with mine. I am ashamed to say that it too me a long time to sort! Finally got to the bottom of it, broken wire. There is a small black box just in front of the gearbox (best accessed from below the engine), this box has connections for the compressor and the rad fan. It is common for the rad fan connectors to break here but is not unheard of for the compressor power supply to be interrupted here too. Replaced the connector and short wire and its as good as new.

If it helps the fault code was 0382 and said 'Triggering of air cond. compressor open circuit/positive short.

Ideally get it hooked up to a diag machine which is good enough to read the codes as this code will otherwise be missed.

Hope that helps. 

My wife's monte carlo was similar. Hers has the climate control and it would come up ac on display but not nothing would happen. Got it down under warranty from the dealer as we only bought it a few months ago. Apparently they had to replace the condenser.

Stick your head out the window you should hear the compressor clutch click into action when you press the button . If not you might have some gas but not enough to charge . It will not run if too low pal

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It doesn't have a clutch.

As techie states the compressor doesn't have a clutch. The common fault with the compressor is that is ceases which then shears the plastic plate that situated on the side of the pulley wheel (safety feature). So if this plastic plate rotates freely and doesn't turn the pulley wheel on the side of your compressor then it's siezed and you need a new one.