Fabia III VRS

Think it will be a touch of wait and see

Three fundamental issues will affect Skoda CEO intransigents : 

Take up on MK3 sales, Specifically the Monte Carlo when it arrives .

The success of the R5 Rally car.

Strength of the Competition and what they have to offer.

I don't think a Monte Carlo will arrive either. There is a Sport Edition that mimics what the Monte Carlo is with the difference that they have added options like colored wheels, matching color roof and wing mirrors.

My money is on there being Monte Carlos. and maybe Monte Carlo + Estates come time.

VW are going to stretch out the use of the ACT / COD engines,

they are not going to get great sales of them in the VW's or Audi's.

So 150 ps Manual or DSG in a New Fabia Estate might just hit the mark.

I'm also more inclined that a 150hp option might come in the future but not a hot hatch.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see the MKIII with a 1.6L and 220hp but Skoda has always been the sensible option in the group and after the 1.4L 180hp lemon, poor vRS sales and worldwide economic crisis I highly doubt they will take another gamble. 

The UK buys Hot Hatches more per capita than other countries. 

They might not be a big World Market,  but they never bought many of the Polo GTI or A1 Twinchargers 'lemons'.

But VW are doing the 1.8 TSI Polo & A1. 

They built and are selling, or as it is not selling many Audi S1

So is that a Gamble, thinking there is a new market in people with short memories & no concept or knowledge of engines and what VW just stopped selling. ie Lemons,

or

just some need to build cars for their Motorsport requirements and Homologation?

Edited by goneoffSKi

I have MY12 Superb Estate 3.6 which is a bit inconvenient for crowded Warsaw streets so I started to look for a small (up to 4m long) car for the city, with gasoline engine and A/T. I wanted to stay with Skoda so I had to choose between Fabia Mk II and Mk III. I drove Mk II RS and I loved it but after having a chance to see Mk III live I decided it's the one. As I hear from everywhere that no Fabia III RS is planned I have decided to build my own. Fortunately the prices in Poland are more competitive :) 5 weeks ago I ordered 1.2 TSI Style (similar to your SE-L) DSG, should be delivered end of January. Corrida Red, with black Color Concept (roof and wheels), trimmed with sports seats and suspension, sun roof and Bolero Infotainment system. Steering wheel will be replaced with the red stitching one from Octavia III RS, with DSG shifters (I have checked and it looks it should work after being activated with VCDS or VAG/ODIS). Hand brake and gear selector stitching will be changed to red. Seats will be retrimmed to get the look like in Octavia III RS as well, same is planned for door panels. Front and rear bumper spoilers will be covered with black glossy foil, same with thresholds. Black glossy strips will be applied to all 4 doors. All rear windows will be covered with black foil (sunset option isntoomloght IMHO). Break calipers will be painted red to match body.

Any other ideas for changes?

Of course I want engine to be tuned as well, I expect 150HP should be feasible.

Edited by pab567

I'm also more inclined that a 150hp option might come in the future but not a hot hatch.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see the MKIII with a 1.6L and 220hp but Skoda has always been the sensible option in the group and after the 1.4L 180hp lemon, poor vRS sales and worldwide economic crisis I highly doubt they will take another gamble. 

So Polo GTI had worse sales that Fabia mk2 vRS with their 1.4TSI 178 BHP, so did Audi and Seat Ibiza Cupra.

Yet New Polo GTI get Launched 2014/15 in an uplifted model and Skoda with a New Model(big investment) left out in the cold .Audi is not left out either as they will also get the 1.8TSI. Yet Audi have their S1 Hot small hatch.

How fair is that.

Typical VAG Marketing **** up in my view!

VW no doubt VW will have the WRC to justify that, after Skoda did all the ground work ERC 2000.

Whatever happened to Healthy group competition VAG?????

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

So if HYUNDAI can do a 180 bhp 1.6 turbo unit why can't Skoda get the arse in gear and do at least similar.

However, we will have the approx. 105 bhp Monte Carlo - a real looker but FA Go.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/i30/89718/new-turbo-hot-hatch-and-facelift-for-the-hyundai-i30

They are doing a Hot i20 I read to follow on from have a i20 body shape used in WRC. It seems to be Skoda that talk Motorsport heritage and use body shapes and are prepared to sell a version with 110ps and give it a Sporty sounding name.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

apologies if this has been posted elsewhere already, but seems relevant to next gen vrs discussions.

No fabia mk3 vrs, but sounds like there is a vRS/sports version (whatever that means in Skoda language) planned of the next superb:

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/news/sporty-superb/?rf=html

"That is a matter of sales volume. We feel that the RS would be very expensive; it could come into the range of €50,000 and Skoda customers would not buy it. We have to stay around the €40,000 mark, with the Combi [estate body style], diesel engines and a sporty package. It would have good performance, but let's say not over-performing. But the sporty look – we are already working on it.”

they are willing to do 4x4, warm engine, handling then?

Now then, unless I have misinterpreted it, the FIA regulation 02-2 of the article 261 of the sporting regulations, specific regulations for cars in group R5 state, and I quote:-

"At least 2500 identical examples of these cars must have been manufactured in 12 consecutive months and homologated by the FIA in Touring Cars (Group A)"

Now to me that means if Skoda want to compete with the Fabia in world rallying then they must produce a relevant car, i.e. a vRS version with all the necessary body kit etc on it.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/9974A7AA054F1E88C1257A400055BFA5/$FILE/PROVISIONAL-261%20(2013)-(15.06.2012).pdf

Ian

• Like 2

The Volkswagen Group play with things.

The cars Platform is the same Type Approved from the Ibiza, Fabia, Polo & A1.

Then they had the Limited Edition Audi A1 Quattro 2.0 litre, (part time AWD)

now the 3 & 5 Door Audi S1 2.0 litre (part time AWD)

& now the A1 Facelift 2015 1.8TSI.  (front wheel drive) All the same Platform with some modifications for those with Haldex.

Also the VW Polo R-WRC 2.0 litre (left hand drive) Front Wheel Drive.

Now the VW Polo GTI Facelift 2015 (Front wheel drive.)

It will be interesting to see how the '2015 Skoda Fabia R5 1.6 Turbo' AWD comes out of the rules.

But then there never were 2.0 Litre S2000 AWD Fabias openly available to the Public,

i take it there were enough built and sold for Motorsport.

forgot to put my pics up as i was at Essen the other week, The guy there said nothing certain on new VRS and no oficial word, i thought that was strange as it was now no official word.....

Then blow me down i got a reply to witty facebook post on Skoda Uk and they too have changed to ..... No official word

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152511206339632&set=p.10152511206339632&type=1&theater

I'll put my Essen pics up later as on laptop, i also went to AMG for a VIP factory tour, the Mercedes Museum in stuttgart, Porsche factory tour and to the Porsche Museum where we got to meet Walter Rohrl .  i'll stick up my week review when i get a chance as it was a cracking petrol head week.

• Like 2