The West Meon Hut #18

@Lee

Go on then.... find me a bronze mk1 and enough money to buy it. :D

Well, you won't find a bronze mk1 unless it has been resprayed..... As for the money - can't help you there buddy!!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407226019191/sort/default/price-to/1500/radius/40/make/mazda/model/mx-5/advert-type/Classified/usedcars/page/1/postcode/rg217tz/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

(that one looks nice though ;) - although it does need lowering a bit!)

Well, you won't find a bronze mk1 unless it has been resprayed..... As for the money - can't help you there buddy!!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407226019191/sort/default/price-to/1500/radius/40/make/mazda/model/mx-5/advert-type/Classified/usedcars/page/1/postcode/rg217tz/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

:think:

A bit? Arch gaps remind me of this...

gibbs-aquada-road.jpg

• Like 1

We'll try and get a video of it launching, struggles for grip so much.

I launched mine last night followered by no lift shifting into second and almost melted the clutch! Won't be doing that too often. Plus I split the rear silencer!

Mushtafa, your a legend.

So..... guess what I'm looking at right now.

Yup, you guessed it.

http://tinyurl.com/pe2g32c

Make that TWO zimmer frames required or, you could go out in convoy Hmmm... "thats nice" in a Mrs Brown stylie BTW. £72 each at Costco incl. of the dreaded VAT thats the frames and not MX5's

Be there in a vehicle, no idea what though, possibly a hover craft?

I'd suggest an anti moth mobile, they seem to like you Tom.

I think hair salons have been springing up over Hampshire recently.

Oh you've been to Hampshire recently then ? you should try the Meon Hut on meet nights, quiet popular with MX5 owners

What has happened in this past meet??

You don't want to know Si and Ben's nearly right Austin has caused a lot of it but personally, I think the rot set in when the bloody Mondeo's started turning up !

I shall try to make this one although SWMBO seems to be filling the month with expensive things

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the clutch release bearing has failed or worn on the MX5 :( 1 lady owner is where the finger is pointing!

Gearbox out to replace the £18 bearing. 3 hours labour and apparently wear and tear so may not be covered by warranty... But they can't determine this until they've removed the box to have a look.

Anyone know if I've got a leg to stand I seeing as I've had it only 7 weeks?

Looks like the clutch release bearing has failed or worn on the MX5 :( 1 lady owner is where the finger is pointing!

Gearbox out to replace the £18 bearing. 3 hours labour and apparently wear and tear so may not be covered by warranty... But they can't determine this until they've removed the box to have a look.

Anyone know if I've got a leg to stand I seeing as I've had it only 7 weeks?

Did you buy it from a dealer? In which case they should have known it was on the way out (they all do a 120 point inspection on used to make them approved these days), and as you are within 3 months of purchase no wear and tear item should come up in that time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm fighting it, they've got it all next week and I've made it clear in writing that I won't be paying a penny.

Do you have any more details of the 120 point inspection? I wrote a question to honest john and they replied saying that the dealer are liable.

The Daewoo Matiz may make a guest appearance on Tuesday. You're all in for a treat.

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I'm fighting it, they've got it all next week and I've made it clear in writing that I won't be paying a penny.

Do you have any more details of the 120 point inspection? I wrote a question to honest john and they replied saying that the dealer are liable.

The Daewoo Matiz may make a guest appearance on Tuesday. You're all in for a treat.

Depends on the dealer/manufacturer. But they all have some kind of certification level they use to call it 'used approved'. It's actually more to protect themselves from issues like you are experiencing (as they are liable), but most use it as an advertising technique to make punters feel more comfortable (not that there is anything wrong with that - it's not underhand marketing in this case (for once!).

If they don't sort it for you FoC, ask them what tests they do to certify it worthy of resale and ask for a copy of the results of the tests they did on yours.

Going to do my best to make it... hopefully I feel better by tuesday.

Just had keyhole surgery to get my gallbladder cut out and I feel awful. Don't know when I'll be able to drive.

Hope you start to feel better soon buddy.

• Like 1