Skoda Octavia vRS - XDS

Hello everybody. I read about the xds a lot but I can't find one thing. If it's fitted to the Octavia vRS as standard why it is not activated or is it just me? I have checked it with vcds and its not ticked. Should I activate it? Will it make any difference?

Activate it through VCDS and see if there is a noticeable difference? Do be cautious with the severity setting as it has been discussed on this forum and others that potential driveshaft/driveline damage has occured, although not 100% proven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activate it through VCDS and see if there is a noticeable difference? Do be cautious with the severity setting as it has been discussed on this forum and others that potential driveshaft/driveline damage has occured, although not 100% proven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Turbobell. I see you own a vRS, too. Does your come with xds activated? And if I can activate xds, can I activate hill hold control , too? I know that it needs different abs module. I will check out my modules part number and will try it.

Hello Turbobell. I see you own a vRS, too. Does your come with xds activated? And if I can activate xds, can I activate hill hold control , too? I know that it needs different abs module. I will check out my modules part number and will try it.

It will depend on what ABS pump is fitted

Most can have XDS enabled

Only High versions can have Hill Hold enabled (I had to change my ABS pump to get Hill hold on my 2012 Vrs)

Only High versions can have Hill Hold enabled (I had to change my ABS pump to get Hill hold on my 2012 Vrs)

Ok. But the question is, if its possible, why is it not activated out of factory?

because the importer (Skoda UK) decides what to give and what to charge for

i thought that its standard on FL octavia vrs after week 45 so they should not charge for this. I will give it a go tomorrow. Its strange that its there but its not activated.

Can you just clarify a point, your posts suggest that it will be available on 09 onward vRS's but may be disabled, yet the manual lists this function for the year of my car, 2011. Do Skoda actually state that something exists but then not enable it? That seems rather dodgy, to put it mildly...Or have I mis-read your posts?

Edited by nickgpfc

Can you just clarify a point, your posts suggest that it will be available on 09 onward vRS's but may be disabled, yet the manual lists this function for the year of my car, 2011. Do Skoda actually state that something exists but then not enable it? That seems rather dodgy, to put it mildly...Or have I mis-read your posts?

Quite a few things are turned off then the dealer charges you to turn them on.

High beam assist on my MKIII Vrs is a £300 option, It's already in the car but turned off. A nice bottle of red to a Forum member got mine turned on.

I've had quite a few things done which I believe are options from the factory

Quite a few things are turned off then the dealer charges you to turn them on.

High beam assist on my MKIII Vrs is a £300 option, It's already in the car but turned off. A nice bottle of red to a Forum member got mine turned on.

I've had quitea few things done which I believe are options from the factory

Thanks for that. I don't suppose there is a list somewhere of these functions that require Dealer (or someone with the software) that can be enabled? From reading things on this forum, I currently have:

Boot popping on button depress (rather than just unlock) as per the auto-opening thread;

XDS as per this thread;

I purchased mine as a used car from a dealer and it still is under the 1 year Skoda warranty. The dealer turned on the "open all doors (rather than only driver)" option for free when I had to go back to them. Ideally I'd like to build a list of options that a dealer can change for me under warranty.

Thanks for that. I don't suppose there is a list somewhere of these functions that require Dealer (or someone with the software) that can be enabled? From reading things on this forum, I currently have:

Boot popping on button depress (rather than just unlock) as per the auto-opening thread;

XDS as per this thread;

I purchased mine as a used car from a dealer and it still is under the 1 year Skoda warranty. The dealer turned on the "open all doors (rather than only driver)" option for free when I had to go back to them. Ideally I'd like to build a list of options that a dealer can change for me under warranty.

Don't know where your based but you need to find a member local to you with a VCDS. They can worlk wonders, cheaper than a dealer (Normally beer tokens)

It's suprising what can/cannot be activated.