Toyota auris hybrid

oilburninnut

Went to look at one of these new fangled hybrid things today as my wife wants something cheap to run around in, was pretty impressed with it on a test drive, are these things reliable? Only going to have it 3 years and then fire it back at them so out of warranty stuff isn't a problem I just don't want it to be in the garage more than its on the drive. Also does anyone know how close to the quoted mpg these iPhone cars get?

My friend's recently given hers back following a change of job.  Actual mpg over a couple of years was 53.  100% reliable.  Impressive car and very easy to live with.  I liked it and would have one.

Gaz

• Like 1

Went to look at one of these new fangled hybrid things today as my wife wants something cheap to run around in, was pretty impressed with it on a test drive, are these things reliable? Only going to have it 3 years and then fire it back at them so out of warranty stuff isn't a problem I just don't want it to be in the garage more than its on the drive. Also does anyone know how close to the quoted mpg these iPhone cars get?

The brand new model or model before?

Got to say that a Golf GTE (or the A3 equivalent) would be my choice, but don't know how they compare on price.

Reading the latest EVO today about the Golf GTE & 188 mpg. Power 201 bhp / 6 speed DSG

0- 62 in under 8 seconds.

Well not really,

31 miles on a Full Charge, then running on the 1.4 TSI 148 bhp engine. (electric motor 75kW / 101 bhp)

So the test is run in Electric Mode for two-thirds then hybrid mode for one-third using petrol,

So to go 188 miles on gallon, it will be short journeys and charging and running on the battery.

It would be good if they tell you how much petrol will be actually be used on a 188 mile journey if you set off with a full charge 

and a full tank of fuel.

Because it will not only be 4.546 litres. (1 Gallon)

Had an old shape one for a bit earlier this year, seemed reliable have the 5yr warranty, don't like the shape of the new one as much though although meant to be better on mpg, mpg was as good on motorways on book figures but that's always the case, used to get 50mpg plus which for a petrol I suppose is good, around town was good though usually 60mpg plus, look good which a few bits on too hehe, still have h&r springs and a k&n panel filter sitting here too that I can't shift for some reason lol

aea3f65be64b6f2cf87d05f4e2c583c9.jpg

Had an old shape one for a bit earlier this year, seemed reliable have the 5yr warranty, don't like the shape of the new one as much though although meant to be better on mpg, mpg was as good on motorways on book figures but that's always the case, used to get 50mpg plus which for a petrol I suppose is good, around town was good though usually 60mpg plus, look good which a few bits on too hehe, still have h&r springs and a k&n panel filter sitting here too that I can't shift for some reason lol

aea3f65be64b6f2cf87d05f4e2c583c9.jpg

Was told there is limited boots pace in them due to the fact it wasn't designed as a hybrid (the shell)

yeah boot space wasnt the best, could still fit my golf clubs in, new shape is better as the batterys are under the rear seats/floor so you dont lose as much space

Yeah as the new one was designed to be a hybrid all along where as previous model was an afterthought with Prius running gear

I would look elsewhere if you just want a cheap run about.

It will depend on what cars she likes but you can get a Fabia from around £10k and the cheapest Auris hybrid starts at £20k.

You would need to do a lot of miles to get any decent savings in running costs.

Check this site out for a comparison of most new cars select the mileage and time period and check the ppm figure.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/costs/car-running-costs/

Edited by ruffday

I would look elsewhere if you just want a cheap run about.

It will depend on what cars she likes but you can get a Fabia from around £10k and the cheapest Auris hybrid starts at £20k.

You would need to do a lot of miles to get any decent savings in running costs.

This!

Its gonna take a lot to recuperate the extra cost. Especially if you're only keeping for 3 years.

You did say cheap run around in the first post. If you care what the Jones' think why are you considering a Toyota? Surely a bmw 118d with no options, on a 14 plate is the way to impress these people :-D?

• Like 2

I wouldn't have a fabia given, horrible cheap looking things that my neighbours would think I'm going bankrupt!!!!! I will be getting the car on a business lease so the auris is plenty cheap enough thanks .

But of a narrow minded stuck up attitude that is.

I wouldnt think any car makes somebody look 'bankrupt' or that theyre particularly well off.

You never know how much dept people are in, how much mortgage is on their house.

Its a business lease anyway, not a cash buy. So calm down fella.

Edit: besides, an auris is hardly an image of the upper class. Nobody's impressed by one really.

• Like 2

But of a narrow minded stuck up attitude that is.

I wouldnt think any car makes somebody look 'bankrupt' or that theyre particularly well off.

You never know how much dept people are in, how much mortgage is on their house.

Its a business lease anyway, not a cash buy. So calm down fella.

Edit: besides, an auris is hardly an image of the upper class. Nobody's impressed by one really.

I know a bloke who owns most of the are! Guess what he drives?

I know a bloke who owns most of the are! Guess what he drives?

An old banger? Haha.

I know a few millionaires. One drives an 06 plate Volvo v70, another drives an 07 plate passat etc etc.

The people with real money dont try n prove anything.

The only people who try to prove, are the ones without it.

• Like 2

An old banger? Haha.

I know a few millionaires. One drives an 06 plate Volvo v70, another drives an 07 plate passat etc etc.

The people with real money dont try n prove anything.

The only people who try to prove, are the ones without it.

A Land Rover discovery when not in the Aston
  • Like 1

It's not the skoda badge I have a problem with, it's all fabias after the mk1, we both hate them, they look nasty and feel nasty. I tried to talk her into an octavia vrs which we had once but she doesn't want anything that big, despite the fact we both loved our last one. The other thing is being a woman she knows hybrids are green and green saves fluffy polar bears......

I wouldn't have a fabia given, horrible cheap looking things that my neighbours would think I'm going bankrupt!!!!! I will be getting the car on a business lease so the auris is plenty cheap enough thanks .

That fine if you don't like them but plenty do and as it is a Skoda forum it was just a suggestion.

Also you didn't say it was to be leased either.

I think that there are some much better options out there than the Auris which I personally wouldn't touch with a barge pole. 

And as for being green because it is a hybrid well there are cheaper greener cars out there. 

I wouldn't have a fabia given, horrible cheap looking things that my neighbours would think I'm going bankrupt!!!!!

It's not the skoda badge I have a problem with, it's all fabias after the mk1, we both hate them, they look nasty and feel nasty.

I've owned 4 of them.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, ive no problem with that. Horses for courses as we hear so often on here.

But youre just talking bull.

If theyre so cheap n nasty, make you look bankrupt etc etc. why did you buy one, let alone four?

Just makes no sense to me tbh. Like i say, everybody has their own opinion, but then theres just being rude and stuck up.

Unless you mean of course, business lease. Which you seem to think fools people into thinkin youve got plenty of money. Which it might do for a few people, but most will look straight through it to be fair.