aftermarket wheels thread

Guys, i'm not bothered if there are winters or summers on this thread - i just wanted to get all the "non OEM" wheels up on one thread.  Maybe the mods might consider making this a sticky?

Found one more this morning via Pinterest:

cc9f0ba8d408141c672e4d1732fc5dc8.jpg

51986dff4f63a64990e71e3806cf2e36.jpg

Wheel brand/name:   BBS CH-R

Size: (guessing) 19 x 8.5

ET: 40

Tyre:  ?

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc:  ?  

Weight:  c.10.9kg

Looks spookily like a photoshop i did some time back..:

9468910263_9d6ac99a2f.jpg

Skoda Ovtavia vRS mk3 BBS CH-R Photoshop by lotus-gt, on Flickr

• Like 2

I asked in another thread, but no one answered.

Would 8.5" rims with et45 offset with 235/40/18 tyres for the Octavia without scrubbing?

I don't see why not.   OE tyre size for 18" rims on a vRS would be a 225/ 40 rather than 235 but it isn't that much different.  At stock height i think you'd be fine.  Serveral good calculators on the web that help answer these sort of questions:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ or 

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html  or

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator  etc.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I asked in another thread, but no one answered.

Would 8.5" rims with et45 offset with 235/40/18 tyres for the Octavia without scrubbing?

I'm running 225/40 R18's on 3SDM 8.5" ET42 rims with H&R 28833-2 -40mm lowering springs without any issue, so 235/40 R18's only equate to a 5mm per side (tread width) difference and you'll have sufficient tyre stretch on the 8.5" rims to 'shape' the side profile more suitably to the arch in any case. Also, your increase in circumference is a very negligible 24.13mm (1.26%) - so you'll be absolutely fine on standard suspension and shouldn't encounter any problems even if you fit lowering springs.

Pics in my gallery.

• Like 1

rieger-tuning-skoda-octavia-rs-01.jpg

rieger-tuning-skoda-octavia-rs-06.jpg

Wheel brand/name: BBS RX-R

Size: 8.5 x 20

ET:?

Tyre: 235/30 20

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc: KW coilovers.

Weight: ?

I would buy those if my TD Pro Race 1.2s sell :)

They'd be perfect for the JPS

Guys, i'm not bothered if there are winters or summers on this thread - i just wanted to get all the "non OEM" wheels up on one thread.  Maybe the mods might consider making this a sticky?

Found one more this morning via Pinterest:

cc9f0ba8d408141c672e4d1732fc5dc8.jpg

51986dff4f63a64990e71e3806cf2e36.jpg

Wheel brand/name:   BBS CH-R

Size: (guessing) 19 x 8.5

ET: 40

Tyre:  ?

Any other mods, e.g. springs, coilovers etc:  ?  

Weight:  c.10.9kg

Looks spookily like a photoshop i did some time back..:

9468910263_9d6ac99a2f.jpg

Skoda Ovtavia vRS mk3 BBS CH-R Photoshop by lotus-gt, on Flickr

They look bloody fantastic, where they from?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No info, but i found these in my flickr "favorites", thought i'd post them here, although it seems i'm the only one who appears interested in this subject!

14717004675_ec81fb2543.jpg

XS Carnight | Olympiastadion Berlin 14.06.2014 by RGPhotography.de, on Flickr

These look very similar to ABT but i don't think they are..

Edited by rob_e

• 4 weeks later...

I like the look of those wheels, but jeessshhh, I'm not keen on how much that car has been lowered (the very large size rims probably addsto my dislike).  it looks like the springs have snapped and its slumped down on the stops.  :thumbdown:

I like the look of those wheels, but jeessshhh, I'm not keen on how much that car has been lowered (the very large size rims probably addsto my dislike). it looks like the springs have snapped and its slumped down on the stops. [emoji107]

Agreed. From day one I've said I dislike this current phase of styling.

Those look smart but it does help to decide if you can see them on the car first. Should be fairly practical for winter, grey won't show the dirt too badly and the design looks easy to clean.

I like the look of those wheels, but jeessshhh, I'm not keen on how much that car has been lowered (the very large size rims probably addsto my dislike).  it looks like the springs have snapped and its slumped down on the stops.  :thumbdown:

It probably IS on the bump stops.  I don't know the specific setup of that car but i'd guess its on air, so it'll only be that height when parked up.  Tbh i don't like cars that low either, just want to have a good wheel thread on here :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No info, but i found these in my flickr "favorites", thought i'd post them here, although it seems i'm the only one who appears interested in this subject!

14717004675_ec81fb2543.jpg

XS Carnight | Olympiastadion Berlin 14.06.2014 by RGPhotography.de, on Flickr

These look very similar to ABT but i don't think they are..

These look like gloss black Audi rotors