Sainsburys Christmas Ad

BrownBarge

Ironically, are Aldi and Lidl German companies, putting  the Sainsbury's bottom line under pressure currently.

Great ad and hopefully lots of monies to the Royal British Legion.

But I just have this uncomfortable business undertones feeling in my bones.

Very subtle and clever if that is the case.(backhander)

Perhaps it's genuine and putting Christmas back to it's Basics.if so great!

Happy Christmas to Briskoda members!!

PS.Business News.

Think Sainsbury's and Netto(Danish) have recently collaborated to taken on Aldi and Lidl &Others at the cut throat end of the market - Netto name in some trial stores in the North of England.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I caught it today on youtube prefacing a video I wanted to watch. Initially I wondered what it was for.

It's only once done it sinks in the gravitas of it all. Also the mind begins to race to the futility of our very existence... but that's for another post ;)

I like how we're beginning to move past the wrapping paper and cheesy ads. Although no doubt iceland will be along to fill the quota soon enough.

Christmas is a such a oddity for me, so much stress and strife for a few hours, if only we remembered we don't need a christmas card or birthday card to be nice to each other everyday. Some of the commentators above should just breathe, if your pulse is over 50, take a moment, please. Anyway off to enjoy my liberty pass with a beer.

After I fix the favicon I just noticed...grr I hate updates.

• Like 3

An old School friend of mine (Taff) as we used to call him and it is what he is known as today along with his Company was the historical consultant on that, so the detail will be top notch.

He had an interest for it when we were at school, I remember one maths lesson where we were all told to be quiet and a few minutes later we hear a (de fused) hand grenade with the pin removed rolling up to the teachers desk.

So you will deprive them of the age old Magic of Santa.... That has enthralled children for years... Simply To satisfy the need to let them know "I bought that"

Ah well....... That sums it all up.

Magic? I'm not going to lie to my child although i will let them make of it what they wish. But to bribe a child with a "Magical Stranger" saying if your not good you won't get presents? 

Going to try a different stance thanks  :thumbdown:

Don't do all this religious mumbo jumbo myself but isn't all this fuss all about celebrating Jesus being born . If one is not a believer should you being celebrating Christmas? I Have been in Spain and Malta for Christmas and in both places Christmas is still very much a religious festival which certainly is not the case here.

Loved the ad and tbh all the ads like that make me upset like the hovis ad they did a few years back.

Not jumping on the band wagon with and one but seems not Christmas HAS lost its meaning and children have no idea about the good will to all men and see Christmas time as a chance to get the newest must have toy.

I for one am working Christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing Day. Mainly for my own selfish gains.

• Like 1

Loved the ad and tbh all the ads like that make me upset like the hovis ad they did a few years back.

Not jumping on the band wagon with and one but seems not Christmas HAS lost its meaning and children have no idea about the good will to all men and see Christmas time as a chance to get the newest must have toy.

I for one am working Christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing Day. Mainly for my own selfish gains.

At the end of the day it's down to how traditional values and beliefs are applied as well as a reminder to perhaps be more tolerant of others that irritate, as well as a chance to think of those less fortunate than ourselves. I decided I had enough last year of the commercial aspects of christmas, spending money on a load of tat that was broken, missing or used by boxing day. I tell family not to bother their ar$e  buying me anything as I won't appreciate it anyhow, if they insist I suggest posting it to the local tip to save me the hassle and petrol taking it there myself. My son was given a PS4 which is still unopened in the original box, says it all really.

I'm also not keen on the family gatherings at christmas, seeing people you wouldn't normally bother with and adding to the general stress of the family dynamics. I have no problem with those that buy into the whole experience and good luck to Johny Five and all who embrace it.

As I mentioned I'd had enough last year so we (my son and I) went to London for three days over christmas and worked with the homeless. Best xmas I'd had for a long while and my son throughly enjoyed it, so both going back for more this year.

Back to the advert.. nice one.

• Like 1

At the end of the day it's down to how traditional values and beliefs are applied as well as a reminder to perhaps be more tolerant of others that irritate, as well as a chance to think of those less fortunate than ourselves. I decided I had enough last year of the commercial aspects of christmas, spending money on a load of tat that was broken, missing or used by boxing day. I tell family not to bother their ar$e buying me anything as I won't appreciate it anyhow, if they insist I suggest posting it to the local tip to save me the hassle and petrol taking it there myself. My son was given a PS4 which is still unopened in the original box, says it all really.

I'm also not keen on the family gatherings at christmas, seeing people you wouldn't normally bother with and adding to the general stress of the family dynamics. I have no problem with those that buy into the whole experience and good luck to Johny Five and all who embrace it.

As I mentioned I'd had enough last year so we (my son and I) went to London for three days over christmas and worked with the homeless. Best xmas I'd had for a long while and my son throughly enjoyed it, so both going back for more this year.

Back to the advert.. nice one.

Hats off to you. A well balanced, non-confrontational way of putting your personal views across.

I agree with some of your points about the whole festive season too. Working in hospitality I 'partake' in everyone else's Christmas from the end of November onwards so come Christmas Day I'm sick of some aspects of it all.

We'll actually have Xmas day on Boxing day as I'm working until mid afternoon and it'll be close family, with Xmas cards sent to close family too.

I'd be interested in the info on working with the homeless for when my son's are older and the 'magic' gets a bit more real for them as I think they and I would benefit from some perspective.