Polo GTI some details

vrskeith

I have a plentiful supply if required.

Used to reduce the risk of Frost Bite, but the side effect is it does give a stiff neck.

George,

Now we know how you stiffen up your suspension, in rampent SPORT Mode

• Like 1

Other than Mag /press comments nothing has been released by Audi about their version of the A1 with the 1.8TSI (Polo GTI)ENGINE.

Does anyone have any info?

• 5 months later...

It looks good, however Carfile are doing the 5 door version, brand new for £18990 before you add options. The only thing is, you probably face a lengthy wait for delivery.

• Like 1

It looks good, however Carfile are doing the 5 door version, brand new for £18990 before you add options. The only thing is, you probably face a lengthy wait for delivery.

About 6 white on VW Used website between £16000-£17000 with approx. 2000 miles as demo.

Cheapest spec one:http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS/Leamington-Spa/4098332-605083477-17816.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

• 1 month later...

Interesting chat with my VW dealers this morning, relating to Polo GTI sales. He mentioned in passing that delivery currently 5 - 6 months.

So is that down to a healthy order book or a lack of capacity?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered one of these back in June for my company car, due for delivery around the start of November. Appealed more to me than the fiesta since it'll be a bit more comfortable for the longer journeys if needs be and the cabin looks like a much nicer place to sit. Quite looking forward to it arriving!

3dr Manual, flash red, Discover Nav, Electric climate control, sport pack, convenience pack, parking pack, and some other bits. Pretty well specced. Got just about everything other than the pano roof and app connect.

• Like 1

Sounds a very good spec and nice colour.

What seat finish have you gone for and which alloys.

More usable space than the Fiesta also.

Enjoy it when it arrives also repot back your experience. Have you got a build week yet?

Shame VW don't offer the Mountune equivalent package or VW PP.

Edited by vrskeith

Sounds a very good spec and nice colour.

What seat finish have you gone for and which alloys.

More usable space than the Fiesta also.

Enjoy it when it arrives also repot back your experience. Have you got a build week yet?

Shame VW don't offer the Mountune equivalent package or VW PP.

I went for the standard jacara cloth as I preferred the look of it and wasn't particularly impressed by the alcantara option.

Again kept he Parabolica wheels as prefer these to the other option, can't quite remember the name of them right enough.

My order is through a leasing company that my work go through so I don't actually ever receive any information from Volkswagen, just monthly updates on it my order is still on track, which it is. 29th October build date.

Top Gear recently took it to a track somewhere in England in their most recent issue and the manual manager a 6.1 0-62, fending off some much more expensive and powerful cars, even beating the time of the Golf GTI!

I'll be sure to post my thoughts once it's arrived.

A 2010-2014 Polo GTI 1.4 TSI Twincharger DSG with the same Torque figure as a 1.8TSI 192 ps DSG Polo GTI does 6.1 second 0-62 (100 km)

As can the Twincharger Sister cars from Seat, Skoda & Audi including the Estate from Skoda.

(Even beating the times of a Golf GTI and even Golf GTI PP)

Wife has now covered around 2500 miles in the GTI, I'm quite enjoying it, power delivery is smooth and strong through the gears and the engine sounds great.

Downside is the very small boot and the rear end is very hard, quite uncomfortable for passengers in the back.

Overall though it's a great little car and for me the best of the small performance bunch.

• Like 2

A 2010-2014 Polo GTI 1.4 TSI Twincharger DSG with the same Torque figure as a 1.8TSI 192 ps DSG Polo GTI does 6.1 second 0-62 (100 km)

As can the Twincharger Sister cars from Seat, Skoda & Audi including the Estate from Skoda.

(Even beating the times of a Golf GTI and even Golf GTI PP)

As far as I'm led to believe the torque figures for the DSG's are limited to save the gearbox compared to the manual versions and that's why they can get to 62 a bit quicker than the DSG's which have been tested at 6.7s the stated time from VW.

But the manual is not actually quicker to 62 (100 km) even with the 320 Nm,

so as not to have the manual slower, less torque then with the 1.8 TSI 192 ps DSG '250Nm' (over a wider band) even if VW Media Packs and factory says it is. (or they could have made sure the DQ200 DSG was good for more torque, which it is)

There are 3 Doors & 5 Doors versions and it is often a case with VW of pick a number any number.

Kidology comes into it.

Manufacturers Official times do not matter,

just time the real cars in the real world and use 99 ron petrol not 95 ron.

Autoexpress have not a got 6.1 in that video have they, 

and they even run a 5 Door MINI against a 3 Door Polo, 

surely MINI and VW could have come up with cars that matched!

6.8 Seconds in that Video above, is more than the 6.7 seconds you say VW say the DSG version does.

Anyway, thats them giving figures on 95 ron.

http://evo.co.uk/volkswagen/polo-gti/page/0/1

The thing with the DSG over the manual is that even someone without much driving skills 

can replicate 0-62's pretty easy every time in a DSG, 

which can not always be done with a manual.

Even good drivers that do it for a living can have trouble getting manuals off the line and near manufactures times.

But the manual is not actually quicker to 62 (100 km) even with the 320 Nm,

so as not to have the manual slower, less torque then with the 1.8 TSI 192 ps DSG '250Nm' (over a wider band) even if VW Media Packs and factory says it is. (or they could have made sure the DQ200 DSG was good for more torque, which it is)

There are 3 Doors & 5 Doors versions and it is often a case with VW of pick a number any number.

Kidology comes into it.

Manufacturers Official times do not matter,

just time the real cars in the real world and use 99 ron petrol not 95 ron.

Autoexpress have not a got 6.1 in that video have they,

and they even run a 5 Door MINI against a 3 Door Polo,

surely MINI and VW could have come up with cars that matched!

6.8 Seconds in that Video above, is more than the 6.7 seconds you say VW say the DSG version does.

Anyway, thats them giving figures on 95 ron.

http://evo.co.uk/volkswagen/polo-gti/page/0/1

The thing with the DSG over the manual is that even someone without much driving skills

can replicate 0-62's pretty easy every time in a DSG,

which can not always be done with a manual.

Even good drivers that do it for a living can have trouble getting manuals off the line and near manufactures times.

Get where you are coming from, not sure if you're trying to discredit the 6.1 Top Gear tested the manual to or not?

Or if you're saying the DSG can do that as well? I just haven't seen a test done that stated it got 6.1.

Not trying to discredit them, just saying the Polo GTI Twinchargers were quicker than the times VW gave when run on the 98 ron Recommended petrol and not the 95 ron they must give the minimum figures on.

& the Sister cars were often quicker than the VW 180 ps minimum & the 185ps Audi.  But then the cheaper brands could not have on paper better performance.

So you would expect a 2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI on 99 ron to be better than VW numbers on 95 ron, 

and at least as quick as the 1.4 TSI / TFSI 180 ps minimum that when standard and on a Dyno often put out 190 bhp.

It is just you have to actually put a Manual against a DSG on the same strip at the same time in the same weather conditions to see where there is a difference.

The Estate when weighed is not 5kg lighter than the Hatch, and the Hatch was lighter than the Polo & Ibiza, 

but then gets a Spare Wheel in as standard 20kg, & 25 kg bolted to the rear crash bar then this is the official manufactures weight, (in Press packs etc, and nobody bothers to actually weigh them and check for road tests and reviews) & it also is making the front go light under acceleration on the hatch,

the estate has stronger rear springs though 9 3/4" longer, and has better front traction.

Also the Skodas get 205/40 R 17 tyres,  VW, Seat & the Audi get 215/40 R17's.

*VW Kidology, then the Skodas with the same engines and drivetrain are a VED group higher.*

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

A Standard original engine the early version before the revised one late 2012 with more hp, (VW/Skoda never mentioned more HP)

and not a lightened car, its carrying luggage and stuff.

6.1 second 0-62

VW used selection 13 today nationally,for anyone interested.http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/results.aspx?wflw=se_na_re_vi

VW Website may default after a set period of time approx. 1hour.

Edited by vrskeith

VW used selection 13 today nationally,for anyone interested.http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/results.aspx?wflw=se_na_re_vi

VW Website may default after a set period of time approx. 1hour.

A few more(16) if you are interested :http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/refinesearch.aspx?wflw=se_na_se_vi

Edited by vrskeith

vrskeith,

Fantastic deals to be had in the next weeks at VW Main dealers you might expect.

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/results.aspx?wflw=se_na_re_vi

Negotiate!!or walk!!

57Nationally Fiesta ST2 or 3 £16000 plus.

Edited by vrskeith