Sparkly's Racing Barge 1.8tsi 4x4

Sparkly

How does that make it faster? ;)

That bit is being worked on in the background and I'll update as soon as there is news, after all I don't want to clutter the thread up with pointless posts ;)

But the objective is to have intake, IC, Downpipe and map done for Christmas.  I'm currently trying to work out how much work it would be to fit a stock (unmodified K04 to this car) several tuners use pre-modified units to make things more plug and play

The larger issue is that more pace will necessitate better suspension and brakes - the big problem I guess is that I want to do it all at once.

The car is such a laid back experience in stock form I cannot see that I have possibly picked the right car to tune up :no:

The car is such a laid back experience in stock form I cannot see that I have possibly picked the right car to tune up :no:

You have a point; choosing a laid back mile muncher and turning it into a more focused beast that can handle the odd track session will be much more satisfying than taking a warm hatch and making it hot! Every modification will have a greater impact to the car, especially on the suspension / handling front.

So looking forward to progress on this! :sun:

It's been a week of detailing bits and pieces popping through the post.

These were a real bargain, picked up 5 for £10.00 delivered Heavy Duty Trigger Spray and 1litre bottle, usually these are about £4.50 each exc delivery.  Best quality large dosing chemical resistant triggers I have used.

FD659BA9-E65A-49C8-B1D0-B5943ADBE149-695

• Like 1

These were a quid delivered for 12 and boy does it show

1362541C-00DC-4C29-B0CB-D7ADC79481A5-695

But they were only £1 delivered!!!!!!!

Will still do a great job for trim and tyre dressings etc.

I get these too Mark - great for the money and pretty much a disposable item at the price.

Used on tyres or engine bay etc...... save the red applicators for waxes, etc.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while since an update on here.

Irony of ironies, from having owned a faultless Mk2 Fabia vRS I now have a Superb 1.8 tsi that has drunk 2 litres of oil in around 6k miles :(

I also have a certain someone who shall not be named sorely tempting me with some big power upgrades for the 'Perb.

Unfortunately with a wedding to fund in Feb next year I may miss out.

In other news it got a sorely needed wash on Sunday.  A rushed job as I seem to have no time at all ever recently so an all Autobrite affair with some Pear Drops Snow Foam, followed by some Luxury Suds Wash and Wax and then foamed again with Curious Top Gloss Shine.  Looking much much better but will need some real attention soon as Top Gloss Shine is about a weeks worth of protection at best.  A big winter detail is looming at some point.

the Blackfire kit pictured above is up in the for sale section still unusued if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Been a while since an update on here.

Irony of ironies, from having owned a faultless Mk2 Fabia vRS I now have a Superb 1.8 tsi that has drunk 2 litres of oil in around 6k miles :(

I also have a certain someone who shall not be named sorely tempting me with some big power upgrades for the 'Perb.

Unfortunately with a wedding to fund in Feb next year I may miss out.

In other news it got a sorely needed wash on Sunday. A rushed job as I seem to have no time at all ever recently so an all Autobrite affair with some Pear Drops Snow Foam, followed by some Luxury Suds Wash and Wax and then foamed again with Curious Top Gloss Shine. Looking much much better but will need some real attention soon as Top Gloss Shine is about a weeks worth of protection at best. A big winter detail is looming at some point.

the Blackfire kit pictured above is up in the for sale section still unusued if anyone is interested.

Absolutely gutting mate, hope it's just a sumo leak.

In other news it got a sorely needed wash on Sunday.  A rushed job as I seem to have no time at all ever recently so an all Autobrite affair with some Pear Drops Snow Foam, followed by some Luxury Suds Wash and Wax and then foamed again with Curious Top Gloss Shine.  Looking much much better but will need some real attention soon as Top Gloss Shine is about a weeks worth of protection at best.  A big winter detail is looming at some point.

My Autobrite order due today Mark - with some Top Gloss Curious in there to test out at the weekend!  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Duly noted, my interest is still entirely there, have a few things going on at the minute work wise that may make this viable assuming no-one jumps in before me.

Even better prospect with the offer of the uprated clutch :)

• Like 1

what a bargin though mark, wow!

Oh I know, only a few months ago I had a £5k+ quote from Shark to take my car Stage 3 so even with labour and remapping it is beyond a steal and exactly what I wanted to do with the car.  It is just that timing with Christmas coming and gettign married in February funds couldn't be tighter, but rest assured I am working on it.

I will need to ask Richard if he takes Credit Card :giggle:

• Like 1