Vehicle-specific fuel filler flap

Brimma

Horrible. BUT, the Yeti fuel cap is like going back to the 70's. Having to take your key out, open the flap then unlock and unscrew the filler cap. FFS, whose bright idea was that?

There's no lock on my filler cap or outer flap, how old is yours, if I may ask?

looks flashy and cheap.

Wouldnt fit on if it was free.

You must admit though that it fits perfectly with the general appearance of the Squashkai. :evil: 

Fred

There's no lock on my filler cap or outer flap, how old is yours, if I may ask?

You beat me to it Steve.(I had to go outside and do a double check.)

We've had 3 Yeti and none had a locking fuel filler cap.maybe a retro fit by a previous owner?

Interesting. Bought new. 2013, 63 plate. Last of the pre FL models. It's an "S" model but wouldn't of thought that made any difference. I've never checked any other Yeti's I just assumed they were all the same. There's no lock on the fuel flap so that can be opened anytime but it has a locking fuel cap. I wouldn't be happy if there was no protection at all.

My gripe is that it should just have a locking fuel flap like very other car I've had for years so if there's someone else in the car I just leave the keys in the ignition.

My 2013 Greenline SE does not have a locking fuel cap,  but the flap locks when the doors do.  I thought that was the normal configuration, according to the manual.

Interesting. Bought new. 2013, 63 plate. Last of the pre FL models. It's an "S" model but wouldn't of thought that made any difference. I've never checked any other Yeti's I just assumed they were all the same. There's no lock on the fuel flap so that can be opened anytime but it has a locking fuel cap. I wouldn't be happy if there was no protection at all.

My gripe is that it should just have a locking fuel flap like very other car I've had for years so if there's someone else in the car I just leave the keys in the ignition.

My 63 plate se+ doesn't have a locking fuel cap. Does the s have central locking? If not this maybe why you have one

Yes it has central locking but definitely no locking fuel flap. As I said I just assumed all Yet's were the same. I've never heard of a modern lower spec car having a different fuel flap system.

The S and E spec have the locking cap, se and above have the locking flap on the central locking.

• Like 1