Mk2 Fabia vrs rolling road, post your graphs

Ant-Vrs

• 5 weeks later...

Here is my graph! I think I have every reason to be happy about it but if you could confirm or deny me this please let me know, I was offered a Superchip  remap too which I'm sure will amuse,sadly I had run out of time to ask about previous cars as the graphs were just taken from the Superchip web site for the Polo TSI ! post-132415-0-54314600-1439459487_thumb.jpgpost-132415-0-20403100-1439459503_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wunderba.

Great from a Standard CTHE.  

? Was it running on Tesco Momentum 99 / Shell V-Power Nitro+ or some other octane petrol.?

I do not think Superchips have done a Stage 1 for a CTHE vRS or a Polo GTI 1.4 TSI with the latest ECU.

But best that someone asks them.

Superchips Stage 1 on a CAVE gives at least 204hp /150kw @ 6,500.

Max Torque lb ft/ Nm 194/253 @ 2,700-4,500 rpm

I fill with Tescos most expensive so I assume that is the 99 you refer to. I have a week in the Yorkshire dales next week so will be able to give the "illness" a proper fuel ificiancy run there and back. from home its about 400 miles ...what happens in the Dales on the gorgeous twisting roads will stay in the Dales..on return I will then seriously look at the various tuning boxes as I have e tended warranty to five years of which I'm barely half way through.

• 2 weeks later...

Wunderba.

But rather different how it is showing from the Bluespark Box on the CTHE in post #134.

Ant did you ask about Shark remapping CTHE cars by any chance ?

I've looked at the other graph and they are a bit different and he's got more torque than me.

Ben was really busy yesterday and I only had a 2 minute chat about my run and didn't ask about the CTHE engine

Ant

• Like 1

vRSforever has very good results with the Bluespark box on the road where it matters, not just on the dyno.

& his CTHE without the Box on will leave any standard CAVE engine car for dead on the road.

His is a particularly nippy CTHE vRS.

Hi,I am after some advice please(I don't know much about cars but I love my vrs)

I have a late 2012 cthe vrs(the loud green one)standard but with cobra sports catback non resonated exhaust (which I am very happy with)and new bulbs all round and over 2 years warranty left as I got an extended one,I am wanting to do a few mods,I have seen on here about stage 1 tuning boxes(bluespark and tmc)but I was looking at superchips website and they do a bluefin hand held unit that you do a stage 1 via obd for vw group vehicles (very easy to do) included cars are skoda fabia vrs twincharger(2010-2015)price is £499. Anyone had this done I have seen various YouTube clips and the reviews look OK and with a warranty available and you are able to put the original map back at anytime for servicing etc.

Also thinking about h & r rarb that people on this site recommend (is it worth getting front and back or back only)also I have seen a forge motorsports induction kit (what does it do and if I do a stage one will I need it or does it make any difference to performance or sound as my car sounds very good with my new exhaust already.

My car has only done 13k and is very fast and uses no oil and is a joy to drive and has had no problems whatsoever with it since new so is it worth me doing any of the above, I don't mind spending the money if I notice the difference for the better,any help would be appreciated (many thanks leobella).

• Like 1

Best talk with Superchips and see if they really have done a CTHE Remap, another member said they had.

(the Warranty is on their work, 'Superchips' and yes you can put it back to standard for Servicing, but you have still Invalidated your Manufacturers or Extended Warranty with Non Factory Approved Engine Management.

Or Skoda say you have if you needed a claim and you need to argue your case.)

?

What happened with the other Tuners that were going to do your Stage 1 Remap?

Edit.

Sorry mixing you up with another member.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/352556-apr-remap-couple-questions

Hi,I am after some advice please(I don't know much about cars but I love my vrs)

I have a late 2012 cthe vrs(the loud green one)standard but with cobra sports catback non resonated exhaust (which I am very happy with)and new bulbs all round and over 2 years warranty left as I got an extended one,I am wanting to do a few mods,I have seen on here about stage 1 tuning boxes(bluespark and tmc)but I was looking at superchips website and they do a bluefin hand held unit that you do a stage 1 via obd for vw group vehicles (very easy to do) included cars are skoda fabia vrs twincharger(2010-2015)price is £499. Anyone had this done I have seen various YouTube clips and the reviews look OK and with a warranty available and you are able to put the original map back at anytime for servicing etc.

Also thinking about h & r rarb that people on this site recommend (is it worth getting front and back or back only)also I have seen a forge motorsports induction kit (what does it do and if I do a stage one will I need it or does it make any difference to performance or sound as my car sounds very good with my new exhaust already.

My car has only done 13k and is very fast and uses no oil and is a joy to drive and has had no problems whatsoever with it since new so is it worth me doing any of the above, I don't mind spending the money if I notice the difference for the better,any help would be appreciated (many thanks leobella).

RARB bu H&R is one of the best mods you can do, don't hesitate , DO IT! I have the front too and its very flat :)

I could comment loads on tuning the CAVE , (that I used to have) but I now have CTHE and havent tuned it yet.... I intend to! as far as I know , no info on the superchips, BUT they do warrenty the work , so could be good

! when I get into my engine it will be next year when the warrenty has gone....... so I will post experiances then, but until then, tuning is very unsure for the CTHE!

• Like 1

RARB bu H&R is one of the best mods you can do, don't hesitate , DO IT! I have the front too and its very flat :)

I could comment loads on tuning the CAVE , (that I used to have) but I now have CTHE and havent tuned it yet.... I intend to! as far as I know , no info on the superchips, BUT they do warrenty the work , so could be good

! when I get into my engine it will be next year when the warrenty has gone....... so I will post experiances then, but until then, tuning is very unsure for the CTHE!

Hi thanks for the advice (I won't risk stage one until my 2+years warranty has expired then I might take a chance when others on here have had it done successfully as car is running very well)but h&r rarb (front and back)I will have done, I presume this does not effect my warranty. Many thanks leobella.

Hi thanks for the advice (I won't risk stage one until my 2+years warranty has expired then I might take a chance when others on here have had it done successfully as car is running very well)but h&r rarb (front and back)I will have done, I presume this does not effect my warranty. Many thanks leobella.

no it won't effect the warrenty mine is modified to death and I've still got things done under warrenty.

Things to do

H&r rarb and farb

Itg induction kit or itg replacement filter (forge give you less bhp)

The gfb dv+ are really good I've got one on the car.

Blue spark or tmc tuning box

• Like 2

?

What kind of Warranty work was getting done, and who is paying for it?

It is no big deal but 'leobella' says he got a 2 Year extended warranty, so the terms and conditions are likely to tell you about 

modifications and how they need to be approved or the Warranty in Void.

But life is 2 short and if you are modifying your suspension or brakes then its just a case of fix any issues your self.

The Engine and Gearbox are the Big Expenses and a Remap more than likely Voids the Warranty work on the Engine, 

maybe on the Gearbox.

But if you have a good car then that is not an issue, so just do what you want, 

but if you want a Warranty to fall back on then Read the T&C's / Exclusions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is mine, had it done back in January of February at Awesome GTI. I forgot to ask for a print out of stock as i wanted to compare. It's a Stage 1 with a forge intercooler. Please feel free to analyse it! I enjoy driving it though, i've just done a 460 odd mile round trip to devon and back where i had motorway miles, some off roading at times, had two 1/4 hills and one 1/5 hill. Beautiful scenery but the engine got a bloody good workout and performed brilliantly.

apologies for the picture being upside down, i can't seem to turn it!

post-87193-0-53119200-1442497636_thumb.jpg

• Like 1