Citroen C4 Cactus

gadgetman

It's the C3 underneath, so yes, very standard mechanicals, though it may get the Hybrid-Aid drivetrain as a result.

Is it a stretched C3 platform then rather than a previous generation C4?, albeit with the latest engines and tech??

Is it a stretched C3 platform then rather than a previous generation C4?, albeit with the latest engines and tech??

PF1, as used in the current C3, DS3 and Peugeot 2008 which is why they can make it cheaper and lighter than you might expect.

My Mum's just ordered one - wanted something 'funky'. Then she was a little annoyed I think when I said that I didn't like it, but that it was her car. Apparently it's better in the flesh, but I remain to be covinced!

PF1, as used in the current C3, DS3 and Peugeot 2008 which is why they can make it cheaper and lighter than you might expect.

Tooling costs already paid for then...

I saw not one but two on our recent trip to Germany!

When I saw the second I was like "Oh, they actually managed to sell another one then?!".

They're just as ugly in the 'flesh'.

Phil

• Like 1

I saw one today in that illuminous green, it looked ace.

The Mondeo's, Insignia's, A4's, 3 Series BMW's etc. all blended into the tarmac. Dull as dish water!

That's the colour I saw as well - absolutely brill!

Err... That's only on the doors to prevent other people leaving dents

As long as Cactus owner don't think that although their doors are protected from 'parking' dents, they can swing their doors into the side of cars they park next to, 'coz I'm sure that they will still mark others.

I find that 'Owners' of new cars do not do that,

but drivers of Lease, Fleet & Hire cars are more careless.

The worst are those in NHS / Social Work / Carers cars and the likes, in Solid Colours & with the Wheel Trims removed.

Anyone that transports youngsters, chavs , stupid / thoughtless and older people should only be allowed to drive cars with sliding doors.

People with the likes of Range Rovers, XC90, Toyota Land Cruisers should be provided with Disabled / Parent-child size bays at the furthest away part of car parks from any buildings, not only do they take up room, they drive round and round looking for a place to park if Breeders have taken the nearest spaces.

I reckon that the biggest plus of the Citroen Cactus is protection against the Careless and Useless with Shopping Trolleys.

I see more and more people that think it is OK to rest a trolley against the car next to them while they unpack or lift the toddler out of the trolley to put them into the child seat.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I went to have a look.

The whole of the inside looks like it's been built down to a price.

They are also smaller than I expected, and not very cheap unless you go for the real poor spec versions.

Add kit and the only reason for buying is the styling over other cars. No longer are they cheap.

I do like the look of them though...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back up as i saw my first real one today, parked up at supermarket.

impression -

Not quite as fugly as i thought from the pictures, but Gacktus may still apply, and a looot smaller than i was expecting. I had sort of slightly bigger tha a picasso in mind, its more a standard c4 but a smidge taller with external airbags...

Im still really not sure about it!!!