2005 Frozen White Fabia VRS

Skoda_Saint

Treading water but looking promising..ish for Snetterton. Still a little more work to do but major thanks must go to Taylor and Danny for being excellent with the tools. Majorly nice to have a set off ramps to do some work on as this makes life a LOT easier.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If anyone can tell me what "You must enter a post" means when trying to put a picture up I'd be extremely grateful. I've done it a fair few times by now... yet tonight the system hates me.

Can't see it on my mobile but are you freedom? Might have met your limit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shame i forgot to change the MAP sensors over so when it made it to snet it wouldnt boost properly. I hope you got that sorted in the end steve

Looks good. One weekend danny wasnt able to make it and i had quite a few sump related problems (trying to repair a stripped thread on the sump plug) then a replacement sump that was actually from an octavia wouldnt fit and finally we sourced a Fabia ASZ one which was quite stressful but with a late finish I did get it sorted in the end.

Hope its all running well steve.

Edited by Taylor93
  • Like 1

Good effort, but did the whole engine take a poo poo, or was it just the turbo? :)

The top end needed a rebuild and the bottom end most likely suffered wear so wasn't worth preserving. Turbo had quite literally split in two where the bottom bolt hadn't been put back on when they fitted the rebuilt hybrid...

Shame i forgot to change the MAP sensors over so when it made it to snet it wouldnt boost properly. I hope you got that sorted in the end steve

Looks good. One weekend danny wasnt able to make it and i had quite a few sump related problems (trying to repair a stripped thread on the sump plug) then a replacement sump that was actually from an octavia wouldnt fit and finally we sourced a Fabia ASZ one which was quite stressful but with a late finish I did get it sorted in the end.

Hope its all running well steve.

Yes I took it to Unit 18 who cured it in about an hour. Turned out to be a vac hose/N75 issue which they sorted post haste.

We did swap over the MAP sensor in the early hours before Snetterton but unfortunately wasn't that, hence my lovely unforgettable road trip up there with no boost. And back.. which sucked as equally if not more.

Now running very well Taylor, just need to remember how to drive it now. And get used to the OMP steering wheel which leaves you miles from the switches lol.