Embarrassing Number Plate - New Vehicle

GreyBear

Most plates could be deemed as something rude... If you really tried. And I'm sure your work mates did.... And Will find humour in your next one.

I think they are deliberately winding you up.

I see nothing wrong with that plate... And see many BJ plates and think nothing of it... It would need to be BJ 08 to make me think that.

And GBY.... Again... Nothing in it.

I see a perfectly normal random reg no.

But your choice....

• Like 1

BJ plate is very common on the roads, if your that bothered ask for another .... I know someone who refused to take a new car with an Essex registered plate and asked the dealer group to register so he got London registration

Last resort is a private plate which you can transfer to vehicles.

The number plate was BJ64 GBY. I showed it to 8 or 9 people at work this morning. All of them translated the number plate as bl*w j*b 64 g*y boy.

Am I the only one thinking that this says more about you and your work colleagues than it does about the registration number? :notme:

• Like 4

Edinburgh have SN so in 08 there were loadsvof snobs about. I saw on a nice car at first so thought it was a private plate . Then saw liads. Funny I haven't seen snog (09) yet .

SWMBOs Yaris is SNO9 and yes it does look like snog in the car. My Fiesta is SN14

A female at our work had a car with P**UBE on it.......I had a field day with that one :)

We had a load of Seats at Europcar with that combination back in 1996, previously in 1992 a load of Fords with J***GUF.  We used to see a BMW with the number X32 VOB, which is close to X32 YOB, which if you saw it in your rear view mirror, you'll get what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a picture in today's Mail with a Volvo with the reg' E8OLA !!.

Goes like sh-omething very fast!

Harder to catch then you'd think!!!

Edited by mrgf