New brake / tail light coding tweak

Just playing around as usual and came across this tweak:

Set the high level brake light as addition tail light (at reduced brightness)

(9)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion D 22 to standard position light "Standlight allgemein"

(10)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimmwert CD 22 to 25%

This doesn't affect the normal function of the brake light, however it now is on whenever the lights are on at 25% brightness and returns to full brightness when the brake pedal is pressed.

It can be set between 25% -> 100%, although changing it to below 25% has no affect on brightness (it just stays at 25%).

Also just for anyone who is looking for further adaptation tweaks I have listed all the lighting options available (could be assigned to any channel)

There not all 100% perfect as I've only used translation sites for them:

Ok, I cant post the table as the formatting is totally messed up :-(

Edited by xpower

Personally I would leave it switched for for safety reasons. I find the hi-level brake light the most noticeable when the light's are on, as it appears from darkness. I think it would increase your chances of being rear ended if you have it on with the normal rear lights, but hey, that's just ones mans opinion.

• Like 1

(9)-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion D 22 to standard position light "Standlight allgemein"

This doesn't affect the normal function of the brake light, however it now is on whenever the lights are on at 25% brightness and returns to full brightness when the brake pedal is pressed.

It can be set between 25% -> 100%, although changing it to below 25% has no affect on brightness (it just stays at 25%).

Is this liable to work with my Tiguan and what's the english equivalent?

Also just for anyone who is looking for further adaptation tweaks I have listed all the lighting options available (could be assigned to any channel)

There not all 100% perfect as I've only used translation sites for them:

Ok, I cant post the table as the formatting is totally messed up :-(

I was thinking of the same mod but my LED tails look better without this...just 2 thin red line in the darkness...very nice :)

BTW I will do the "rear fogs as additional brake lights" trick. I have just ordered a pair of 10 red CREE SMD bulbs. It was a little bit hard to find them with BAY9s (H21W) base...

I was thinking of the same mod but my LED tails look better without this...just 2 thin red line in the darkness...very nice :)

BTW I will do the "rear fogs as additional brake lights" trick. I have just ordered a pair of 10 red CREE SMD bulbs. It was a little bit hard to find them with BAY9s (H21W) base...

Yeah, I have also ordered some now just waiting on delivery.

Which ones did you order?

As far as not being able to see when I'm braking without the 3rd light is not going to happen as I have the reg fogs as additional brake lights. 2 separate light sources from each side plus the 3rd light coming up to full brightness :-)

Personally I'd prefer to see the two thin tail lights as additional brake light i.e. when braking in day light, everything that's red in the rear cluster will come on at full brightness. At night, no change over factory setting.

Personally I'd prefer to see the two thin tail lights as additional brake light i.e. when braking in day light, everything that's red in the rear cluster will come on at full brightness. At night, no change over factory setting.

That can be done as well - just assign a third function to the tail lights (first function tail lights, second function ch/lh)

I haven't tested it but it should be (vRS)

9)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23 to brake light

(9)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24 to brake light

Edited by xpower

Mailme:

Thanks for the idea

Xpower:

thanks for the description

I have programmed it and I like it :)

I will add my rear fogs too when my LED bulbs arrive :)

Xpower, don't worry about your bulbs.

I'm sure that the LEDs on my bulbs will run on lower current.

This is a small bulb and they have to limit the heat by limiting the current and the light.

Maybe yours and mine will have the same brightness...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my LED bulbs have arrived from Ali Express (very quickly)

Fitted them tonight and they look good - now the fog as extra brake light tweak looks much better.

In terms of brightness I would say they are slightly less in the narrow reflector housing than the halogen H21, but a deeper red in colour. Overall they are better as the light output is barely different.

Here they are

5EF12D9C-5FF4-4241-9FD6-F58C2FC8C025_zps

Edited by xpower
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got some pics of these mods? Thinking of getting them enabled when I get the footwell lights coded. I have changed all my lights to LED's from Ledperf, and I have the factory LED tail light option (and xenons with AFS).

Was following the missus home the other day and noticed that the brake light is only two small strips - but the tail lights are two huge c-lines. Would have thought the other way around would be better. Interested to see what others have enabled and what they look like

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All

I just replaced the tail light bulbs to LED and works/looks great. However I cannot find under which position can be adjusted in VCDS. Getting the error message continuously.

Do You have any experience/idea? Thanks a lot