Don't get black box/tracker insurance if you have a Fabia VRS lol

tracker boxes. .if your lucky will have 3 wires.

earth.

permanent live

switched live to show ignition is on

if you disconnect the permenant live it will show as being disconnected so will land you jn the **** straight away.

if you get a stand alone car batery and connect the live powrr and earth powrr to the box youcan then lift out ajd place in the garage or shed. then once every few days put the box in your boot . connect switched live too and tale ot for a run so that it's not looking dodgy

but doing this will probably end you getting caught and land you in deep deep trouble so ido not advise or condone it lol

Thats really longwinded !

Given the price of car insurance, but the cheap price of cars, you could buy a cheap car thats identical to yours, velcro on your number plate, have them fit the unit to that one and you could then drive that one about normally now and again to send back the signals (with its normal legal plates of course, not suggesting you break the law or anything)

Now you can rev the balls off your main car you are insured and they will never tell lol. Until you crash that is :)

Sorry this is just meant in humour of course, don't recommend you follow this lol

Now you can rev the balls off your main car you are insured and they will never tell lol. Until you crash that is :)

Sorry this is just meant in humour of course, don't recommend you follow this lol

Yeah yeah, very good DIY guide, you've done it before haven't you!

ermm sound like yout on a dual carriageway? why did you need to get back in the first lane. was you failing to read your road signs telling you that your junction was coming up ? poot driving from my assumption. overtaking without adequate space :S

if your driving like a **& why have a black box ???

Ok, I didn't actually say this, but I was overtaking the truck when its indicator came on, and it started pulling over towards me. I trust you'll withdraw the "driving like a **&" comment now?

I'm looking at about £2300 going fully comp so this is the only option at the moment, i have paid more then that in the past, mainly the post code where i live because i've tried quotes at friends addresses not too far away and they are less then half that.

I know the Fabia isn't the cheapest to insure as it is, but the quotes are only about £100 more then what i would cost on a 52 plate 1.2 Corsa, tried loads of cars and the difference isn't huge.

Ring only young drivers, reduced my insurance from £2300 to £1100 fully comp with all add on's (£900 without them)

The only black box insurance company worth using is Tesco Bank Box.

Its my first car and im 18 so it was the only way to get insurance. I also paid £1300 for a 1.2 Fabia

Anyway regarding the insurance company they dont fine you at all! Or cancel your policy Even if you drive late at night or speeding! Or anything. 

All they do is give you less bonus miles per month. The better you drive the more you get. 

The only restriction for me is that i cant do more then 10k miles a year. Which for me is fine as i probally wont do more then 8k LOL

If you do get near to finishing your miles you can always buy bonus miles.

Probally the best black box insurance company out there. 

I've got black box insurance from Bell on my Citigo, saved me about £750 for fully comp insurance than having no black box. Thought i might aswell give it a shot, no biggie driving slowly for my first year of driving, especially as its my first car and I don't want to wreck it, but i have found that they do sod all even if you rag it a bit, theres no curfew for a start and they don't fine at all!

Each week you get a driving score: bad, poor, average, good, or excellent. Im currently at average because mainly i do a lot of driving on dual carriageways and it is a pain in the backside to keep to 70, but i have friends that are at poor and nothing has been said to them at all. I guess it just depends who you decide to get insurance with. 

That said, I definitely won't be having a black box when my policy is due for renewal, because I really do not like the idea of some big corporation knowing where I am in the world when I drive.

Ok, I didn't actually say this, but I was overtaking the truck when its indicator came on, and it started pulling over towards me. I trust you'll withdraw the "driving like a **&" comment now?

ahh that fact does change things. you are let off :)

The only black box insurance company worth using is Tesco Bank Box.

Its my first car and im 18 so it was the only way to get insurance. I also paid £1300 for a 1.2 Fabia

Anyway regarding the insurance company they dont fine you at all! Or cancel your policy Even if you drive late at night or speeding! Or anything.

All they do is give you less bonus miles per month. The better you drive the more you get.

The only restriction for me is that i cant do more then 10k miles a year. Which for me is fine as i probally wont do more then 8k LOL

If you do get near to finishing your miles you can always buy bonus miles.

Probally the best black box insurance company out there.

Thinking about that on a 1.4 as it brings it down to £865 for me

ahh that fact does change things. you are let off :)

Fair enough. 

I have got myself into the "misestimated truck's speed and distance to my junction" situation once, but in that case I was able to just brake lightly; I wasn't looking at emergency braking to lose 40 feet before it moved 5 feet sideways!