fabia Newbie advise needed

craigb78

hi guys looking at buying a Vrs to commute to work in. What MPG will they do on a 50mile run a day 100mile round trip travelling around 80mph?

also i am looking at getting one on a small finance for 4 years so it will need to last an additional 100k so what miles are the engines good for?

do all fabia vrs have cruise control? if not can this be added?

i went to look at 2 today just wanted some oppinions on what you guys think the cars are worth and the one you may have seen before so wondering what you know about the car:

first one was a feature car apparently: is this going to last another 100k? what sort of MPG will i get from this? Are these good mods? what sort of power should it be running? seems a really clean car but is it worth 5500? also engine managment light was on i was told this was because of mods is this true?

http://www.shifnalmotorcompany.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-fabia-1-9-tdi-pd-130-vrs-5dr-telford-201409047135408

second car. lower miles and cheaper price but was abit tatty scuffs all over kerbed wheels misted head lights etc? is this worth the money they are asking?

http://www.shifnalmotorcompany.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-fabia-1-9-tdi-pd-130-vrs-5dr-telford-201409227601872

any help appreciated

thanks craig

Edited by craigb78

your prob right but i want something that is a nice car that i like as i have my focus rs that is off the road for a while now while i restore it and have a focus tdci so i could keep this instead of getting the tdi100 but i have always liked the vrs and i heard that they are pretty good on diesel and comfy with some refinements just wanted a second oppinion off you guys 

Have a look in the cars for sale section on here, I've seen some very nice Fabias go for very few pounds (much less that 5500)

In terms of mpg it can vary slightly but I get over 50mpg on a fast motorway run and the engines themselves if serviced regularly can eat over 300,000 in some cases. The stock turbos however don't last that long, maybe around 80,000 on average

Hope this helps

cool thanks mate will have a look only downside i have is that i wanted to get some kind of a little finance for £100 a month or so, that way i dont see it as im buying a car out right just for work its just costing me like £100 for a car to commute in if that makes sence lol. 

Buy the silver one out if those two I do 120miles round trip a day, bit of motorway, dual carraidge way and b roads. I'm averaging 57mpg.

Mines on 115k and is still on the original clutch, DMF and turbo. Its gets driven hard but its always warmed up and down correctly. Nice cars just not very fast.

Buy the silver one out if those two I do 120miles round trip a day, bit of motorway, dual carraidge way and b roads. I'm averaging 57mpg.

Mines on 115k and is still on the original clutch, DMF and turbo. Its gets driven hard but its always warmed up and down correctly. Nice cars just not very fast.

speak for urself mine goes well

I bought a vrs to munch miles in as my work car as I wanted something that went well and looked nice. I regularly get 50mpg+ mines basically just a custom remap.

Those seem well overpriced you can get a decent one for a lot less money. I'd be looking around £3k for a decent one and as long as it's well services it should do 200k+. I've done 50k in mine and just done service bits like cambelt, brakes, tyres and servicing etc. Only problem I've had was a map sensor fail and the alternator started to get noisy so changed it but apart from that it's been a good car

If all your looking for is something to get you to work and back then yes they are over priced, i picked up mine on 106k, lowered on coilovers, porsche rep alloys, remap and some other bits and pieces for £3500 it had a good service history. Your always going to pay more for the privilage of going to a dealer though.

Well it's not really ginna have a hard life so keeping it nice and clean Isnt an issue its just it will be doing 100miles a day on a motorway mainly. I have a focus work horse now which is a bit tatty and it doesn't my head in as all my mates go to car detailing meets or like on a nice drive and then I just can't be assed cause I got a ****ty focus. So if I had a nice clean car. Lowered and on some non standard wheels would be perfect

Edited by craigb78

Well it's not really ginna have a hard life so keeping it nice and clean Isnt an issue its just it will be doing 100miles a day on a motorway mainly. I have a focus work horse now which is a bit tatty and it doesn't my head in as all my mates go to car detailing meets or like on a nice drive and then I just can't be assed cause I got a ****ty focus. So if I had a nice clean car. Lowered and on some non standard wheels would be perfect

Why don't you just spend all that money on getting the Focus RS finished and road ready and keep running the TDCI around as your daily driver?

The focus RS will be getting more money spent on it as it's going to be getting new turbo, manifold, downpipe, injectos, fuel pump, maf, remap, then will also be having engine out for a full engine bay respray and then respray the car. This is not a project I want to rush. I want it to be perfect when it next comes out. So I want a newer nicer daily vehicle. All I don't get is I'm asking for some advise on the vehicle yet people are saying keep daily save money etc. You wAna try doing 100miles a day is a slow ass piece of crap that looks **** isn't particulaly comfortable etc. The way I see it is I'm doing 25k a year in a vehicle and I want a nicer vehicle to do these miles in.

The focus RS will be getting more money spent on it as it's going to be getting new turbo, manifold, downpipe, injectos, fuel pump, maf, remap, then will also be having engine out for a full engine bay respray and then respray the car. This is not a project I want to rush. I want it to be perfect when it next comes out. So I want a newer nicer daily vehicle. All I don't get is I'm asking for some advise on the vehicle yet people are saying keep daily save money etc. You wAna try doing 100miles a day is a slow ass piece of crap that looks **** isn't particulaly comfortable etc. The way I see it is I'm doing 25k a year in a vehicle and I want a nicer vehicle to do these miles in.

Good luck finding a nice comfortable VRS, I wouldn't touch one for a 25k a year commuter, they're too unreliable and too uncomfortable at the age they're all at now.

If it were me I'd buy a Saab 9-3 TDI, Saab have the best seats I've ever sat in and they're a good buy secondhand, better build quality as well.

Do whatever makes you happy, just don't bother asking for advice if you're going to do whatever you want anyway.

Good luck finding a nice comfortable VRS, I wouldn't touch one for a 25k a year commuter, they're too unreliable and too uncomfortable at the age they're all at now.

If it were me I'd buy a Saab 9-3 TDI, Saab have the best seats I've ever sat in and they're a good buy secondhand, better build quality as well.

Do whatever makes you happy, just don't bother asking for advice if you're going to do whatever you want anyway.

Or an E46 330D :)
  • Like 1