Jacking Question - Standard Jack - Jacking Points

Hi,

I have the desire to swop front and back wheels as the rears have noticeable stepped wear / castle walling.

Unfortunately my money pit Fabia VRS didn't come with a manual, so  I am unsure where the proper jacking points are for the standard jack that comes with the car. I Didn't notice any big arrows or clear markings under the sills that would indicate the correct position.

Anyone know the correct positions, or have an image I could see please?

Cheers

handbrake firmly on then locate the grove of your jack along the sill. jack at the right point and you can list yoyr front and rear wheel up at the same time. I recommend have a wheel of something sturdy under the sill at all times so you cant drop the cae on yourself

• Like 1

Nice one, thanks very much for that. Just what I was after. For others future reference, image from user manual attached.

post-115376-0-76602700-1407873272_thumb.jpg

Be damn careful with that STUPID standard jack!!!

My car fell off the damn thing and damaged my sill. I was seriously unimpressed.

sorry to hear that, will bear this in mind.

Usually there's same triangles dents on the still to tell you where they are

Couldn't see any of these. mind you the cars pretty filthy underneath.

Sandy, would be MUCH safer if you could borrow or buy axle stands to place under the will whilst working on it. I know it's an extra expense but it is your safety and every car enthusiast ought to consider owning some.

• Like 1

If you're working under the car definitely use stands.

A trolly jack is always best, but next best thing is a bottle jack which are smaller, cheaper and easier to carry around in the car than a standard jack; then the standard scissor jack (or as I've taken to calling them, suicide jack, not sure if that's a thing or not :P) a distant 3rd...

Feel down the sill (dirty or not) and there's a arc in the sill/body join . That is where the jack sits.