How to redesign your Megane

James I

I can't condone the fact these spectators were sitting on the outside of a corner but I am 100% certain they will choose somewhere more suitable to watch if they ever go to a rally again. 

:o 

• Like 4

probably affected the drivers reactions instead of keeping his foot in and trying to pull it out he hit the brakes when he saw the spectators.

Sitting on the outside of corners is common for rally spectators, even on the Jim Clark rally earlier this year spectators were killed, people just do not think what the consequences are of choices they make.

• Like 1

Sitting on the outside of corners is common for rally spectators, even on the Jim Clark rally earlier this year spectators were killed, people just do not think what the consequences are of choices they make.

Noticed it in Woodpecker Rally vids too

Group B days have surely got to be worse?

From experience no. 

Although there was less "penning" of spectators in those days, there were less of them out, and those that were out were generally enthusiasts, who knew the dangers. Plus if they were told to move they didn't argue about it, or get abusive. It has now got to the stage in some areas that a Police presence is needed and marshals are being assaulted and their cars damaged. I know of several Clubs who refuse to marshal in certain forests in South Wales because of these problems.

• Like 1

None of this looks terribly safe to me! http://youtu.be/eYIH7ApCxoM

TAP Rally, Portugal.

Well known for the stupidity of the spectators. Often there were NO marshals on the event, other at the than stage starts and finishes. 

Eventually some were unfortunately killed and things began to change.

It is a bit better there now.