Worldrecord attempt in 2015 | Belgium/Netherlands

LucGodfroid

UK FRIENDS! :)

Next year the Dutch/Belgium Skodaforum will celebrate its 10th Birthday.

We will hold a meeting on 9th of May (feel free to attend if you're around). Initially we planned on having a world-record notation in the Guiness Book of Worldrecords by having a picture with the largest amount of cars from one single brand (Skoda of course!). However our application was accepted but they changed the challenge. We need to have at least 250 cars which need to drive for at least 2,5 mile (with other rules which apply).

This would then be the largest parade of cars from one particular brand (Again SKODA! only). As we have the GO to do this, I was wondering if you would like to join this attempt somewhere (needs further planning) in 2015 (probably after summer holidays??) I think, if we go ahead, it will be on an old airplane field somewhere in Belgium... Just a thought, and I think it would be big big fun! Let me know. Cheers lads!

PS Will also properly introduce myself in the appropriate section.

Gr. Luc

• Like 4

Welcome to Briskoda Luc. As I said on Facebook, I will know closer to the time if I can make it. All being well I would love to go! 

• Like 2

Mmmmmm......I'm off 8th 9th and 10th May 2015  Just don't tell the Wife, I'll say I'm off for milk

WR attempt will be later in 2015 (no real date yet, and more in the brainstorming phase --> extreme resources needed, person and facility wise...)

9th May will be skodaforum anniversary. (in Breda, Netherlands)

So yeah bring that milk to the Netherlands on the 9th.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi and welcome, I looked at the same challenge a couple of years back. We had enough cars, but not enough tarmac to keep them moving within the parameters they laid down.

The rolling parade is basically because of the car lots of waiting to be shipped cars, easily surpassing 250 owners cars...

Another forum did it for another marque and it took them about 3 hours from first wheel rolling to getting it done. i.e .marshalling all cars to be rolling at the same time and past the counters :)

Definitely a good challenge to undertake!

Will keep May clear of my plans.

Colin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too.

I've sold my rally car and ordered a new Octy VRS TSI hatch, so need something "motoring/motorsport" orientated to fill the void, and I think this well may do nicely  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...