Front parking sensors

Hi peeps, newbie on here.   About to pick my new Superb 2L 140 estate at weekend having got bored with my 320d.   Loved the superb when I test drove it.

My parking skills are zilch (I blame it on only being able to see thr one eye and just cant judge distances!) and am somewhat anxious I'll clip something in front.

Seriously wished I had gone for the front parking sensors but too late now.

I know there are a few people who will fit (and interface into the columbus) the front sensors but the dealer said this would invalidate the warranty.

Anyone know if this is the case (and any recommendations).   Have had quotes of £600ish which is pretty eye-watering but I guess it is a fair amount of work.

Any help?

cheers

n

Derby UK

How would it invalidate the warranty?

Other makers dealers have fitted them as I had a new Avensis fitted with them by the dealer.

If that dealer will not play I would ask another one if I was you.

How would it invalidate the warranty?

Other makers dealers have fitted them as I had a new Avensis fitted with them by the dealer.

If that dealer will not play I would ask another one if I was you.

Yeah, no reason why you couldn't ask another dealer, but l suspect you'll get the same answer.

To be honest, I find the visuals on the screen (Amundsen in my case) are an interesting gimmick. The most important cue is the sound fron the bleeper. I had and valued front and rear parking sensors on my previous Alhambra which didn't integrate with the radio as it was pre the CANbus system

I agree, sound is much more important than the graphic. I prefer to keep an eye out front and listen rather than look inside on screen.

Having said that I wish you could isolate front sensors and keep the rears active, it is irritatiing when reversing off slopes for the front beeping to go off when it 'finds' the angled terrain in front.

thanks for info

the visuals arent so important I agree.  If I just go for the sound feedback doesnt that still need canbus interface (to detect speed).

Alternatively surely a button to activate must be possible??

Just get this set, it's specifically designed to upgrade a Superb II with rear sensors to rear + front. Get it installed at a local garage. Avoid the dealer because they will charge you an arm and a leg for it.

http://www.carsystems.pl/skoda-super-b-2-park-pilot-front-upgrade-set-with-ops,id584.html

• Like 2

Just get this set, it's specifically designed to upgrade a Superb II with rear sensors to rear + front. Get it installed at a local garage. Avoid the dealer because they will charge you an arm and a leg for it.

http://www.carsystems.pl/skoda-super-b-2-park-pilot-front-upgrade-set-with-ops,id584.html

That's pretty good value!! :thumbup:

thanks, agree that does look good value but still a little concerned that it will involve someone (not me!) interfacing the cambus which 2 Skoda dealers have told me will invalidate the warranty - on a brand new car not sure I want to risk it.  

Well, it's up to you obviously. With this set that includes the correct OEM controllers and wiring, the "canbus interfacing" will comprise plugging in a cable and some coding.

If instead you go aftermarket you end up with an ugly different beep then the OEM rears, no integration in the display, and god knows that build quality...not to mention, good luck trying to explain it to the next owner when you sell the car on why there's 2 different systems in the car. While the install of aftermarket sensors can be fine, the simple fact is if you use the option of a universal set, you still need to "modify" the car...what holds more risk, using OEM parts and connectors and modules, or cutting/splicing/soldering wires in order to fit the 9.99£ "fits all cars"-Halfords special?

As said, up to you, but if you prefer not to use the OEM method, I'd recommend living with it and doing the (proper) OEM-upgrade AFTER your warranty expires. But it's your call! :-)

• Like 1

Maybe Skoda UK should fit front parking sensors as standard,it would be an excellent sales incentive and I am sure they would sell more superb's.

Where I live in London parking is always a pain,so the additional help from front & rear sensors gives  more confidence when parking the big skoda.

Skoda UK  please note the above and contact me re my commission. :beer:

• 4 years later...