Citigo wheel bolts

nbJubilee

Put the winter tyres and wheels on now. The centre caps do not fit these wheels. The hubs are rusty after only five months and the wheels were stuck tight. Applied some copper slip grease.

Thank you Tech1e for confirmation bolts are OK.

• 5 years later...

Bumping an old thread but couldnt find the answer......

I'm planning on putting some aftermarket alloy wheels to my Go.

Can i use the current wheel bolts or do i have to get another set?  

In previous cars i've had, they had been wheel NUTS- the Go is the first car i've had where its BOLTS.

Many thanks

Gary

Normally if you go between Steel and Alloys from the VW Group the bolts are fine.

But you are going aftermarket so you need to check what seating the bolts are, and maybe best buy the bolts to go with the wheels if the seller has them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Garyman said:

Can i use the current wheel bolts or do i have to get another set?

Yes. You need bolts with the correct shape land for the unspecified new wheels. Since you've not said what you're looking at, we have no idea what bolt lands you need.

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Yes. You need bolts with the correct shape land for the unspecified new wheels. Since you've not said what you're looking at, we have no idea what bolt lands you need.

Wheels from my previous car

20190226_083757.jpg

Look closely at the bolt hole seats on the wheels to see which of these two types of bolts will fit the seats correctly. If you can't tell, take a good close up photo and post it here.

Standard VW group bolts are radius/ball seat.

Screenshot 2020-03-16 12.39.21.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

I am not going to google, but have you?

Are they the right PCD, Centre Bore and offset for a CitiGo?

?

What size are the wheels and what size are the tyres, or are you fitting different tyres to those?

16" 4 x 100 ET 35 so i believe they will fit the Go

Honda Jazz uses 56.1mm centre bore, Skoda Citigo uses 57.1mm centre bore. So 1mm too small and won't fit.

These Alcar 6795 (5Jx14 ET35 4/100 57.1) will fit:

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel/alcar-kfz-6795#21067438

mytyres.co.uk list the Alcar 6795 for £32.30

It's an attractive 18-hole design. 175/65R14 tyres are a comfortable and economical size. Vredestein Quatrac 5 for less than £40 on camskill

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m137b0s7975p134030/Vredestein_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Vredestein_Quatrac5_Vredestein_Quatrac_5_-_175_65_R14_82T_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_68dB

The Skoda Citigo is already a hard riding car, so it makes sense to fit 14" tyres with corresponding higher sidewalls and softer ride.

Edited by Carlston
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Hint - The bolt holes are full of bolt.

Full of Nuts.

8 hours ago, Garyman said:

In previous cars i've had, they had been wheel NUTS

Do you have a photo of the wheel nuts and the wheel nut hole with nothing in it?

Thanks AG Falco

5 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Carlston   Good info, 

but every time someone wants to tart up a car / go style over function you go onto Comfort / Ride / Smaller Wheels and often narrower wheels or tyres.

I'm a big fan of Isambard Kingdom Brunel. The industrial look always wins in my book.

Edited by Carlston
  • Haha 1

He was a believer of the wheels running on the rails so might have approved of just rubber band tyres. He would likely have thought Robert William Thomson was a hero.

As some Citigo already come on pram wheels there is hardly need to advise on going to 14" wheels.

On 16/03/2020 at 16:11, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Garyman

with what size of tyres on?

Rainsport 205/55/16 

Thank you all for your replies so far.

I've not got the wheels back yet but will let you know how i get on