Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois

Toxicvrs

12 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

All updated as of 21:51 tonight, thanks all!

Over 50 new owners added to the list. Get in! :cool:

Please note you missed this posting in your updating:

On 19/03/2016 at 18:25, DRJ said:

It is with much regret  that I have to announce I have part-ex'ed my unmolested Fabia vRS SE # 731, swapping it earlier this month for a fully loaded 2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - surprisingly spritely considering the engine is only 1197cc - but not a patch on the Fabia in terms of pulling power.

I'd bought a new Fabia vRS in 2004 but had quite a bit of trouble with it - mainly front suspension and steering - between 50k and 64k miles so I part-ex'ed it after six years in 2010 (inadvisedly?) for nearly an identical car when I chanced upon the SE at my regular garage in Cinderford - nearly identical since my original car had leather, CD changer, and cruise - I tried unsuccessfully to pass it off as a respray!

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/drjatom/Fabia%20vRS/IMG_5057_zpsqjzllzjg.jpg

The SE was generally more reliable though, only needing door sealing and rear bushes apart from regular services. It was by now 8.5 years old and reading 54k - I was getting concerned that its good reliability to date might start going downhill. Additionally the rear spoiler had delacquered, one of the horns had failed (too much use?) and the tyres were getting low - so I'd have needed to spend £500-600 on it by MoT time.

So I've used most of the money from selling the Atom to get the Qashqai - a gadget-lover's heaven! I will remain a member here but postings are likely to be even sparser than the last year or two.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DRJ said:

Please note you missed this posting in your updating:

Many thanks, I’ve still got to work my way through the pages. 😎👍🏻 

Need to correct some things, I DO NOT HAVE 867 so it needs to be removed as not accounted for, I HAVE 837, in devon. but i didnt buy from the original owner in Gloucestershire, it went to wales from a few months, a mate bought it, then i bought off him

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 11:14, DeanVRS20VT said:

Many thanks, I’ve still got to work my way through the pages. 😎👍🏻 

I had posted a few pages ago but just in case you missed it I bought 944 in March 2017. 
it was sold to Unit 18 in 2015 I think and I purchased it from them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tonkajon said:

I have number 371 owned for a few years now located Milton Keynes

I’ve seen you around every now and then! I used to catch more sightings when I worked in Wymbush. But I think we’ve shared car parks in Xscape and... Dunelm weirdly 😅

If Pete still has his that makes at least 3 SE’s in MK - and there’s a completely Stock one in Woburn Sands. 

• Like 1

Sold #337 about 12 months ago,

I snapped it’s cam belt on a the daily morning commute, I should of replaced it more frequently knowing the extra power it was running (Gtb1756) and the abuse I gave it. 
Sold it as a non runner for good money although it was worth more in the mods fitted, never mind the se parts. 
Since bought an octavia vrs estate (kids are on the horizon fingers crossed). 
Miss the Fabia like an old friend, already hear myself talk about it in a really affectionate and admiring tone. 

Sold to a fella who sent me a video shortly after of it running, just needed a new cam belt, I’d assumed bent valves and all sorts and therefore not worth the cost to repair. Wish I’d never pressed play on that video! 

JRJG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I regret to this day PX mine for a mk2 vRs

My First Fabia  vRs was in Silver the demo car of my old local dealership at Turners of Erlstoke in Wiltshire.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...