Clean boost sensor

Clean K and N filter

New fuel filter

Italian tune up

Oh! and change an indicator bulb to. :)

And we will see...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mluton

It looks like your CO reading is 3 times greater than the limit.  I can't say as to why as I am not really that familiar with the ins & outs of petrol engines.  Good luck with getting it sorted though.

these are high values on the MOT file...even my car wich is euro2 rated passed the MOT with lower values.But  my car is 100% stock and the mot guy said it passed with great succes

I've done what I can, it's back on Wednesday so they can check the underside.

Unsure if I should undo the n249 bypass but I think I'm ok from what I've read.

I'm looking at Vagcom stuff but unsure on what I'm reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by mluton

Just noticed last years MOT had an advisory for a minor front centre exhaust leak. Strange how is wasn't picked up this time with the same garage, but might be adding to my emissions issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check breather hoses I had a split in one from the inlet manifold sent the fuel trims out enough to out on the engine warning light.

Did all them not so,long ago, but will take another look, Cheers.

Just a thought, if the cat had failed, the engine should show a MIL light. These figures look suspiciously like a non-cat car. Has the cat been removed and the sensor deleted ?

No, original CAT still in place, But has a CAT back exhaust. EML is on because I removed the SAI relay because I have a leak, but have put the relay back in now.

Possibly bad pre cat lambda. 

Edited by mluton

Take it for an Italian tune up and make sure it's hot before the re-test

I will be, been driving it like a loon at high revs since.

i will pace it to the garage on wednesday and hopefully they will get it on whilst still hot.

Logged a few things on the way home from work and from the start i seen a problem. CTS reading was 15c and outside was 25c.

Temp gauge went to 90c and this is what i saw on my 20 mile journey home, never went above 74c.

coolanttemp_zps41da607b.jpg

And also driving keeping on boost today I noticed some nice exhaust pops. I have a few CTS's in the garage from when I was diagnosing CTS or thermostat at fault so I will swap it when cold and see if the readings are better in the morning and see if the exhaust pops are less or none existent.

Edited by mluton

David 8 have u used this service can vouch for the results? my cars just about to click over 170k with nearly a full service history but I've only owned it for about 4 months so can't comment on its past. It says it's a preventive measure so is it to late really for me to benefit in your opinion

Edited by Skodaphobe

David 8 have u used this service can vouch for the results? my cars just about to click over 170k with nearly a full service history but I've only owned it for about 4 months so can't comment on its past. It says it's a preventive measure so is it to late really for me to benefit in your opinion

Not me mate don't know much about it.

Just had an idiot moment.

Went out to swap CTS, plugged in VAGCOM and outside temp matched reading for CTS. So I thought, time to swap.

Forgetting the CTS is reading 10-20c down and pulled out CTS, got a bit wet, as still very warm and under pressure.

Bonus is the other sensor I have is reading outside temp ok.

Try again in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD