Israel's being a cant (sp), discuss

@Lee

Its a good animation but makes the same wrong assumption that most people make in that millions of Palestinians were displaced

due to the settlement of Jews after the war. The reality however is that the land was chosen A. because it has holy shrines that

are sacred to the Jews and B. most of the land was desolate and unused. They only now want the land now because hardworking

Israelis have built infrastructure and accumulated wealth in the region. Many of the population are economic migrants who have moved

there to work for Israelis. Without the Israelis the land would have been barren and remained unused to a large extent other than

a handful of farmers grazing cattle etc. We are to blame (we the English) we gave the land to the Jews 1948 after rescuing them

from extermination by the Germans. Only problem it wasn't ours to give. Just like we annexed Pakistan from India hoping sperating the

Muslims from the rest would secure peace. Lets face it where ever in the world you have a large proportion of Muslims your going to

find trouble they just don't mix well with neighbours. That's not racism its just a fact I'll let you make up your own conclusions but the

figures don't lie. Please don't mention the Crusades as counter argument :giggle:  Christians are equally nasty just stealthier. 

Even the Buddhists are at it! Ban Religion!

• Like 1

Scribbler,

Nowhere in the Qoran does it say that Jews should be targeted, just "infidels" which is basically anyone who is not a Muslim.

Whilst I think that there is a "6 of one, half a dozen of others" in this conflict, it is noticeable that in the last week only Israeli soldiers have been targeted by Hamas whereas Israel have targeted schools, hospitals and the only power station.

• Like 1

Hamas is the instigator always ! The Jews have to stand up and fight or the Arab nations will absolutely drive them into the dirt, carry on Israel I say , I agree too many innocents have been killed but what do you expect the Israeli people to do ? Turn the other cheek ? They've done that in the past and look where that got them ! There are idiots / fundamentalist on both sides but Hamas want to destroy the Arab state and kill all the Israelis , however this is not what the Israelis are after, as for the Quran not telling its followers not to kill unbelievers , kafir or infidels is not strictly true , its depends how your read it !

http://freethoughtnation.com/what-does-the-koran-say-about-nonbelievers/

Edited by seboni121

WARNING! This is not going to be to everyone's liking so for those who are offended easily or are of a pro-Israel disposition don't look.

Israel’s ‘Operation Protective Edge’–Barbaric human sacrifice taking place in Gaza’s real-life Apocalypto - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOQWKsQKiU

Basically the author draws a comparison of the Israeli slaughter of Palestinians to that of the Human sacrifices to the Mayan God depicted in the film Apocolypto.

WARNING! This is not going to be to everyone's liking so for those who are offended easily or are of a pro-Israel disposition don't look.

Israel’s ‘Operation Protective Edge’–Barbaric human sacrifice taking place in Gaza’s real-life Apocalypto -

Basically the author draws a comparison of the Israeli slaughter of Palestinians to that of the Human sacrifices to the Mayan God depicted in the film Apocolypto.

substitute Iraq or Syria, Sudan, Rwanda, Central African Republic etc. What's the difference?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

substitute Iraq or Syria, Sudan, Rwanda, Central African Republic etc. What's the difference?

Yeah I understand where your coming from the west has a hand in all those countries too.

The media makes it sound like its a conflict between the IDF and Gazan civilians. Well, its not. If the was the US instead of Israel they would've just declared everyone inside Gaza a hostile combatant and been done with it. Worked in Baghdad, why not here? Well, for all their faults, the IDF tried to limit causalities while still carrying out the operations.

As far as I'm concerned the majority of the civilians in Gaza are terrorists. They voted for a terrorist organization in free and democratic elections. Just like the rest if us who got ****** by our politicians (some more than others), they have no one to blame but themselves.

Hamas routinely uses children and civilians as shields. They constantly provoke Israel into open warfare so IDF can bomb Gaza and then Hamas can collect the aid money to spend on even more weapons. Those four children on the beach Israel "murdered"? Yeah, they were playing a few meters from a Hamas launch site. It was perfectly legitimate retaliation by Israel. My question is this. Where were their parents? If Hamas really cared about civilians they would've moved those children before their fired. A Qassam rocket misfire on the ground can cause a lot of damage. And they're not exactly unheard of.

And a small number of the Hamas "Army" (of sorts) perform surgical strikes on Israeli civilians which can almost be considered ritualistic killings. The Fogel family comes to mind, who are by far the most famous. They routinely target both their own civilians and foreign aid workers. Including medical personnel. I have a lot of friends in Israel and Gaza, either attached to the Red Cross, UNICEF, the IDF or just plain old civvies. One of them was shot at, had his ambulance disabled and then beaten while attempting to help an injured Hamas militant. And they were "civilians" led by a uniformed Hamas Militant. Luckily they were saved by a lost IDF squad, but still. Apparently the red cross and medical patches mean nothing.

FFS, that power plant everyone keeps blaming on the IDF was shot to hell and back by an off course Hamas rocket. Because the only have non-guided missiles. Which in itself is criminal negligence at the very least. They shot their own power plant and then they cry to media about those "murdering zionist pigs".

Yeah, not thanks. I'm not buying it. Israel pulled out of Gaza and the West Bank in 2006. Hamas had 8 years to rebuild their infrastructure, construct shelters and improve overall life. They used that time to buy weapons and dig tunnels so they could murder even more Israeli civilians. I've seen what happens when Iron Dome misses a Hamas rocket, I support anything that stops that from happening again.

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 3

The media makes it sound like its a conflict between the IDF and Gazan civilians. Well, its not. If the was the US instead of Israel they would've just declared everyone inside Gaza a hostile combatant and been done with it. Worked in Baghdad, why not here? Well, for all their faults, the IDF tried to limit causalities while still carrying out the operations.

As far as I'm concerned the majority of the civilians in Gaza are terrorists. They voted for a terrorist organization in free and democratic elections. Just like the rest if us who got ****** by our politicians (some more than others), they have no one to blame but themselves.

Hamas routinely uses children and civilians as shields. They constantly provoke Israel into open warfare so IDF can bomb Gaza and then Hamas can collect the aid money to spend on even more weapons. Those four children on the beach Israel "murdered"? Yeah, they were playing a few meters from a Hamas launch site. It was perfectly legitimate retaliation by Israel. My question is this. Where were their parents? If Hamas really cared about civilians they would've moved those children before their fired. A Qassam rocket misfire on the ground can cause a lot of damage. And they're not exactly unheard of.

And a small number of the Hamas "Army" (of sorts) perform surgical strikes on Israeli civilians which can almost be considered ritualistic killings. The Fogel family comes to mind, who are by far the most famous. They routinely target both their own civilians and foreign aid workers. Including medical personnel. I have a lot of friends in Israel and Gaza, either attached to the Red Cross, UNICEF, the IDF or just plain old civvies. One of them was shot at, had his ambulance disabled and then beaten while attempting to help an injured Hamas militant. And they were "civilians" led by a uniformed Hamas Militant. Luckily they were saved by a lost IDF squad, but still. Apparently the red cross and medical patches mean nothing.

FFS, that power plant everyone keeps blaming on the IDF was shot to hell and back by an off course Hamas rocket. Because the only have non-guided missiles. Which in itself is criminal negligence at the very least. They shot their own power plant and then they cry to media about those "murdering zionist pigs".

Yeah, not thanks. I'm not buying it. Israel pulled out of Gaza and the West Bank in 2006. Hamas had 8 years to rebuild their infrastructure, construct shelters and improve overall life. They used that time to buy weapons and dig tunnels so they could murder even more Israeli civilians. I've seen what happens when Iron Dome misses a Hamas rocket, I support anything that stops that from happening again.

So why did the guy interviewed by Jon Snow go a bit quiet when questioned on that attack?

This has being going on for over 40years with Israel being supported by the USA ,and if you look at the sanctions against Russia since the downing of the Malaysia flight you can see where England /European interest is,remember the USA didn't know what a terrorist was until 9/11 as usual it's all politics and the killing of Palestine children goes on,over a 1000 people killed/ murdered in a couple of weeks and that is so sad that this evil goes on.

• Like 1

Where's St Tony of Islington hiding, the Middle East Peace Envoy? He and George did an excellent job in Iraq. I'm sure he should be in situ by now to earn his position.

I think if God himself appeared he would have a hard time sorting this problem out, as which ever side claimed to be his followers, the other side would claim, "Sorry, wrong God."

Edited by P6bJOHN
  • Like 2

So why did the guy interviewed by Jon Snow go a bit quiet when questioned on that attack?

Becuase regardless of the circumstances, those children are dead. The fact that it was a righteous retaliation doesnt change the fact that this children were killed by Israeli shells.

In this case, those rules that help limit casualties were the ones that effectivly killed those children. If they hadnt waited for a confirmation those militants wouldn't have had the time to move those portable ramps they use.

Let's not lose sight of the FACT that Israel are the aggressors here. Constantly land-grabbing, excluding Palastinians, cutting off their supply chain etc etc. Their borders were created in 46/7 but they wanted more and took it. They've created a system of apartheid. WTF are the Palastinian people supposed to do, roll over and take it? Enough is enough.

• Like 4

Some thing missed is just where Hamas place their rocket bases- in public places and scream when Israel take out these bases, to protect their citizens.. So who are killing the occupants of Gaza, or are the occupants of Gaza willing martyrs. Israel are not attacking places at random ,they have the military capacity to see the launch sites.

Let's not lose sight of the FACT that Israel are the aggressors here. Constantly land-grabbing, excluding Palastinians, cutting off their supply chain etc etc. Their borders were created in 46/7 but they wanted more and took it. They've created a system of apartheid. WTF are the Palastinian people supposed to do, roll over and take it? Enough is enough.

Yes but Hamas has them lined up in front of the Israeli guns whilst they stand at the back shooting.

I have a relative who married someone from Beirut ,they married over 40 years ago and both lived in Beirut and raised a family,and I can still remember being told how Israel planes flew over and dropped toys and sweets into the street,only problem was the sweets were poisoned and the toys had explosives in them,she had no reason to lie and I believe her but I never read anything in the uk papers.

• Like 2

Headline on the BBC News; Israel strikes a United Nations school that was being used as an air raid shelter. Israel condemned by the UN. Fifteen dead, dozens injured. How can a child be a terrorist?

• Like 2

It's all very ****ed up there on both sides.

Hamas chucks rockets into Israel knowing they'll attack eventually.

The Israelis build houses on land they're not entitled to knowing it'll provoke a retaliation.

They're all ****ing head cases IMHO and I think rationality had gone out the window on both sides

• Like 1

It's all very ****** up there on both sides.

Hamas chucks rockets into Israel knowing they'll attack eventually.

The Israelis build houses on land they're not entitled to knowing it'll provoke a retaliation.

They're all ******* head cases IMHO and I think rationality had gone out the window on both sides

The UN or whoever should intervene and re-establish the borders, but they won't because the US would get sh1tty again. It's money and votes that's keeping this going on. It's genocide by any other name.

• Like 1

Anyone who actually believes this is about borders / settlements / land rights et al is naive I'm afraid. If Israel packed up and went home tonight, the whole sorry state of affairs would keep on going. Israel will never ever lose to Hamas so the only way peace will ever occur in that region is for Israel to demonstrably annihilate Hamas and leave the peaceful Palestinians alone.

• Like 1

Divide and conquer, my friends Divide et impera. What you see in every facet of society and World on a whole is the people being meticulously divided and systematically conquered.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Sun Tzu The Art of War.

Edited by theezenutz

Anyone who actually believes this is about borders / settlements / land rights et al is naive I'm afraid. If Israel packed up and went home tonight, the whole sorry state of affairs would keep on going. Israel will never ever lose to Hamas so the only way peace will ever occur in that region is for Israel to demonstrably annihilate Hamas and leave the peaceful Palestinians alone.

That's never going to happen. Children grow up, get outraged and make violent choices. All the worse if they grow up reminded every day by the missing limbs of their class-mates and the names of those who died.

Hate to say it but Gaza needs strong leadership with muscle to back it up if it's ever to present a nation's face to the world... And deal with problems with its neighbours.

I can't see a peaceful way out of it. What I can see is eventually Hamas managing something "really bad" - like a nerve gas attack, and Israel stomping permanently over Gaza and anyone in its way.

J.