Polo GTI some details

vrskeith

So this as the eventual spec etc. ordered just last week. Good spec and decided to change colour. A few minor add-ons put in by the dealer and a good PX deal given.

Purchased via Orangewheels via Swindon Inchcape dealership.

Because of spec ordered delivery lead time is 10 /12 weeks.

http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30020262/vw.co.uk?p=eyJzIjoianhPMVRub3Rud0RkQ1g0UEllWTYwLVdZSzBRIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDAyMDI2MixcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvdncuY28udWtcXFwvc1xcXC91aXAxXCIsXCJpZFwiOlwiMGVmOWE1OTZiMTc0NDVmMDhkOTdkODVkNWEwMWMxMzdcIixcInVybF9pZHNcIjpbXCI2N2FiMjEzOGQ5Zjc0YjU5MDZiYTE1NjRiYmI0NTUxNWY3MDg5NTgwXCJdfSJ9

Deal made up of current VW deposit contribution of £1400 the remainder the Orangewheels disount.

Actual Purchase price £20556.(approx. 14% discount.)

PCP 15000miles a year, over 36 months with 30% deposit.6.8% APR, monthly payment £223

Cracking quality motor, imo for the money.

Current similar spec'd used /demo, car as of today.http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS-DSG-5-Dr/Harold-Wood/4098352-605379582-956836.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

This was the original colour option (red is very orangey in sunlight.

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS-DSG-5-Dr/Loughton/4098352-605410702-123157.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

N.B. pcp rate on used/demo approx. 15%

I wonder what discount on advertised price would be possible?

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the Missus' car order placed at dealer 24 /12/2015, VW Tracker now tells us that build date is 8/02/2016,so not too bad with Christmas and New Year in the way.

I'm guessing 4 to 6 weeks from then until handover.

I've just ordered a Polo GTI with quite a few options so feel like a kid again waiting for a build date.

Out of interest (for any current owners) do they come with the following automatically or will I have to ask the dealers to enable them? (if they can be)

Auto locking doors at ...mph?

Instrument 'sweep' on start up?

Windows open-close using remote keys?

Any others of use I've missed?

Many thanks in advance.

I've just ordered a Polo GTI with quite a few options so feel like a kid again waiting for a build date.

Out of interest (for any current owners) do they come with the following automatically or will I have to ask the dealers to enable them? (if they can be)

Many thanks in advance.

You might get a better response from a Polo specific forum: http://www.uk-polos.net/viewforum.php?f=56

Many thanks in advance.

Auto locking No

Needle sweep Yes

Windows by remote Yes

• Like 1

Fab

Appreciate the replies.

The auto locking cannot even be enabled then?

And the other two are already activated (without having to ask the dealer?)

Thanks

Not 100% but on the polo forum I'm sure it was mentioned that the auto locking can be activated via VCDS, it can't be activated by the options on the head unit, I've tried.

• 2 weeks later...

So this as the eventual spec etc. ordered just last week. Good spec and decided to change colour. A few minor add-ons put in by the dealer and a good PX deal given.

Purchased via Orangewheels via Swindon Inchcape dealership.

Because of spec ordered delivery lead time is 10 /12 weeks.

http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30020262/vw.co.uk?p=eyJzIjoianhPMVRub3Rud0RkQ1g0UEllWTYwLVdZSzBRIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDAyMDI2MixcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvdncuY28udWtcXFwvc1xcXC91aXAxXCIsXCJpZFwiOlwiMGVmOWE1OTZiMTc0NDVmMDhkOTdkODVkNWEwMWMxMzdcIixcInVybF9pZHNcIjpbXCI2N2FiMjEzOGQ5Zjc0YjU5MDZiYTE1NjRiYmI0NTUxNWY3MDg5NTgwXCJdfSJ9

Deal made up of current VW deposit contribution of £1400 the remainder the Orangewheels disount.

Actual Purchase price £20556.(approx. 14% discount.)

PCP 15000miles a year, over 36 months with 30% deposit.6.8% APR, monthly payment £223

Cracking quality motor, imo for the money.

Current similar spec'd used /demo, car as of today.http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS-DSG-5-Dr/Harold-Wood/4098352-605379582-956836.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

This was the original colour option (red is very orangey in sunlight.

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1.8-TSI-GTI-192-PS-DSG-5-Dr/Loughton/4098352-605410702-123157.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

N.B. pcp rate on used/demo approx. 15%

I wonder what discount on advertised price would be possible?

Just spec'd a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2 110ps to a similar level as the Missus'to be Polo gti both via Orangewheel.

Note! Fabia has a manufactures contribution and 0% finance.

So Fabia about £3K CHEAPER discount to discount price, with out the performance.

Your Brand New Car Price - Enquire Now (It's Free!)

Skoda FABIA 1.2 TSI Monte Carlo 5dr DSG Petrol Hatchback £16,925

Electric rear windows £160

Heated front seats £180

Sports suspension £120

Space saver spare wheel £85

Climate control air conditioning £300

Third rear headrest £50

Cruise control + speed limiter £180

Headlight washers £110

Metallic - Race blue £535

Front and rear parking sensors £290

Amundsen sat nav system £500

Cloth - Onyx/red FREE

Light and rain assistant with auto-dimming rear view mirror £200

16" Italia black alloy wheels FREE

Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £19,635

Our Discount Price [on the road] £17,800

Saving £1,835

Our Discount Price includes the £500 Finance Deposit Contribution from SKODA UK when taking SKODA finance.

If buying cash please add £500 back onto the Discount Price above.

So two weeks ago her Polo GTI was planned on VW tracker for build w/c 8/2/16. Checked out at the end of that week,not built with no explanation on the tracker system. Her dealer was contacted yesterday relating to this now replies with build week 15/2/16.

Obviously viewing different data as the Customer Tracking System still says 8/2/16.

WTF VW,get your communication updated and accurate for Customer!!Or drop it and use the dealership.

So following the above entry @ 11.00am today the Tracker now shows Build is now WIP!!Yippee. That's now a day ahead of dealership revised info. W/C 14/2/16

So approximately 4 weeks away from delivery to dealership.

I have a prospective delivery date of 01/03 but no confirmation of that as yet. Still getting very excited though...

Have you been given your tracker number by your dealership yet?

• 2 weeks later...

So following the above entry @ 11.00am today the Tracker now shows Build is now WIP!!Yippee. That's now a day ahead of dealership revised info. W/C 14/2/16

So approximately 4 weeks away from delivery to dealership.

Car is now en-route from the factory.

Expecting delivery & completion 3rd week March 2016

• Like 1

Currently 52 mainly demo Polo Gti' on VW used site, some very good specs and prices. Cracking package for a quality fun small hot hatch - Manual or DSG at sensible money imo.

Cheapest manual £15990 & DSG £16750.both under 6000miles. Base for negotiation !

Edited by vrskeith

Mines being built this week.

Having had a shoulder op last week I can only hope I'm out of the sling in 4 weeks time so I can actually get the car when it's here.

Knowing my luck my rehab will be sloooooow and my new car will have to sit with the dealer for a few weeks longer.

That will be s frustration hard to take!!

• Like 1

Mines being built this week.

Having had a shoulder op last week I can only hope I'm out of the sling in 4 weeks time so I can actually get the car when it's here.

Knowing my luck my rehab will be sloooooow and my new car will have to sit with the dealer for a few weeks longer.

That will be s frustration hard to take!!

Typically my order tracker has jumped straight to 'in transit' and it appears the car was built last week (a week early).

This would normally be a cause for celebration however it seems more than likely now that I won't be ready to drive by the time it's ready!

Edited by FOX1429

Mine arrived yesterday, trailered to my door. I'd requested no valet to be performed, so I had the pleasure of removing all panel protection stickers etc when I took delivery.

Maybe just getting used to the power after the Citigo, but it feels much stronger than the mk2 Fabia vRS I had previously. Perhaps it's losing the DSG that's helped, but the meatier 1.8 engine feels much gutsier in the mid-range, and you never feel like you're driving a small car - it's just so classy and sturdy inside.

• Like 2

Mine arrived yesterday, trailered to my door. I'd requested no valet to be performed, so I had the pleasure of removing all panel protection stickers etc when I took delivery.

Maybe just getting used to the power after the Citigo, but it feels much stronger than the mk2 Fabia vRS I had previously. Perhaps it's losing the DSG that's helped, but the meatier 1.8 engine feels much gutsier in the mid-range, and you never feel like you're driving a small car - it's just so classy and sturdy inside.

Enjoy! Photos when you've done the business please.

Car is now en-route from the factory.

Expecting delivery & completion 3rd week March 2016

Car has now landed in UK. Estimated up to 7days to dealership. PDI , then bingo for the Missus!

Sad to part with the Fabia vRS  mk2 - last one , unless a project arises. Who knows?