New Aircraft Carriers

Aspman

Not a debate about the costs or the purpose or the fact we've no planes to put on them.

Ok I get the patriotic urge to name it after Queen Liz.

But shouldn't we have something a little less PC for a big machine designed to kill lots of people.

HMS Murderer

HMS Boom-headshot

HMS Impaler

HMS Eviscerator

HMS You're ****ing Dead Pal (well it is being built in Scotland)

At least one of the big ISBM subs has a decent name - HMS Vengeance

I prefer Iain M Bank's way of naming BFO weapons of war.

Killing Time

Attitude Adjuster

Frank Exchange of Views

Heavy Messing

Falling Outside the Normal Moral Constraints

Shoot Them Later

I Said I've Got a Big Stick

Eight Rounds Rapid

Ethics Gradient

HMS Briskoda = as we could surely have a good meet on that big floating carpark! 

HMS Dreadnaught.

HMS Fearless

HMS Defiant

HMS (Jack) Reaper

HMS Daring

etc......

I always had a fondness for the Rodney.

Hms B o g o f. Only bought one at 6 billion to be ready for 2020. And if the other one gets put together it will be sold at a loss. Assembled in 'jock land ' probably as down south the 'sows' lack the ability to work to the required standards.

Well it's apparently the last navy contract Scotland will get.

Subs moving south of the border as well.

Never mind the name of the new carrier......Instead of the Queen smashing a bottle of that fizzy French cr@p to launch the ship, she ruined a bottle of single malt.. :doh:

• Like 1

Yes I noted that.

Was that one off or a different tradition for warships?

Yes I noted that.

Was that one off or a different tradition for warships?

No, I think it was because the ship was built in Scotland, or a to keep Mr Salmond happy. I heard that Mr Salmond was booed by a section of the crowd.

No, I think it was because the ship was built in Scotland, or a to keep Mr Salmond happy. I heard that Mr Salmond was booed by a section of the crowd.

"Here is what I think of that misspelt counterfeit crap Salmond" 'SMASH' "ps, I'm calling this one Lizzy" :D

US Navy Aircraft carriers are named after old presidents (e.g. USS George H. W. Bush). Maybe an example to follow: HMS Margaret Thatcher or HMS Tony Blair should be terrifying enough. Or maybe HMS Blackadder and HMS Baldrick?

Was Nimitz a president? I don't recall him.

Love all the Carrier name suggestions though and I can't think of a single one myself.

HMS Did you spill my ****ing pint, pal.

HMS come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

HMS you're going home in a ****ing ambulance.

HMS we're here to bomb some freedom into you.

HMS Oil Finder.

• Like 1

US Navy Aircraft carriers are named after old presidents (e.g. USS George H. W. Bush). Maybe an example to follow: HMS Margaret Thatcher or HMS Tony Blair should be terrifying enough. Or maybe HMS Blackadder and HMS Baldrick?

Only the current class

'Apparently the last Navy Contract Scotland will get',  

is this the last contract from the RoUK,  or is this from any Navy anywhere and including a Scottish Navy?

or is that the last 'War Ship' contract from the UK.?  

Who is the person that Apparently can make such a statement now that will mean anything after May 2015?

'Submarines moved',

that will be the Nuclear Submarines that if there is an Independent Scotland will have to be moved.

& the Nuclear Waste Moved, and the leaks cleared up.

The more money just been pledged to do the clearing up actually spent.

That is at Sea, at Dounreay but also Faslane after Decades of Untruths on Radiation Leaks.

http://express.co.uk/news/uk/378241/Radiation-leak-on-nuclear-sub-off-scots-coast

Regardless of an Independent Scotland or not, the UK need to start clearing up the Nuclear Waste in Scotland, 

& get their Nuclear Deterrant sorrted out,

The Subs are Broken, the Reactors & Test Reactors are Leaking,

& creating jobs in outdated Defence projects is just stupid.

So it is a UK, EU & NATO issue.

Scotland will still be where it is right now,  in the North with the access to the Deep Waters & the Oceans of the world after the 24th March 2016,

So Independent or not & UK Waters or Scottish Waters, the Land and Sea will be exactly as it is today.  

The UK will be where it is now, up a Creak without a Paddle & Firing Blanks.

An Island Nation without a Proper Navy, Fishery Protection, Coast Guard & Salvage Tugs, or Customs Vessels,

or any protection for UK Waters of the important kind..

Small Fish in a Big Pond really,

but with lots of Sea Lords Current & Retired and Senior Retired Officers.

george

No, because of looking to relocate the nuclear subs, it is now being looked at moving all subs from Scotland.

All the Tornado maintenance is being moved to Marham along with slowly moving Tornados south.

The F35 will be based at Marham, and not Lossiemouth.

My statement about contracts was based on Mr Hammonds words approx a year ago when he was at the yard checking progress.

Lovely stuff,

i hope all will be happy then, fill your boots.

Obviously your War Vessels built in the South or more likely the North East & West of England with Scottish as well as English & other nationality of Welders & Fabricators,

will have the Missile Delivery Systems & Radar, Computer Technology etc coming from other countries like France & the US.

Mr Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP who thought he would get a big job in Europe,

and all the other Politicians that bump their gums, will be dead chuffed.

Lets see them go off with their Directorships, Consultancies and Peerages,

and their Money stashed in Tax Efficient Haven Countries around the world.

http://scotsman.com/news/alf-baird-yes-vote-can-sustain-scots-shipyards-1-3466952

Move them in, move them out, disrupt family life of the British Military, line the Pockets of the Private Industry,

it is the Government way.

Anyway if there is Independence the RoUK & NATO will need the Quick Reaction Air Defences still.

But i suppose the Army will not arrive at Leuchars if there is a YES vote in September.

Well not the British Army anyway.

Honestly they are the prime example of why politicians should be barred from being involved in any military procurement matters

1 humongous public and comercial relations disaster

2 strategic defence & secutrity reviews

3 Qwango studies

4 contract renegotiations

HMS Sunk by Poltical Ineptitude

HMS Drowned by Qwango

HMS London Knows Best

HMS Why didn't you just Foff and leave it to the professionals

• Like 1

No, because of looking to relocate the nuclear subs, it is now being looked at moving all subs from Scotland.

All the Tornado maintenance is being moved to Marham along with slowly moving Tornados south.

The F35 will be based at Marham, and not Lossiemouth.

My statement about contracts was based on Mr Hammonds words approx a year ago when he was at the yard checking progress.

Can you enlighten us to what other submarines your talking about as even the royal navy doesn't know its got non nuclear subs. Trfalgar and Astute SSN's and Vangard SSBN's are all nuclear.

Also the movement of the SSBN's is timescaled for 5-10 years more likely you'd end up having to base the vangards out of naval submarine base kings bay Georgia america

Tornado's are scheduled for retirement in the next 5-10 years if the last SDSR is to be believed.

Politicians lie and won't let facts get in the way of making a point, and Samand is as guilty of this as the londoners, we'll joint nato a nuclear umbrela organisations and ensure that it has one less member with nuclear weapons to make sure they let us join. Yes because thats the way thats realy going to go.

• Like 1