Heated Washer Jets

I think you have to have it as part of the winter pack - although I was looking for the heated screen so had to take them.

Certainly not had any problems with the scoosh freezing up, mind I use a fairly concentrated mix.

When I was ordering mine in June I saw it and asked the dealer to add it and I didn't order any of the other things like heated seats or screen. Mence my thinking was the same for £30 it's a matter of course. But I do wish now that I'd added the heated screen but the thing that put me off that was that I had to have the heated seats with it. But the nozzles are a stand alone item apparently as my dealer accepted them on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Skodavrs21112
  • Like 1

Had it on my old Mondeo, very handy.

Not sure if the 'project dream vRS' budget will stretch any further, might have to remove a few items to bring the cost down, engine, doors...

• Like 2

Just make sure you have the correct mixture in your washer bottle. Heated washer jets don't work if the fluid in the bottle and the pipes leading to them is frozen - as I found out in -20 deg c on my old Mk2. Only used VAG / Quantum fluid neat (-70) since then!

Just make sure you have the correct mixture in your washer bottle. Heated washer jets don't work if the fluid in the bottle and the pipes leading to them is frozen - as I found out in -20 deg c on my old Mk2. Only used VAG / Quantum fluid neat (-70) since then!

This is a very good point, I always use the proper VAG stuff, not tried Quantum though.

When I was ordering mine in June I saw it and asked the dealer to add it and I didn't order any of the other things like heated seats or screen. Mence my thinking was the same for £30 it's a matter of course. But I do wish now that I'd added the heated screen but the thing that put me off that was that I had to have the heated seats with it. But the nozzles are a stand alone item apparently as my dealer accepted them on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the heated seats, what is it you don't like about them? Just can't think of a reason not to like them. I drive with mine on all the time, aircon to maximum cold and heated seat to max most of the time, it's quite relaxing and in my experience they are good for your back too. At the end of the day you don't ever have to use them and it's a selling point at the end when you move on from the car, plus you'd have got the heated screen.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I love the heated seats, what is it you don't like about them? Just can't think of a reason not to like them. I drive with mine on all the time, aircon to maximum cold and heated seat to max most of the time, it's quite relaxing and in my experience they are good for your back too. At the end of the day you don't ever have to use them and it's a selling point at the end when you move on from the car, plus you'd have got the heated screen.

Never had them and nerver really felt the need for them. When I have sat on heated seats they have always felt like a cross between wetting yourself and sitting on a pizza.

Out of interest are the backs of the seats heated or just the base?

• Like 1

Only thing I dont like about the heated screen is the elements....once you notice them in your field of view they can become a little irritating.

On the Golf theyve employed a heat reflective screen, but the metallic layer doubles up as the heating element. All pretty clever. It comes with the advanced phone pack too so no cellular issues either.

......cool to see Google Maps in use via App connect too :-)

Even in a citigo, the backs are heated as well as the squab, I suffer with low back pain and there is nothing more therapeutic than a few miles with the heater on.

• Like 1

Never had them and nerver really felt the need for them. When I have sat on heated seats they have always felt like a cross between wetting yourself and sitting on a pizza.

Out of interest are the backs of the seats heated or just the base?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  I'll remember to compare next time I do either of those things.  :D  :D

And the back and base are heated, with three different heat settings.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll remember to compare next time I do either of those things. :D:D

And the back and base are heated, with three different heat settings.

Lol...don't recommend it. Not at the same time anyway. Allegedly.

Didn't realise the back was heated. That c old help the ol back on long (cold) journeys.

Middle dial of the climate control has two buttons, it will be blank if not fitted. This is mine with it fitted.

20150731_180640_zpsw0wbhlyk.jpg

The manual seems to indicate that the washer heaters come on automatically with the engine running and the temp at 10 DegC or less. No need for a switch.

They are a £50 add-on in the configurator?

• Like 1

I cant find any mention of washer heaters in the manual, assuming I don't have them- but will go look to be sure.

There a small note in the Lights and Visibility section on page 77.

• Like 1

There a small note in the Lights and Visibility section on page 77.

Ahhh thanks, I see it now:

• The windscreen washer nozzles for the windscreen are heated when the engine is running and the outside temperature is less than approx. +10 °C.

To me that reads like it is a standard fitment, 10 °C is not that cold.   Not sure how to check ?

Edited by sdabel